Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My sweet Filou lost his last battle- memorial pictures #52/53

My heart is so heavy!

Barbara and Siegmar, I know that this is unbearable for you, poor little Filou is not hurting anymore. As Russian Blue said their pain is over and ours only starts when they leave us.

Juni saw me crying and she came to mourn with me

I will call tomorrow.

Tears are running freely here, as I have read your post, and all the others.

I hope that you know that you are in all of our thoughts and prayers at this time. I'm so sorry that you lost Filou so close to you also losing Tigris.

Play hard at the Bridge, Filou, go and find Tigris and be happy again.

When I first saw this posting yesterday I could not bear to respond. You Filou had given me hope that when Emily was diagnosed with renal failure she could live as long and as fully as he did (unfortunately she did not ).

I can only imagine what you are going through right now, but he is now at the RB, happy and healthy once again, just waiting for the time when he will see you once more.

Goodbye Filou, you will be sorely missed!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Barbara, I'm so sorry to hear that your sweet Filou has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.
    I know you fought long and hard to give him a long wonderful life with you and Siegmar.
    I know how much it hurts to lose a beloved heart kitty.
    I'm sure that Filou is with his big brother Tigris again at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Sending hugs your way.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Barbara, I am so very sorry that Filou's time had come. You did an absolutely amazing job in keeping him as happy and as healthy as possible for all those years. Not that that makes it any easier to bear.
    Sending many hugs to you and Siegmar.

It’s difficult to write about Filou.
    We met him with his human mom who is a pet photographer who has published quite some books about cats and his kitty mom. He was an only child, 8 weeks old, and started our acquaintance by chewing on our fingers and sitting on our back. He lost the first habit and followed the latter one until the day of his passing.
    When Filou came to live with us he was 16 weeks old. His 13 weeks old adopted brother Tigris was already there- just for one day. While Tigris had spent the first afternoon in the transport box, just not wanting to get out, Filou jumped out of his box and within five minutes had been to every corner of the house and back again.
    Filou and Tigris became friends (and were called “the Mongole hordes” or “the stampede”) and while, after the coming of age, their relation was not without tension they stayed friends until Tigris’ left much too early:

Filou was a prince- he just couldn’t move without grace. All his pictures show him so quiet but that is just because I couldn’t take pictures when he moved, fast as lightning.
    Talk about light…ning: He loved the sun:

He loved his balcony garden and the flowers:

Being a prince, he made sure his subjects loved him- and how could they not:

He groomed his dad:

and followed us everywhere, especially in the kitchen where he ate Thai curry chicken, salmon, corn, olives, cooked potatoes, coconut milk, corn, avocados and milk chocolate if he could get it. I have never seen a kitty with such an appetite.

When he was 9, back in 2005, I began to notice that he drank. Before I had never caught him in that act. We got him to the vet and had to hear that his kidney began to fail. He got fluids and diet food and he loved even the diet food. For some years all went well. He had his weekly appointment with his friend Trude, the vet and with all the nice vet assistants who were just as charmed as we were. Then, 1,5 years ago he had a first crisis which scared us very much. He overcame it with flying colors but he strated to seriously lose weight. He had been 7 lbs when healthy but he lost half a pound after the other and was thin- but continued his life as a shoulder sitter. He began to prefer being carried on the shoulder to walking himself and climbed our trousers (or naked legs- ouch) to get to his outlook place.
    His diet became very special: kitten food, treats, fresh chicken- sometimes I offered him 3 fresh puches before he decided he will have a bite.
    This spring he became thinner and weaker. Beginning of May there was the first time when he didn’t eat for 3 days. We thought that would be the end of his life but he came back J He spent 10 days here at home with my sister, her husband and doxie Amber while we went on vacation. And he was eating happily when we came back.
    But his eating became less predictable. He might go a day or a night without food. His last pictures show how thin he became, how rough his fur was and how his eyes changed their expression:

He spent a lot of time in the position of the last picture and only short times in his favorite tortellini positions.

Dearest Filou, to let you go was the hardest decision of my life. You have been my little prince and now you are a memory only – a memory on my shoulder, on my duvet on top of my legs, in your favorite places in the sun.

I miss you so.

The Abyssinian Cat

His amber eyes, his tiger face,
    They speak of jungles, sight-unseen,
    Or Abyssinian desert place,
    Where my small cat has never been.

His throaty purr, his paw embrace,
    The way he always follows me,
    Define the central heart-home place
    Where my small cat will always be.

a poem by Jean Gorton

Lay down,
    your sweet and weary head.
    Night is falling.
    You have come to journey’s end.

Sleep now, and dream
    of the ones who came before.
    They are calling,
    from across a distant shore.

Why do you weep?
    What are these tears upon your face?
    Soon you will see.
    All of your fears will pass away.
    Safe in my arms,
    you’re only sleeping.

What can you see,
    on the horizon?
    Why do the white gulls call?
    Across the sea,
    a pale moon rises.
    The ships have come,
    to carry you home.

(Annie Lennox, Into the West)

This is such a beautiful tribute to him, the photos you posted capture his purrsonality so well, a testimony of the wonderful life he had with you.

The last picture broke my heart. Yes, I would say, he was ready to go... (((HUGS)))

Barbara,

Your tribute to Filou is beautiful as is he - a wonderful cat with a beautiful soul. Always remembered, always loved, rest in peace dear little Filou

You and Siegmar are in my thoughts and I wish you peace. Love, Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

The picture of Filou and Tigris sleeping together is really cute! I love the ones of Filou on the balcony. I'm pretty sure Siegmar took the first one... Filou is keeping an eye on what you're doing inside, Barbara - and in the next one, I'm sure Filou has spotted a bird.

Filou took his job as a groomer very serious but of course that was because he loved you so.

In the last picture I can see he was ready to go.

Rest in peace, dear Filou! Tigris will be happy to see you.

Barbara, hugs to you and Siegmar.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I showed My Friends at Poco Loco the Photo of Filou and Tigris in their Santa Hats and we had a moment of silent prayer for them.
    We hope that they were able to come and enjoy the Tacos, Salsa Chips Water and Tiger Stripe Ice Cream.
    Filou and Tigris are together for eternity and will have a great time exploring the World , until you are all reunited in a Special Place.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm so very sorry for your lose. I know the huge hole in your heart. Just know that he is happy and whole again. I'm sure Hobbes is showing him around.
    Claudia & Calvin

Barbara, I am so sorry for your loss.The way he passed symbolises how he lived - surrounded by love and kindness.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

What a wonderful tribute. I enjoyed seeing the pictures and hearing more about him. Filou knew that he was loved very much and from the last 2 pictures it did look like he was ready to go. You'll both be together again one fine day. Please take care.(((HUGS)))