Thread: String attachment

String attachment

I just had to ask some of you cat people if you have ever seen cats get attached to strings...Both of our Siamese girls have crazy addictions to "thier" Strings...And they both know which string is which... They don't play with each others. Paris's is green and Nikki's is white and they both carry them around the house like the string is a security blanket. Paris only allows me and my husband touch hers she even sleeps with it. Or she tucks it into bed with me. Nikki hasn't gotten to that point yet she just carries hers around. When Paris was sick with Pancreatitis that string was tucked into bed with her everyday. Is this a strange thing or have the rest of you seen this sort of behavior? And we have found that its only our meezers that have done that?

*I've been Boo'd*

Well I've never seen any of my cats attached to anything to this extent but I do remember that when I adopted Sky the Humane Society gave me a big brown catnip mouse to take home with him. He used to sleep with it every night for a while. I guess you could say in the beginning that it was his security blanket.

Pearl loves straws and she'll carry them around in her mouth but she won't sleep with them. She likes to leave them in my bedroom sometimes. I think it's her way of giving me a little present. Ziggy used to also do this with her pipecleaner spiders but she hasn't done this in a long time.

Just please BE CAREFUL!!! String, especially dental floss, can be dangerous if ingested. It can get wrapped around the intestines and do alot of internal damage.

Case in point: Shortie (my rescue Munchkin) has a fascination with dental floss. I made the mistake of leaving a piece of dental floss on my end table. I meant to throw it out. Next thing you know, Shortie was meowing and rolling her butt on the carpet. I always check their butts first when I see this. Sure enough, there was a piece of dental floss coming out her butt. I GENTLY tugged at it (DO NOT try to do this!) and a little came out. Up to the vet I ran. They gave her Laxatone and an enema until it finally came out. One very expensive vet bill later...she's fine. What an expensive lesson to be learned.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Many years ago I had a black and gold shoestring that Smokey the Elder was totally enthralled with. It was known as The One True Shoestring. It disappeared after she went to the Rainbow Bridge (who says you can't take it with you?)
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

My Found Cats only like strings only if I am dragging them in front of them.
    I try and keep the strings away as moosmom says Cats have to bet careful that they don't swallow string as it can be harmful
    The same thing goes with rubber bands
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I should have phrased that better...Its not a string...its more like a rope. Paris doesn't show any interest in eating the string she just carries it around with her. She certainly doesn't want to eat the string cause I am pretty sure she loves it! I worried about her eating it but I am certain she won't do that now...Or she would have. She treats it more like a security blanket. Its the strangest thing and I would have thought she would have grown out of it by now. But she loves the thing.... I just can't take it away from her...Or she looks all over for it. Only she knows where she puts it. Its will disappear for a couple of days and then all of sudden it will be in bed with me...I don't know its pretty strange but she likes it and that is all that matters Its like a kid with a security blanket its really hard to take it away....

*I've been Boo'd*

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Just please BE CAREFUL!!! String, especially dental floss, can be dangerous if ingested. It can get wrapped around the intestines and do alot of internal damage.

Case in point: Shortie (my rescue Munchkin) has a fascination with dental floss. I made the mistake of leaving a piece of dental floss on my end table. I meant to throw it out. Next thing you know, Shortie was meowing and rolling her butt on the carpet. I always check their butts first when I see this. Sure enough, there was a piece of dental floss coming out her butt. I GENTLY tugged at it (DO NOT try to do this!) and a little came out. Up to the vet I ran. They gave her Laxatone and an enema until it finally came out. One very expensive vet bill later...she's fine. What an expensive lesson to be learned.
    YES, INDEED! This can be SUCH a critical, life-threatening emergency. Thank God that Shortie survived her episode.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery