Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Good thoughts for my dad, please HE'S HOME #76

OH my...prays coming big time for your Dad.

Thank you everyone for your concern. I haven't heard yet today how he is doing or feeling. My mom is going to go down later on, and I'll be going down tomorrow after I get my hair cut. I need to look presentable, not like the gypsy that dI look like now with just a hairband on my head and my hair all wild from being up here at Sunny Rest. At least now, with being up here, when he comes home I'll be only 3miles away from home and will be able to visit more often. I know he's going to be out of commission for a while so he won't be driving anywhere.

For those of you who don't know, my dad has macular degeneration, and is legally blind. Not a good combination for him and a 4 wheeler/ATV. But you can't hold this man back, it just doesn't work. His hearing isn't what it used to be either, so I'm imagining that he didn't hear the car coming (most new cars are almost silent anyway when they're speeding down the road), and I doubt he saw anything much with the eyesight problem. So a speeding woman and an old man on a 4 wheeler did not make good company on that road.

I imagine they'll both get tickets. My dad for driving across the road to get to my brother's road with the 4 wheeler (that's a kick in the arse for ya), and the woman for her speeding. You should see the skid marks!!! YIKES!!!

One good update was that they found all 5 toes, and they are very hopeful that they won't have to amputate any. They're hopeful for his foot as well. WHEW!!! They said it was more of a cut and pulling of the skin, than a rubbing off of the skin, so they'll be able to do more of a pull up and tucking of the skin, rather than grafting. HOpe they need to do no grafting!

I'll post more as info becomes available. All he pitched a fit about last night was the neck brace they had him in and he wanted it off, and no one would remove it, lol. He's so impatient. NOT a patient patient, lol.

Thanks all again for the thoughts and prayers, they mean a lot.

Continuing prayers for all of - maybe most of all for your mother She's the one who will have to deal with him after he gets home. He sounds like me - nothing is going to keep him down.

Glad to hear a relatively positive report this morning.

Prayers and good wishes and healing energies are being sent to your father and all the family. And a candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=11128600
    Last edited by phesina; 07-02-2010 at 06:52 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh my goodness.. Poor Dad & I hope he is not in too much pain.. Prayers prayers & Lighted Candles for your Dad.. Get Well Soon.. Keep us posted ok..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I am praying for your father...how scary.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I'm so sorry to hear this, Jennie. I'm thinking good thoughts and praying now for all of you.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Many prayers offered that your Dad will be just fine and that this event will just be a dim memory soon.

Is there any news on your Dad yet, Jen? He and your family have been very much in my thoughts. This morning prayers were offered during our church service for Dad's quick and complete recovery.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I'm just seeing this so I hope good news is in order and that he is doing well.
    Many good wishes and thoughts headed his way.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Small update on my dad....

They are holding off on doing any surgery until at least tomorrow. They keep washing the wound area, or flushing it what ever it is that they do to these large areas of wounds, and they want to see how much of the foot they will be able to save. Most of the toes look pink, but the big toe looks a dusky blue color. Not good.

He's getting more aches and pains now too. I think the whole accident is sinking in, and he's not so chipper any longer. He just had both knees replaced about 2 months ago, but they look fine the doctor said. He has bruising below them, but that's all!!! Nothing on his face except where he injured his nose, again, so lucky.

He just keeps repeating how lucky his is, and he's right. It could have been so much worse. Hopefully they can save the toe and the foot, but if not, at least he has his arms and his legs, right??

Thank you to all who are thinking of him and sending up prayers, they are still very much needed!

More thought and prayers coming to you all, Jennie.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Wishing for the best possible outcome for your Dad.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Continued prayers from RI for him, for his family, and the folks treating him.

I'm sorry to hear your dad was involved in such a bad accident. I hope that he will get to keep his foot and toes. I'll keep him in my thoughts.