Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Big, big, BIG prayers needed for Allie- UPDATE on #148

Grace-
    She had an NT about 11 hours after surgery, until today, so about 1.5 days. My understanding is that it was a constant drip. The plan is to entice her to eat, or, on Monday, she gets the ET.

I have her secured in a room, with no jumpable objects. She is kind of dazed...but, much more interactive then she was this am. I am still debating whether I will sleep in there, or leave her alone.

The pathology came back on the intestine. I already knew the mass was LGL, or something like that...a non-responsive form of lymphoma to chemo. The ends of the intestine, that were removed to hopefully obtain clean margins, showed a more common and better treatable form of lymphoma. So, Allie will undergo chemo, God willing.

I could just cry. But, what is the point? One foot in front of the other, with an eye towards a finish line.

thanks again,
    Johanna

Johanna, (((Hugs))) Allie might have a sore throat from the tube. It
    might make eating uncomfortable at first. I think she sounds pretty good
    considering the invasive surgery she had. Keeping her from moving around
    may be more important than her eating just yet.

Can she stay in a crate or cat carrier overnight?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Johanna, (((Hugs))) Allie might have a sore throat from the tube. It
    might make eating uncomfortable at first. I think she sounds pretty good
    considering the invasive surgery she had. Keeping her from moving around
    may be more important than her eating just yet.

Can she stay in a crate or cat carrier overnight?
    I would have to double check with Grace, but I think the NT doesn't bother the throat at all like the ET does. I can tell Allie is dopey...blank staring, unsteady gait, etc. I put down 3 types of food, and water, made her a hidey hole, and told J to leave her alone!!! I will medicate her in an hour or so, but, I think we should just leave her be for the night. I hope.

I can't imagine keeping her in a crate, after spending the last 5 days in one, KWIM? It is a pretty small room- J's bedroom (LOL, like he uses it???). I have his twin mattress down, the box spring up against the wall, and one dresser on top of the other to keep her from jumping. And, of course, a litter box. She does like his room...so, I hope by tomorrow morning there is some food gone. Hope, hope, hope.

Please, little girl, eat!!!

Can you give her some broth with a syringe - squirt it in her mouth? Some of it will go down. It would be time-consuming, but at least she would get some nourishment.

Johanna, you're correct. Those NT tubes are very tiny and cause very little irritation while being inserted or while in. The ET is a whole nother matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Can you give her some broth with a syringe - squirt it in her mouth? Some of it will go down. It would be time-consuming, but at least she would get some nourishment.

Johanna, you're correct. Those NT tubes are very tiny and cause very little irritation while being inserted or while in. The ET is a whole nother matter.
    When I asked about force feeding, they said I could do it, but to give her a chance, first.

Zippy-kat and Randi have both suggested the Royal Canin fussy eater. I will track that down tomorrow am, if there has been nothing eaten yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    I would have to double check with Grace, but I think the NT doesn't bother the throat at all like the ET does. I can tell Allie is dopey...blank staring, unsteady gait, etc. I put down 3 types of food, and water, made her a hidey hole, and told J to leave her alone!!! I will medicate her in an hour or so, but, I think we should just leave her be for the night. I hope.

I can't imagine keeping her in a crate, after spending the last 5 days in one, KWIM? It is a pretty small room- J's bedroom (LOL, like he uses it???). I have his twin mattress down, the box spring up against the wall, and one dresser on top of the other to keep her from jumping. And, of course, a litter box. She does like his room...so, I hope by tomorrow morning there is some food gone. Hope, hope, hope.

Please, little girl, eat!!!

Sounds good Johanna. As long as she has nothing to climb on, she should
    settle down eventually. Sleep tight Allie, hope you feel better tomorrow.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Fingers crossed for Allie's appetite. Hope everyone sleeps well!

Welcome home, sweet Allie. Have a good sleep, and maybe in the morning, you will want a little breakfast.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Johanna, I'm glad to hear that she's now home and I sure hope that she'll decide to eat some of the food that you put down on her own. I know that my Ziggy had to be force fed at the hospital and since she was able to keep it down they let me bring her home. She was very hungry when she got home and she immeditately ate on her own. I sure hope that Allie will get hungry and do the same. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way and many more hugs to you.

Hopefully, after a good night's sleep, she's ready to eat now. Fingers and paws crossed here.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    You need to eat, Allie - please??? Certainly you must be hungry by now.

Prayers and well wishes for Allie and her family.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Among the things Filou ate even when he was in bad shape was egg yolk and goose fat. He also loved fresh chicken.
    Thinking of you...

Allie just won't eat. Anything. I took her into the clinic today for another round of fluids and a B12 shot. I also got most of a Transfer Factor pill down her.

I am not going to give her any more pain meds, nor the clavamox. She will still get one antibiotice, but clavamox irritates the stomach. I will see what happens over night.

Please pray that Allie eats.

Someone here mentioned Pepcid or something like it - to settle a kitty's stomach. Might that be an option?

Will she lap beef broth or chicken baby food?

Prayers that Allie eats soon! Come on sweetheart - it's okay, eat up a bit.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Allie just won't eat. Anything. I took her into the clinic today for another round of fluids and a B12 shot. I also got most of a Transfer Factor pill down her.

I am not going to give her any more pain meds, nor the clavamox. She will still get one antibiotice, but clavamox irritates the stomach. I will see what happens over night.

Please pray that Allie eats.

I wonder if the Vet said anything about what to expect for the first days
    at home? I hope she will take some liguids at least. Is she mosting sleeping
    or what? Lets hope that tomorrow brings some progress for Allie. Sending
    a few (((Hugs))) for you both.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt