Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipe Thread

LOL, these AREN'T for rats or dogs, Mwahahahaha *watches them eat in delight waiting for the precise moment to spring it on them*

I'll find my recipes and post them up
    I've been BOO'd!

Okay, thse are DOG recipes. I have atleast 200 of them from myself or various websites, so I'll only post my favourites.

Rice pie

1 cup brown rice
    2 cups mixed vegetables (frozen or canned)
    1 cup cooked chicken or beef, all fat removed
    3 eggs
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 cup fat free natural yogurt
    1/2 cup water with 1 chicken stock cube dissolved in it

Method

Cook rice, put in medium sized casserole or pie dish, with the vegetables and chicken, mix well. In a bowl, mix the eggs, milk, yogurt, and chicken stock, beat well.
    Add this egg mixture to the rice mixture and fold in well.
    Cook in oven at 180C for about 1/2 hour or until set.
    When it is cool, it can be cut into wedges and frozen in portions suitable for your dog. This pie can be mixed with other dog food or served on its own for a healthy low fat diet.

1 lb salmon
    1/4 C Olive Oil
    1/4 C Water
    1/4 C uncooked rice (can be ommitted if using at least 2T rice flour)
    3 Eggs (including the shells)
    1/4 C Dried leafy green vegetable (Kale, spinach, etc)
    1 t Honey, Molasses, or Brown Sugar
    1/4 C Grated carrot (not shredded)
    1/4 C Rolled Oats OR Wheat Germ
    1 T Brewer's Yeast, soy, whole wheat, all-purpose, or mix of these
    2-4 C Flour - rice
    1 T Olive Oil (to grease cookie sheet)

NOTE: Rice flour is best, as it is easier to digest, soy flour has more protein, all-purpose flour is not as healthy, but will do.

Using two knives, cut salmon (as you would cut fat into flour) until it is finely chopped.
    Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium.
    Add Brewers yeast and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
    Add salmon to skillet, and cook well, crumbling it as you would ground beef.
    When fully cooked, add 1/4 C water, and bring to boil, stirring constantly.
    Reduce heat. Add rice, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
    Remove from heat, and pour mixture into large mixing bowl.
    Beat on low with electric mixer until mixture is well mixed and ground together.
    Add eggs to mixture, placing shells and kale in a separate bowl.
    Grind shells & greens as fine as possible (powdered), add to mixture, and beat well.
    Add carrot, wheat germ, yeast, and 1/2 Cup Flour. Beat thoroughly.
    Add enough flour to make a stiff dough. Shape into bite-size pieces.
    Bake at 350 for 20-45 minutes, depending on size of pieces.
    Turn oven down to 200 and bake another hour. Cool.
    Store in air-tight container

Yup, I'm a big fan of homecooked meals for dogs lol. These two are my favourite. I'll get some ratty ones now.
    I've been BOO'd!

This is my own RAT recipe that I made myself

1 cup whole wheat or soy flour
    1 cup vegetables
    1/3 cup oatmeal
    1 egg
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 cup water
    1 tsp nutmeg

Preheat the oven at 375 degrees. Put dry ingredients and egg in a bowl and mix well. Take wet ingredients and egg shell and put it in the blender. Blend well. Mix it all together. Knead it into a dough (it will be very sticky so keep adding flour). When it's done being kneaded, cut it into shapes and put it in the oven on a tray. Leave for half an hour or until hard. (Put toothpick in it and check if bits come off on it). Then put in a container and freeze! Give them to your ratties regulary or on a hot day. (mine get one a day, they are pretty healthy and they LOVE them).

PS they are supposed to smell bad. LOL
    Last edited by wolfsoul; 07-31-2003 at 01:37 AM.
    I've been BOO'd!

more more more

PAVLOVA

Has anyone a recipe for homemade Cat food then?

Back to Human food and sweet tooths, here is a traditional Kiwi dessert PAVLOVA.

6 Egg Whites

quarter tsp cream of tartar

1 cup plus 2 tablespoons caster sugar (fine sugar)

1 tsp cornflour

2 tsp vinegar (white)

1 tsp vanilla essence

METHOD

Place the egg whites and cream of tartar in a bowl and beat until they form a dense white foam and stiff peaks but not too dry.

Sift the caster sugar and cornflour on top of the egg whites and pour the vinegar and vanilla down the side of the bowl.

Use a slow speed to incorporate the two ingredients together.

DONOT over beat or OVER-MIX.

Use a spoon to fold them in , if you donot have a beater.

Spread the mixure onto baking paper lined tray to about an 18cm circle.

Place in pre-heated oven 220degrees c on the middle shelf in oven and immediately turn down to 120 degrees c.

