Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heatwave!

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady711 View Post
    My poor little A/C is working overtime since Sunday. It's only a small single room unit, however with my open floor plan it has to cool 4 rooms and my open stairwell to the upstairs!! During the hottest part of the day cranked up on full, it only keeps the main area of the house down to 82 degrees or so! Still sweaty but better than 90. My electric bill is gonna be a doozy this month.
    Same here, only I have no upstairs.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Thanks, Carol, I feel better now! Oh wait, I am sitting in front of the a/c duct and it just came on as I saw your snow pic.
    Stay cool...

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Gave the girl on the phone a sob story about how I was a "senior" with some health issues and I needed to have a.c.
    I'm happy to know your a.c. problem turned out to be minor and you're up and running again. And I do understand the health problems with this heat. It tends to make my diabetes go absolutely ballistic! With having to do more frequent testing I don't have any finger tips left.

THINK SNOW!!!!!

Carol, Thank you so very much for your picture of that beautiful snow! I love snow and can't wait for winter to come back!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Much the same here, but I think we only hit 102 yesterday. It was 85 here at 6 a.m. today too. And I really don't even want to know what it is right now either.

Then it was panic time here for me - the a.c. went out!!! Called our regular guy and the office said no one was available till tomorrow. Hell - I'd be dead by then! Gave the girl on the phone a sob story about how I was a "senior" with some health issues and I needed to have a.c., and a guy was out in less than an hour. It was a simple fix - just a relay switch burned out in the blower fan motor, probably from a power surge, and it was back up and running in no time.

That was way too close for comfort!!!!

Hey, that was quick thinking on your part, you didn't really lie though. I guess we're all hit with the same heat wave, since the weekend the temps have been reaching 39 which is not usual around here. The a/c has been running non stop and yes, the person who invented it should be elevated to sainthood. Were we really complaining about the cold just two months ago...our prayers have been answered.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

My town had 4 days in a row over 100F. That hasn't ever happened, to my knowledge. It's cooler today, and we got a tiny bit of rain.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Now send it this way, Smoky !

A brief shower just passed over us (southeast Michigan). Temp dropped from 94° to 78° in about 15 minutes. Only problem is - there's too much daylight left, and I fear the temp will climb back up - along with the humidity.

This is supposed to be the beginning of cooler temps for us, though.

Good thoughts to all suffering extreme temps. I count my blessings to be in moderate CA. Earthquakes and all! Spending the day at the pool!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Here ya' go -

Think cool.......

And to think that this was just a few months ago..........
    Last edited by pomtzu; 08-15-2010 at 05:19 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thank you pomtzu!!! It's just cooling down to 89* now! How about this, from February!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Today's high was 84, so the heatwave is OVER. WHEW!

We went to an outdoor concert this evening, Dad the 4 fluffs and I. It was by the Bay, beautiful breeze off the water, good turn out. WONDERFUL to be outdoors, lol.

Things "cooled down" to 96 today. High the past couple of days was 106. We so desperately need rain; there are no lawns and the trees are starting to look a little sad . PLEASE - rain and maybe 80's???
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Starting tomorrow they're forcasting almost a week of a second heat wave. Hope that poor overworked A/C holds up. Sheesh. I like warm summers but this is nuts!

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

We've had it hot here, too, but it's humidity that kills me! Last night, I had 29.2C in my bedroom - simply impossible to sleep. I have some top windows open all the way and the lower only a bit, because I'm afraid Fister will sleep there and fall out.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    We've had it hot here, too, but it's humidity that kills me! Last night, I had 29.2C in my bedroom - simply impossible to sleep. I have some top windows open all the way and the lower only a bit, because I'm afraid Fister will sleep there and fall out.

If someone shipped over a window AC for you, would it work with your
    electricity outlets? It would made of world of difference for you & Fister.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt