Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Big, big, BIG prayers needed for Allie- UPDATE on #148

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post

The blood results came back this morning with the three biggies-
    kidney, liver and thyroid - all within normal limits.
    Well, that's a good start!

Get a nice selection of Junque Food and hope she's impressed.

Purrayers will continue.

{{{Hugs}}} to the BiPeds.

And, I don't want to appear unthankful, I am! But, with a cat that won't move, won't eat...and is super thin...it is hard to be over the moon.

Off to get sardines, tunafish, salmon and babyfood! Thanks again, everyone.

How odd. I very much hope she starts to feel better over the weekend. What a worry!

I'm glad to hear that her blood work looks good but sad to hear that you still don't know why she's so sick.

Did your vet say anything about pancreatitis? Last year my Ziggy stopped eating which is not like her at all. The vet did many tests and even an ultrasound which did show that her pancreas was slightly inflammed. I guess it's hard to diagnose this in cats so the diagnosis ended up being slight pancreatitis. I tried giving her home treatment but she kept vomiting so she had to be hospitalized for 24 hours. Luckily she began to eat for me when she got home and she's been fine since. They also gave her a vitamin B12 shot to help improve her appetite and I was sent home with some syringes and a vial of B12. I had to then give her one shot a week for about 6 weeks I think.

I also know that when cats stop eating that they can get fatty liver disease but I would think that this would show up in her blood work. If she doesn't eat anything for you at all then you will need to force feed her. I had to do this with my RB Pepper. I sure hope that she'll start eating, doing better, and feeling better. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I can understand that you are still worried. I hope Allie eats. Smokey's story sounds kind of encouraging.

Jo,

Royal Canin has a "Picky Eater" formula. When K'Cee was first diagnosed with the kidney "stuff" and was refusing all other "good" food, she would eat this. (Of course now she won't touch the stuff. )

Can the vet give her an appetite stimulant to help get her over the hump? With K'Cee, valium did the trick. Of course if it's an ulcer or inflamation, it might not be a good idea.

Best of luck to you guys!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Prayers that you can help Allie get over this bump in the road. Don't give up, and believe in the power of PT prayers. I believe that they helped Myndi immensely. Just two weeks ago today, she was at death's door, and today she is back with me, and close to 100%. We'll be sending prayers for Allie, you and your little boy too!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Prayers and healing energies for dear little Allie.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Frustrating, is how I read this latest report.

If you can, some salmon should be helpful and tasty! gets her those Omega 3 and 5 's.

Goodness - too many things going on for you and poor Allie.

Prayers are being offered for you both.

Johanna, have you tried Royal Canin's "Sensitive"? Fister is crazy about it, and the Killiarn Kitties, too. See if you can get samples from your vet.

Hope Allie will start eating, put on some weight and get better!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Johanna, ask your vet to inject B12 or even all the B vitamins into the subQ bag. S/he may say that it won't help, my vet said so too, but it brought Puddy back. She ate, she had energy, her senility left, all of it instantly. Because Allie is so thin, it would be better to inject the B's right into the port on the bag instead of the skin b/c it does burn but this way Allie won't feel it. It couldn't hurt but I'll bet it'll help big time.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

The good news, Allies fever has broke, and is now at 102.5. Not perfect, but a whole degree lower has made a difference.

This am, she was upstairs when I got out of bed, whereas the last 2 days I had to bring her upstairs. She still can't jump up to the counter. That is still sad to witness.

She still won't eat. She refused all tempting foods. Maybe another 4 little treats were eaten. The vet said cats tend to feel better first, then pick up eating next. So, anyday now, Allie, you can start!!

I can tell there is a marked improvement...she even darted out the door this afternoon, and her tail isn't strictly low flying anymore.

2 additional tests came back negative, so it is a head scratcher. She will stay on the clacalox, and maybe more fluids in Tuesday if needed.

I don't think my vet does B12 shots...but, I didn't think to ask before the fluids were administered.

As to the steriods...if there is something internal, the steriod would make it go crazy. Doing anything but treating her supportively is a hard call...in case something done makes her worse.

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts! It is just so bizarre. And scary.

Oh my- any improvement is better than no improvement. I hope Allie will start to eat soon. At least it is getting better- slowly but hopefully steadily.

I'm glad to hear that her fever broke and that she's doing a bit better. Cats just don't want to eat when they're feeling bad or even when they can't smell their food. I hope she'll start eating something soon. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

I also forgot to add this info earlier. One time my RB Pepper was very sick and he had stopped eating and he was also losing weight. Back then I free fed so I didn't even catch this right away so I didn't even know how long it was going on. It turned out that he was severly constipated and once this problem was solved he made a full recovery. Then later on I caught him jumping in and out of the litter box and he was constipated again so he had to have a kitty enema. After this he was on lactulose which finally kept him regular and on track. I just wanted to mention this because sometimes the problem can be overlooked and it's usually an easily treatable problem.