Thread: Dogsitting pictures!

Dogsitting pictures!

Hi all! About three weeks ago I dogsat a wire fox terrier named Taco and then for the last two and a half weeks I was living at my aunt and uncle's house taking care of all the animals and plants there. I really loved it and I am missing the animals already. I'll try and make a separate post for the cats in cat general but here are all the doggy pics!

First up is Taco.

He was a bit high maintenance. He belongs to a friend of the family who lives just down the street so I walked over to his house four times a day.

Last edited by Suki Wingy; 07-10-2010 at 11:54 PM.

Niņo & Eliza

Next up is my aunt and uncle's dog Baron. He is a year and a half old Eurasier. Basically I fell in love with him. He is a funny dog but he's very well behaved and almost less needy than Niņo. If you don't know about Eurasiers you can read about them at the USEC website.
    Here is the brief history of the breed as taken from the FCI standard: "In 1960 a breed was evolved by crossing a Chow Chow and a Wolfspitz. This was first called "Wolf-Chow" and then, after crossing with a Samoyed, was renamed "Eurasier" (Eurasian) and recognized by the F.C.I."

They are going to do the standard tests when he reaches two years and if the results are all fine they are most likely going to breed him. He hasn't done any showing yet but the breeder may be taking him for a while to show him a bit. They are not yet recognized by the AKC so there aren't as many options as far as showing goes.

He has a great dog park just about 5 minutes from his house so I took him every day.

Baron and Samson are always around each other. Sam never seems to want to go too far from Baron.

Baron and I went to Mounds, which is like a pet supply or feed store and Baron picked out a stuffed sock bunny and a "chill pill" cat toy. I snapped this funny picture of him with them looking like he really needs that chill pill!

Here he is just being silly and enjoying the grass

Here he is with Sam in the garden

Niņo & Eliza

And about to catch a Frisbee

My mom brought Niņo and my sisters up for a night and we took them to the dog park.

And one last picture of a very hot and tired Baron showing us his blue chow tongue!

I'd really like a Eurasier of my own but they run about $1500-$2000 and I currently am unemployed (but I've been job searching hard since March!) and about to start back up at college part time. We will see what happens, for now I have Baron to play with every once and a while. I just wish he didn't live 2.5 hours from me!

Niņo & Eliza

what an interesting looking - gorgeous dog. At first glance I thought he was a Keeshond. beautiful!
    thanks for the pics and the info - I had never heard of one!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Awww, I loved all these pictures. Taco has quite a smile All the pups are gorgeous though. Thanks for sharing, Eva!

The pups and kitty are all adorable!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Beautiful dogs, Especially Baron, Never seen a dog like him, I want one!

Great pictures. I don't know much about dog breeds but I've never seen or heard about the Eurasier breed before. He sure is a gorgeous dog. It's so cute how he and Samson are such good friends.

That dog is absolutely GORGEOUS! Wow, the coloring of his fur is so unique!!! And I love his thick muzzle. I've never heard of these dogs before. They look awesome! And he looks like a total sweetheart!!!
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

What pretty puppers!! I love the first one..it looks like he is wearing a little red cap!! LOL
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

handsome dudes left n right... so cute!!!

Baron is very wow!! loove his coloring .. love Eurasiers.. I thought the´yd be more of em out there..hmm..

maybe.. maybe if he does well and your aunt does breed him.. you can ask for one ..if not for free at least at a very discounted price or in payments ..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Wow, Baron is such a gorgeous dog.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    what an interesting looking - gorgeous dog. At first glance I thought he was a Keeshond. beautiful!
    thanks for the pics and the info - I had never heard of one!
    Same! Just a big one.
    I love the markings on his legs!
    Have you held off on getting a Dal?
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I've sort of had bad luck lately looking for a job and I quit college so money is very, very tight and I'm moved around a lot. Hopefully I can stick around up here in La Crosse for a while. I'd love a Dal still but I think I'll probably get a horse first before anything. I am staying at some friends' house until I get a job and a car.
    I do looove Baron and if I can afford it I will talk with the bitch's owner about payments or perhaps handling in exchange for a discount.

Niņo & Eliza