Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canada Day

Quote Originally Posted by Louie and me View Post
    Thanks for all the good wishes. We do have parades and barbecues and fireworks although not as spectacular as those in the US.
    There are many reasons why I love Canada but since today is a very popular day for swearing in ceremonies for new Canadian citizens, this one came to mind.
    Here in Canada, I am English, married to an Egyptian, our best friends are Canadian, Macedonian, St. Lucian, Dominican, Scottish, American (sadly now deceased) and of course English.
    Our immediate neighbours (from house to house) are: Canadian and Chinese, Irish and Canadian, Russian, English, Greek, Italian and English, Dutch and Canadian. With the exception of those born in Canada, we are all immigrants now Canadian citizens. It’s an old neighbourhood and we all look out for one another. There aren’t any “foreigners” here – we are all just proud Canadians. I love this multicultural environment and the acceptance that all immigrants find

I bet you get some good food with all those folks representing!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Happy Catada Day :)

Yes, we are officially 143 years old today.

I slept in until 9:30, got up and made some phone calls and now as it rolls into the afternoon, I think it's time to get dressed. Lazy day indeed.

My Mom and I were going to walk down to our local park for celebrations but the weather decided not to cooperate. We have dark skies and rain. I was also going to watch our local fireworks at 10:15 tonight but due to the "dampness" I think stay hunkered down and keep warm. I have to w-u-r-k tomorrow.

Although we Candians don't seem to show our patriotism as much as the States, I am proud to be a Canuck.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Dear Canadian PT Friends,

Happy CANADA Day!

Lately there have been some Canadian tourism ads on the radio in Chicago, and I think of you all when I hear them! I enjoyed seeing all the beautiful Vancouver Olympic sites and I especially enjoyed rooting for Canada and the U.S. during the hockey games.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

"I bet you get some good food with all those folks representing! "

Yup - lots of good food.

Great food, great realtives, great neighbours (of various cultures) and spectacualar fireworks . A great time for all. thanks everyone.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Yours until America drinks Canada Dry?

Canada Day today in London (England, not Ontario)! - http://www.canadadaylondon.com/
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

thanks just got back from are canada day fireworks
    Hi all cat lovers have a nice day. chack out my meassge Board at
    http://orangeangelcat.proboards22.com/index.cgi

Yesterday in observance of Canada Day I began reading "A Romance on Three Legs: Glenn Gould's Obsessive Quest for the Perfect Piano," a biography of the famous pianist written by Katie Hafner. What a fascinating character he was, and what a well-written book this is.

And last evening I listened to some of the concert in Ottawa on CBC Radio (which I have on most of the time, anyway). Lots of good music and fine performers..

Toward the end the Barenaked Ladies did a set. In their song "If I had a million dollars," the lead singer at one point mentioned a colony of feral cats in the area and said "What other country takes care of a colony of feral cats around its Capitol?"

O CANADA!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery