Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipe Thread

Hybrid View

Kingrattus...maybe you already know this one..but for a quick easy lower calorie pizza, I get the flat bread crust (shaped like a pizza), add light olive oil, bake it to crisp it up...then add crushed, drained pineapple and low fat mozz cheese, crushed red pepper, and pop it back into the oven for another ten minutes to melt and brown a little bit..yummy.

Jen- my chili- a page or two back, constitutes low fat....

Miss Meow's sauce recipe sounds very delish, too.

Here is a great easy salmon salad..though I like it better in the summertime, I dont know why.

Fresh salmon fillet or steaks- grilled- maybe you want to marinade it in a zesty sauce first, though I love the taste of salmon plain.

Then- go to the grocery and pass right over the lettuce section- and head straight to the DOLE pre packaged salads, and buy the spring mix (For non 'Staties'..Dole is a brand name- the salad mix is more of a specialty mix...not much iceburg lettuce- but has radish stems, fancy lettuces..I don't know all their names- but you want to use fancy lettuces- not iceburg).

Then, arrange the lettuce on the plate (do I really need to tell you this?) cool the salmon, remove the nasty skin and that brownish grey junk, and break it up loosely on the lettuce.

Sprinkly crumbled blue cheese (feta is ok, too), craisins (dried cranberries, sweetened), and sunflower seeds. Then, buy the fat free dressing made by Brianna's with raspberry or some other fruity flavoring. Again, Brianna's is a name brand. You want a liht vinerageratte (spelling is not right), and fruity stuff makes a nice complement.

With the exception of grilling the fish...you are looking at five minutes, tops. I love it on Sunday evenings...grill outside, nice bottle of wine, lovely toasted bread..oh, yeah, that part isn't low fat.

Jess, I make homemade pizza with pita bread. I broil the pita bread with olive oil. Then I add pizza sauce, mushrooms, peppers, onions, fresh garlic or anything else you want. Sometimes I put pepperoni, chicken, shrimp... Then I put the pizza blend cheese (from Loblaws) on top and bake it a bit longer.

Yum, I'm getting hungry
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

Originally posted by sammi
    Question of The Day:

Who knows what "oleo" is and remembers the little "red/orange" dot and what you did with it?? This is really giving my age away.
    I know what Oleo is! (Don't remember the dot though...

I LOVE Tandoori Chicken! Thank you for the recipe!!

So many good recipes here!!!! I think i will moave them to a word document and put them ALL in my ccokbook drawer!

i never did get those Cambodian recipes posted..I will do that soon...

PANELLETS

Ok. that's a special request of Randi..

It's a seasonal sweet for Toussaints ,your Halloween ( 1ts.Nov.)

PANELLETS
    The mass:
    1/2 kg. row ground almonds
    1/2 kg. Ground sugar
    150 gr. Potatoes
    1 egg
    A grated peel of a lemon.

Boil the potatoes for a 20 minuts or till they becomes soft.Peel them,cut in pieces,smash lightly and allow it to cool.
    Mix the almonds and the sugar .
    Add this mixture to the boiled potatoes.
    Knead to form a firm mass .
    Add the grated peel of a lemon and mix with the mass.
    Make balls smaller than the size of a tennis table ball.
    Stir the egg, soak the balls in there and roll
    over the peanuts to make a coat.
    Preheat the oven grill to 250ºC.and brown them ( golden colour)

You can substitute part of the potatoes for sweet potatoes or pumpkin if you like.
    The Panellets will last for severals days if kept in an airtight container.
    Enjoy!

Anna

PS:Koala & Nicole I'm working in your recipes now..

thanks for the pizza ideas, thanks people
    but more are welcome
    I'm a pizza lover

Poor little shrimp I like sea animals in my tanks not on my dinner plate... hehehe

The people I live with keep saying their gonna fry up my fish & have turtle soup. It gets me going every time.. hehehe

Anna, you're an angel! I love these Paneletts, just didn't know the name of them. Thanks for the translation! You know, I can speak a bit of spanish, but catalan is definately beyond me!

Will try and make them one of these days - you're welcome for afternoon Café con leche!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thank you!

you're welcome for afternoon Café con leche!
    Randi there's no way I'll eat Panellets con Café con leche, some sweet wine is in order.....some Moscatell maybe?

Well, in fact we have three days off this week-end ....so be prepared.
    (just kidding)

Anna

Ok Koxka, I'll keep that in mind! - I love Moscatel!

Now folks, X-mas is getting closer, so here's a recipe for a

Fruitcake!

Ingredients:

*One cup water
    *One cup sugar
    *Four large eggs
    *Two cups of dried fruit
    *One teaspoon baking soda
    *One teaspoon salt
    *One cup brown sugar
    *Lemon juice
    *Nuts
    *One bottle whisky

Sample the whisky to check for quality. Take a large bowl. Check the whisky again. To be sure it is the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.

Repeat.

Turn on the electric mixer, beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar and beat again.

Make sure the whisky is still okay. Cry another tup. Turn off the mixer.

Break two leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.

Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers pry it loose with a drewscriver.

Sample the whisky to check for tonsisticity. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Who cares? Check the whisky.

Now sift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Spoon. Of sugar or something. Whatever you can find.

Grease the oven. Turn the cake tin to 350 degrees. Don't forget to beat off the turner.

Throw the bowl out of the window, check the whisky again, and crawl to bed.

..... and, mind the slippery floor!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

LOL Randi - yes that sure is a good 'recipe'!!! Think I'll make a couple of Christmas Cakes this year!!!! Hic hic hic

Lynne

Hmm, sounds like it would be fun to make these special Christmas cakes together..............more "ingredients" to share.

Originally posted by gini
    Hmm, sounds like it would be fun to make these special Christmas cakes together..............more "ingredients" to share.
    Yes, wouldn't it?! We'd have to change one of the major ingredients though, if I were to join - I hate whisky! What do you say we change it to Rum!

BETTER THAN SEX CAKE

Bake a box German Chocolate cake.
    Take a hollow ice cream scoop handle and poke 12 holes in the cake.
    Take caramel or butterscotch syrup and fill each hole with it.
    Frost the cake with Cool Whip
    Sprinkle crushed Butterfinger candy bar on top.

Enjoy!!

Ingredients:

Box German Chocolate Cake
    Caramel syrup or butterscotch syrup
    Cool Whip
    Butterfingers Candy Bar

This cake is SINFUL and very rich!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I would hate to see ANYONE making the Fruit cake along with the Better than Sex cake...while it might be fun (Yikes, don't tell my mom about this), it could be diasterous!

Here's a recipe for a nice and healthy sidedish, and it's easy!

This is for 2 persons.

3-4 Jerusalem artichokes
    1 cup (about 1/2 pint of whipping cream - (is that single or double?)
    1 egg
    1 piece of garlic
    salt
    pepper
    a little chives

Boil Jerusalem artichokes for 5 min., let them cool, slice them into thin slices. Put them into a greased owenproff bowl. Stir the egg, crushed garlic, chives, cream, salt and pepper and pour it over.

Bake in oven for about 30-40 min. until slightly brown on top. Serve as a sidedish with meat.

Last edited by Randi; 12-22-2009 at 09:22 AM.