Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meet Hercules - Waiting for a Home Possibly....*CUTE Photos Attached*

I hope he recovers as well. He has been having a lot of diahhrea and I just thought it was because of the can food I was giving him. I'm worried about my other guys as well. I'm sure they won't get it but I'm worried about them.

This afternoon I checked on him, he ate a little not a lot and I just don't know...I'm so worried about him....it's hard to work right now. I tried giving him formula but he didn't take that very well.

The poor guy poops a lot....

Melissa

Are you treating him with Albon? My RB Starr had a severe case when he was a kitten and he had to go through several bottles of Albon before he got better. Stress can also play a role in causing coccidia. Here's some good information about it:http://www.peteducation.com/article....1+1318&aid=726. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Are you treating him with Albon? My RB Starr had a severe case when he was a kitten and he had to go through several bottles of Albon before he got better. Stress can also play a role in causing coccidia. Here's some good information about it:http://www.peteducation.com/article....1+1318&aid=726. Good luck.
    No, it's a newer durg, and the one vet in town is the only one that's using it and it's suppose to kill the coccidia. If he still shows signs of coccidia in his stool today we may need to start him on Albon but I'm not sure just yet. He's acting normal now, we put him out with the rest of the crew because we didn't want him getting more upset by being separated. I've been cleaning litter boxes like crazy. Thank you for the information, I found one yesterday that gave me a lot of information quickly. We are wondering if by separating him from his mother last week brought all this on. We released his mom back out so she could nurse her other kittens. Sad to say we haven't seen her or the kittens. She might of relocated them too.

Hopefully Hercules will be strong and hopefully we can get him over this coccidia.

How's Hercules doing? He is so cute, he's tugging at my heart!

*bump*

how's the little guy doing?

Melissa, I know that you're very busy but can you please update us on cute little Hercules. It sounds like Jenn may have fallen in love with him. Maybe she'd like to adopt him.

gentle bumps = update please when you can Melissa..
    Melissa, I know that you're very busy but can you please update us on cute little Hercules. It sounds like Jenn may have fallen in love with him. Maybe she'd like to adopt him.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

It sounds like Jenn may have fallen in love with him. Maybe she'd like to adopt him.
    Yupper!! I thought about it, talked to Dave about it, and I want that little face to come home to me! I do want to change his name though. I want to name him BARNEY in honor of the sweet black and white boy that Emerald Green took care of for so many months.

I hope Hercules is doing ok... I'd like to be able to get him within the next week!

Oh you go girl Jenn & go get Barney.. Woo Hoo for Barney a happy furrever new home.. Melissa please check in..
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian View Post
    Yupper!! I thought about it, talked to Dave about it, and I want that little face to come home to me! I do want to change his name though. I want to name him BARNEY in honor of the sweet black and white boy that Emerald Green took care of for so many months.

I hope Hercules is doing ok... I'd like to be able to get him within the next week!

<Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Sorry I haven't updated, I've been out of town since last Saturday and I'm still out of town at my sister's place now.

My husband has been keeping things calm while I'm not at home and Hercules is doing well from what I understand. He's eating, I don't know about stool situation just yet but when I get back into town either late Friday night or Saturday morning I will take a sample over to my friend who will check his stool to see if he has any signs of coccidia. Before I left he didn't have any signs or it which seemed very odd that he was cured that quickly.

I'm going to be trapping cats at my sister's place because she has 3 kittens and a mom cat who maybe pregnant and they all need a place to stay as well.

Anyone here interested??

Jenn- I sent you a message back about Hercules.

I gave Hercules this name because I feel it fits his character really well. At first I wasn't so sure and I could be jumping the gun here if he gets sick again or something but I'm hoping that's not the case. I just wanted to give him a very strong name.

Melissa

Well thats all great news.. I am sure Jenn can name him Barney Hercules or Hercules Barney.. Anyways he will have a new furrever home to go too..

Barney was quite the fighter and I think this would be a most excellent name for this little guy! I'm sure the original Barney is smiling down on you and sending his love!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Good for you, Jenn! The little guy looks like quite a character.

God bless you, Jenn and Dave, and God bless you, Melissa and Hercules/Barney!

Love ,
    Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

This is wonderful news!!! I'm so glad that I guessed right. I also think that the name Barney would be perfect for this little boy. Hopefully his stool sample will be all clear so Jenn can adopt him very soon. She may still need to watch his stools because stress can also cause coccidia to return. This really is turning into a wonderful summer of PT adoptions.