thank you for all the replies!. i got home from work today and he only seems to be worse! i took him outside on his leash and had to practically drag him out and he just kept running for the door to go back inside but i kept him out forawhile and tried walking around the yard to show him not to be afraid and telling him it was ok and to go potty, but no such luck!

i may have figured out what his problem is though, i noticed him licking himself alot on his side so i took a look and saw some kind of wound, its almost like a hole. im not sure if this is a tick bite or what?. i got a flaslight to get a better look at it and its just a round open fleshy looking wound, so im just taking a guess and saying whatever did that to him must be why he is afraid to go out. i cleaned it and the area around it and i dont think its infected, and it doesnt seem to bother him when i was touching it he didnt whine or flinch a big as i rinsed it off and felt around the area with my fingers, i even sqeezed the skin together to see if maybe a tick would pop out or if i could atleast feel one but i didnt see or feel anything in the skin. but now im not sure what to do about this wound he has because i am not sure what gave it to him, some kind of bug i assume. im attatching a picture of it so if anyone has any idea as to how he got this or what kind of bug may have bittten him, please let me know what you think and if i should take him to the vet!. its to late to even call the vet tonight, but im going to see what responses i get to this post and what kind of advice everyone gives me in the morning before i go to work and then i may call the vet to see what they say. im in my early 20s and live on my own, and i love my dogs very much, but i am broke and if i can avoid going to the vet and spending money when i can possibly take care of his wound on my own i prefer to do so rather than having a huge vet bill for a bug bite. let me know what you all think! and if i should take him to the vet or if its something i can take care of on my own!

and again thanks for the replies!