Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OY.... what to do?! #71 Sebastian Update

I'm just noticing how dirty his ears are inside! That vet visit can't come soon enough!!! I'm still stuck on whether to use a vet up by sunny rest, or to use one of my trusted vets down here. It's a distance to travel for the little guy to come down here, but I trust the vets more.

He sure is adorable. If I were you I'd use a vet that I trusted. I hope his health check goes well. Good luck and please keep us updated about him.

I'm really anxious about his vet check up. I"m hoping I have enough this week after I pay my mortgage and my car insurance (dang bills). My psychiatrist made me really worried when he was telling me he found a sweet little kitten too, only it had to be PTS because it was Feline Leukemia positive.

I can handle and FIV+ kitty, that won't bother me, but FeLV... that's a totally different ball game.

So... send up those big hopes and prayers that alll goes well for my little Sebastian Moose at his white coat appt. when he gets there. Not sure how much it will cost, am hoping if I have enough to pay partial they'll let me pay the balance in 2 weeks if possible... I dunno. Never had to do that with them before, I hate to ask to do it now. Oh, I've decided to go with the vet that I trust, so we'll be making a long trip down the turnpike from Lehighton to allentown to get to Dr. Hess in her new digs.

Took Sebastian to the vet today, and the only friends he has on him are ear mites, lol. Thank goodness no other friends!!

He weighs in at 2.2lbs, and is about 8 weeks old. Dr. Hess said he should grow into a handsome blue and white tabby boy! I thought he was a tuxie, but he has some gorgeous marbling coming in on his sides, so he's gonna be a tabby.

We go to a clinic appointment on the 14th and he gets FIV/FeLV tested, and his shots. That should be a fun day for the little guy, lol. I'm hoping he's negative for both tests. I'm nervous because the clinic person I talked to said there's been an increase in Feline Leukemia recently. That's the one thing I don't know if I could handle. FIV I could, and have one cat already that is FIV+, but he's old and has hardy any teeth. None of my guys are aggressive so I'm not worried about any transmission of FIV, but Feline Leukemia scares me.

Please keep Sebastian in your thoughts and say some prayers that he tests negative for both diseases.

Prayers for a perfect checkup for Sebastian. I LOVE that little pic of him in your siggy.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers for the poor little (TABBY!!!) Sebastian; grow up big, strong and healthy (AND A TABBY!!) little guy!

I'm totally impartial - no preference (FOR TABBIES) at all!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

A TABBY! What a change but he is still cute so who cares?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Love your signature pics of him!!! Prayers going up that he gets good results of his tests.

I'm glad to hear that he only has ear mites and nothing else like internal parasites. I hope that his FIV/FeLV test goes well. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. He sounds like he'll turn into a very handsome boy.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    I'm glad to hear that he only has ear mites and nothing else like internal parasites. I hope that his FIV/FeLV test goes well. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. He sounds like he'll turn into a very handsome boy.
    I hope Sebastian Moose's FIV and FeLV tests come back negative! He is so beautiful. He is going to join the clowder of beautiful tabby cats on PT! (Pinot, Luna and Lily, Amy, Grandma and my fur-nephew Milo come immediately to mind and I'm sure I'm forgetting many others) Purr-ayers for Sebastian!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Forgot to post on here that we went to our clinic appointment. Things went extremely well. Both FIV and FeLV are negative. The ear mites are still giving him a hassle... Wish I had kitten Revolution to give him, as that clears up ear mites as well as fleas and ticks. He has no fleas or ticks, I just want it for the ear mites. I'm actually surprised that he's as flea free as he is when we're living in the middle of the woods with critters all around us. Our one neighbor was just diagnosed with Lyme's Disease from being in the woods and bitten by a deer tick up here.

Sebastian is growing by leaps and bounds. It seems that he's also now "found" his voice and is getting to be a very vocal little fella. He's so cute and playful, he can play hard and rough, but we're trying to make him calm down a little bit.

While I was thinking of adopting Hercules from Melissa, I want to wait and see how integration goes with my own 4 guys at home and also we'll be working a lot and I want to be able to watch over them as much as possible. Dave's also not a fan of adding another cat to the mix... however, if no one plays with Sebastian, I'm going to seriously look into adopting Hercules (if he's still available at that point).

That's all for now!

Awww, thanks for the update, I am glad he's doing well, and hopefully you can get his ear mites clearer up soon! Did you see Lady's Human's new addition? I was surprised he was all clear, healthwise, we figure that pretty much confirms that someone dumped the poor thing "out in the country where he can fend for himself" - NOT!
    I've Been Frosted

FIV and FeLV negative - like!
    Ear mites - unlike.
    Growing and getting cuter by the day - LOVE IT!
    *kiss* for precious Sebastian
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sebastian resting after a long day of play!

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm so glad to hear that he's FIV/FeLV negative. Hopefully his earmites will go away soon. I've found that since I have two kittens, that my cats aren't bugged as much because they play and wrestle together and wear each other out. Just something to think about. I hope that the introductions go smoothly. Good luck.