Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: I fear that my senior Boo is on his decline; *Update #109; 10/13

Lovies and scritchies for Boo and the rest of the Fur Posse!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I don't know, I'm getting a tad nervous. He's been sticking to me like glue the last couple of days. He's on my lap right now, which is the norm, but he's been sleeping on top of me, which isn't the norm. This morning he laid on my chest until I couldn't breathe so I got up. I have a road trip to IN in a couple of weeks and I missed the last couple of years b/c Puddy was too sick to leave her and then Pidge was too sick. I organized this trip so I sure don't want to cancel. He isn't sick but the fact that he's staying so close to me makes me wonder.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

prayers and positive thoughts for Boo !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

My Big Mr Purr is more or less in the same way , Mary.
    His kidneys are weak, and it may be a matter of time before he needs IV Fluids.
    Michael is on Rantidine , Feline Omega 3 Fish Oil and Sulcrate Plus Suspension every twelve hours.
    What bothers me is that mMchael spends 90 % of his time in a small are in an old recycled stereo stand , and sleeps all the time.
    He no longer comes up the stairs to see me , and when I carry him up and put him on the bed, he more or less falls on the pillow steps I have made for him and slwoly goes back to his hide out.
    I am concerned as Miquelito and pouncierge are a bit rough , Miquelito head butts Michael the way he always has , but Michael is too old for that sort of play.
    He is off his G/D food half the time and wants his Fancy Feast and White Grilled Chicken.
    Its a dilemma , do I feed Michael what he wants, as he is 19, or do I try to feed him the recommended food that he doesn't care for.
    Poor Old Michael and Boo, it's not easy getting old , is it.
    We are sending Our Prayers and best wishes for Boo, Mary and that he is still enjoying his life. That is what I am praying for Michael too, that he is enjoying his golden years.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Michael has been a lot better this week, he loves his White Meat Chicken Tuesday and Friday , and was sleeping on my bed last night!!
    HOORAY!!!
    Like his Fellow Senior Kittyzen Boo, there is still life in My Owesome Orangie.
    THREE CHEERS FOR BOO AND MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Hooray for Michael! You keep improving Mr. Purr! That would make all of us on this site very happy! Sending you lots of love.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Thank you, Gary. I'm so glad that Michael has improved. I do wish you many more happy years together. Boo is doing better, too. I guess he was just going through a bad spell for a few days. I'm due to leave on my road trip next Friday and I was pretty leery about leaving him but he's doing so well now that I feel ok about it. My new catsitter is really great; she's a registered vet tech and so she won't panic if he does get sick. She'll know what to do and can handle it. Plus she'll be able to contact me via my cell phone. I was worried about not being able to use my cell phone while in England b/c I don't have international calling but he was fine. This time I'll be gone only 4 days so I think I can breathe easily. Again, good news about Michael, Gary. Looks like our senior kitties still have a lot of living to do yet.
    Blessings,
    Mary

I hope Boo is just having one of his bad spells again. He's hanging his head like a horse as he did before. He doesn't appear to be dehydrated but Dr. Lee said that he may need fluids so I guess I'll be brave and do it. You'd think I'm the one who is going to be stuck w/a needle but Boo is so thin that it breaks my heart to have to do it. I'm going to adjust his thyroid meds, too, b/c he hung his head when he was on them before. In the meantime, spare a prayer for my Boo Bear, please?
    Blessings,
    Mary

I know it's not fun giving fluids. But we do what we have to for our babies. I never thought I'd be able to do it with Taz (he was also super skinny), but I did it. And you can too!
    I hope Boo is feeling better soon. It's so stressful when they are sick.

Hugs to you and Boo!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I know it's not fun giving fluids. But we do what we have to for our babies. I never thought I'd be able to do it with Taz (he was also super skinny), but I did it. And you can too!
    I hope Boo is feeling better soon. It's so stressful when they are sick.

Hugs to you and Boo!
    Oh I know I can do it; I did it for nearly 6 years, believe it or not, w/Puddy and then w/Pidge. It's just that he's so bone thin that I hate the thought of sticking him. Thanx for the good thought, Cindy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Prayers for dear Boo. I hope the fluids and med change help him.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Lots of prayers being said for Boo Bear over hear. I really hope the fluids and adjusting his meds works. Hugs to you and gentle chin scratchies for Boo.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Many prayers for good health and comfort for dear Boo Bear and for you too, Mary.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Prayers & positive thoughts on the way for your dear Boo, for you too.

Sending up prayers and good thoughts for Boo!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!