Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Big, big, BIG prayers needed for Allie- UPDATE on #148

Allie came through the surgery 'as well as could be expected' according to the vet. She had no problems with the anesthesia. The vet found her intestine folded over on itself. This showed up on the scan as a significant thickness/mass. As it turns out, there were two diseased parts of the intestine, separated by a 'normal' piece of intestine. So, an entire section was removed. This was 'good', according to the doctor. All her other organs looked good- to the eye, not sure microscopically. There was some imflammation to the lymph nodes, that could be just reactive. Could also be indicative of the cancer spreading. I will know the results in 5-7 days. Not trying to get too ahead of things at this point.

Allie will be released from the hospital once she eats. She is back on a nasal feed tube, but she will need to eat orally before she comes home, OR, she will come home on a feed tube. She has to be confined for two weeks.

The complicating factor is that I leave for vacation in 10 days. I have gone back and forth in my mind as to what to do. If it were just me going away, I would cancel in a moment. But, my child will be crushed. I have someone staying in my home, but of course, no one can look after cats like I can, right? The vet said if there is leakage (the next hurdle), it will, most likely, be in the next 3-5, 5-7 tops, days. This girl will have to take Allie to have her staples removed prolly the Monday after I leave. That might be a good thing...give the vets a chance to examine her while I am gone. I will probably, just in an abundance of caution, ask about having her examined maybe on that Thursday, too....just in case. Heck, what is another $150, right? (Its only money, right?????).

I took Catty1's advice, and I have ordered the Transfer Factor, and will begin that as soon as Allie gets home. Anyone with advice/experience on this, please share with me!!!

<sigh>. I can't help but feel a slight sense of relief, but that is pretty short sighted, considering the facts.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Our thoughts are still coming your way! A lot can happen in 10 days and hopefully Allie will be a lot better by the time you go away.
    Come on Allie, start eating soon!

We are glad they were able to removed the diseased portion of the intestine, and that there's still good intestine there to do its job as she recovers. Prayers on the way for a good recovery!
    I've Been Frosted

I am getting good vibes from what the white coat said. I am still praying that everything goes well for Allie. Thank you for giving her a chance at life!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Prayers and love for Allie and you all.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm glad that Allie's surgery went well, and I hope that the cancer hasn't spread. May her recovery be smooth.

Prayers for Allie! I hope all works out so you and J can enjoy your holiday.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am glad things went well considering. Why do things like this always happen before vacations? Worse case Allie could stay with your vet if she takes a turn while your gone, the actualy boarding fees aren't usually too bad.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I know exactly what you mean about going on holiday. When Puddy was so sick, I just could not leave her but her situation was different from Allie's. Puddy could've gone at any moment. I'm so glad that the surgery was a success and we're all praying that Allie will heal quickly, easily and in peace.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

ANY good news, is a relief to hear, even if there are still questions in need of answers. The bottom line is, she got through step one.

Still here hoping for the best.

We have elected to both delay and shorten our vacation. We will leave on Wednesday, and stay through Saturday. So, our first day leaving will be day 14 post surgery, rather than day 10. I just feel better about that.

Healing energy sent.

Love, Columbine

I sure hope your kitty pulls through all of this soon....Paris had a NE Tube and was sent home....I was so scared she would rip that thing out of her nose. I was so intimadated by that thing. As soon as I fed her with the tube she would lick her lips and they say that is a sign of feeling full...Well it didn't work so I just brought her to the University to finish her healing because I just couldn't get the hang of feeding her through a tube. Your kitty may be a different story and handle it well....She too had surgery for a folded intestine once they had her open they found it was a little twisted but nothing was removed...And her lymph nodes were all swollen. They thought it was her Pancrease at the end.... She seems to be doing much better now....She has to take an antiacid daily to keep her acid levels at a better level to keep her vomiting under control....I sure hope she does well for you and you can enjoy your vacation...Its so hard to do when they aren't well....Prayers for your little one.... My thoughts and prayers are with you and your kitty!!

*I've been Boo'd*

Johanna, I'm so glad to hear that Allie's surgery went well and I hope that her recovery will also go well and also any other further treatments that are needed. Hopefully you and Jonah will be able to enjoy your vacation. I'll continue to keep Allie in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS)))

Good to hear that Allie's surgery went well.
    I can understand your situation so well as Filou had a crisis some days before we left for vacation. My vet then said: You will go because I start to be more worried about you than about Filou. Well with my sister coming for part of the time, with Christine downstairs who has 3 cats and 2 rabbits and with the vet giving her mobile number to both of them () we went and Filou was really great.
    But I also think that Allie will be a lot better in 2 weeks. She has to eat now- that is very important.