Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meet Hercules - Waiting for a Home Possibly....*CUTE Photos Attached*

Well as you know Jenn has her hands full at the moment with Sebastian. I might of found a home for Hercules however. My one co-worker's girlfriend wants a cat/kitten. I told him about Hercules and I hope I'm making the right decision. I think I'll know for sure when they visit with him and see how they interact with him to know for sure.

I'm so attached....but it is what is best for him. They said they do want a kitten that will cuddle but of course he will take sometime, I tried to talk them into getting 2 but since the girlfriend is still in college and not living together the guy (my co-worker) will only take in 1 plus he wants to get a dog at some point so that way they could possibly be buddies.

I told them if it doesn't work out and he just doesn't fit in I will take him back.

I guess they want to visit him this weekend and if she likes him she will take him with her for a week at her house (I believe she is with her parents at the moment) and then when my co-worker moves into his house at the end of the month and things are settled then they will bring Hercules to his house.

I just hope that he doesn't get out of the house and run away or something. I explained to them that he has been through a lot in a short amount of time but he does seem to love other cats which I am sorta sad by him going to a place where there isn't any but hopefully that will be good for him.

I've attached some photos of him I took recently while he was suckling on Apollo. Yep, Apollo's a boy but he's being Hercules mom.

Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July 16-19 (11).jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	876.4 KB 
ID:	45728   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July 16-19 (10).jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	947.9 KB 
ID:	45729   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July 16-19 (13).jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	637.5 KB 
ID:	45730   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July 16-19 (23).jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	45731   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July 16-19 (22).jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	45732  

These pictures sure are cute. When I adopted Alani & Blaze I was told that since they were so bonded that they had to be adopted together. I'm so glad that this was the case because now they have each other as playmates and they won't bug my older cats as much. Hopefully things will work out for Hercules and that this will be the right home for him. Please keep us updated. Good luck.

lol.. too cute!!

Apollo must be one awesome kitty boy..lol

I´ve seen puppies suckling to each other... but an adult boy cat allowing this.. wow.. he sure is something else..((hugs ))
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Melissa,

Rescue can be very wearing on your psyche. It's so difficult to get these babies through such difficult times only to have to find homes for them. You've done your job, and a great job I might add. All you can do now is a home visit, reference check and if all goes well, he will be in a wonderful forever home. Be proud of yourself and the work you do. Sleep well knowing you've given another orphan a great home.

Rescue is hard. Especially when you get attached. Rule of thumb is if you don't name them, they aren't yours. Easier said than done, I know.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Wow, Apollo is such a sweet mom for the little one! BTW, I think the sheepbed is definitely too small

I hope too the adotion will go well and he will be in a good home. Crossing fingers

Those are such wonderous photos of Appollo and Barney Herculese.

Its anmazing that Appollo has that much patience with Barney Herculese trying to nurse , but as Michael, Miquelito and My Orange Porch Angels would say , after all Apollo is ORANGE!!
    What a Graet Cat Pawpie and Baby team!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Well little Hercules won't be going anywhere just yet. The more I talked with my co-workers girlfriend, she really doesn't want a kitten that isn't friendly or that doesn't like to cuddle. Hercules, isn't really a lover yet, we are working with him but as many of you know it takes time to earn their trust. It hasn't even been a month yet since we separated him from his mom.

So Jenn would you still like him maybe later on when Sebastian is healthy??

Melissa

I'm so glad that you found this info out before you let them adopt him. I also think that he'd do much better in a home that already had cats or kittens in it. You can see how well he's already bonded with Apollo. Good luck.

Well little Hercules is still hanging around here. I think he needs to go with a home with other kittens/cats so we'll see what happens.

If anyone here would like to adopt him just pm me.

Melissa

Are you ready for Apollo's heart to be broken when you send him to his furever home? He is attached to the baby now and is going to grieve when he is gone. I remember how heartbroken Chester use to get when I had one here and when it was sent on to it's new home it just broke Chesters heart and he grieved for days..

BUT, those pictures are so sweet of them together.. Herclues is such a striking baby.. I am glad you found out this new home wasn't going to work out, it didn't "feel" right to me the way you explained it...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I don't think I've thought about that a whole lot. Jenn was/is thinking about adopting Hercules so her new kitten Sebastian would have someone to play with and Apollo has a lot of other kitties to play with too. I do agree that Hercules is a very cute and has some striking features, this morning when I went out into the living room Ziggy and Hercules were sleeping together again, they seem to do that at night sometimes.

I've attached a photo of Hercules, Ziggy, and Apollo. I think if Jenn would like to take Hercules that would be good for Hercules so that Sebastian would have a playmate around his age to play with. I don't know if I've thought too much about how Apollo would be after Hercules would leave but I guess you would be right that he would be upset.

Thank you for posting this, it has given me something to think about.

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    Are you ready for Apollo's heart to be broken when you send him to his furever home? He is attached to the baby now and is going to grieve when he is gone. I remember how heartbroken Chester use to get when I had one here and when it was sent on to it's new home it just broke Chesters heart and he grieved for days..

BUT, those pictures are so sweet of them together.. Herclues is such a striking baby.. I am glad you found out this new home wasn't going to work out, it didn't "feel" right to me the way you explained it...

Name:	Mid July 2010 (15).jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	865.9 KB 
ID:	45768   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mid July 2010 (18).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	761.6 KB 
ID:	45769   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mid July 2010 (19).jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	45770  

Awee they are all 3 so Adorable..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

That would be great if Jen could adopt Hercules for her other kitten Sebastian. I know that both of my kittens really enjoy playing together and wearing each other out. This way they don't tend to bug the adult cats too much. Apollo may be a bit sad but he has his other siblings to play with. Good luck.

Here are some more pictures, my husband just sent these to me.

TOO CUTE/FUNNY!

It's Fiona and Hercules....the last photo take notice of all the slober FeFe put on him.

Name:	Picture 218.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	45787   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 221.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	45788   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 225.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	45789  

Too Cute Too Cute they both are..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>