Cook for one and a half hours, then turn the oven off and allow pavlova to cool completely before removing.

NB: The centre will crack and drop, leaving a perfect hollow for filling with whipped cream and fruit fillings.

Do try it, you will be pleasantly suprised,WARNING it is very sweet , kinda marshmallow inside with crispy meringue texture outside. ENJOY.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Wow, I've read a lot of books where people ate Palovas for dessert and I kind of imagined it was something like that. Thrilled to have the recipe now!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Dog Biscuit Recipes!!!

1/2 cup milk
    1 egg
    2 spoons of penutbutter
    a dash of water
    1 1/4 cup flour

Mix the egg, peanutbutter, water, and the milk in to a large bowl.
    Then pour the flour and salt in.
    Stirr well and heat the oven to 350'F. ENJOY!

3 jars baby food -- (2 1/2 oz. each), 1/4 cup Dry milk, powder 1/4 cup Wheat germ, (cream of wheat can be substituted for wheat germ), Combine ingredients in bowl and mix well. Roll into small balls and place on well-greased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with a fork. Bake in preheated 350F. oven for 15 minutes until brown. Cool on wire racks and STORE IN REFRIGERATOR. Also freezes well. *Variation: substitute cream of wheat for wheat germ and then used tablespoon to make cookie sized drops on plate. Microwave for 4 minutes on Medium-High. Suggest keeping an eye on them in microwave and perhaps start out for only 3 1/2 minutes. They do come out soft. Tester's note: Definitely something to howl about! Cookies are soft and chewy (good for older pets who have lost a few teeth). And they can be whipped up in no time.

1/2 cup grated cheese, room temperature
    3 tbsp. veg. oil
    3 tsp. applesauce
    1/2 cup cooked veggies (whatever kind you prefer)
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    non-fat milk

Mix cheese, oil and applesauce together. Add veggies, and flour. Combine thoroughly. Add just enough milk to help form a ball. Cover and chill for one hour. Roll onto a floured surface and cut into shapes. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
    Yield: 12 - 15 chews

Firstly take 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour Then you'll need 3 cups rolled oats 1/2 cup spring water A dab of olive oil two eggs and finally 1 1/2 cups broth. Now that you have all your ingredients, you combine them all together and cut into shapes before placing them in a 325 F oven to bake for 50 minutes. Your best friend is going to love 'em ! You can make various flavours by changing the broth you use.

1 egg, beaten
    1/3 cup applesauce
    1 cup cooked vegetables*, mashed or grated small
    1 cup cooked rice
    3/4 cup grated cheese
    1 tbsp. brewers yeast
    *Any desired veggies can be used, such as zucchini, peas, carrots,
    potatos, etc...

Mix all ingredients well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes, or until lightly browned and firm. Cool. Store in the fridge, or freeze.

5 cups brown Flour
    1/4 cup Peanuts -- chopped
    1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
    1 medium Egg
    1/4 cup Vegetable oil
    1 1/2 cups pureed Banana
    2 teaspoons Vanilla
    Water
    Preheat oven to 325F/160C. Mix dry, then wet ingredients until lumpy. Add water, one teaspoon at a time as needed. Knead by hand on table until mixed thoroughly. Form into logs approximately 2" - 2 1/2" high. Flatten so that log is 6" - 7" wide by 1" high. Place on non-stick baking sheets. Bake approximately 30 - 40 minutes. Remove and cool for 10 minutes. Slice into 1/2" - 3/4" slices. Place on baking sheets and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.

Tuna bicuits

1 cup yellow cornmeal
    1 cup oatmeal
    1/4 tsp. baking powder
    1 can tuna -- undrained
    1/3 cup water
    Grind oatmeal in processor til a coarse flour, put in a bowl. to processor add tuna with the oil, and water , process til pureed, add all the rest of ingredient. Pulse til mixture forms a ball, Pulse to knead for 2-3 minutes. Turn out to floured board , knead if needed to soft dough. Roll out to a 1/8"-1/4" thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet , at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.

I have like a million more...And I have even more homemade dog meal recipes. Tell me if you want more.

Carol, I dont have any cat recipes. But I'll try and find some for you!
    I've been BOO'd!

Kewl, I hope you try and make it, be warned there is a bit of a knack to making them, took me years to get the perfect Pav, I was alway's the one who had to make it for xmas dinner, now I rarely make them, so outta practice.

Pavlova is not that high in calories itself, no fat, but quite a bit of sugar, but it is the yummie cream on top that adds the calories, sigh.

Do give it a go and let me know how it works out and if you liked it?

Getting the peaks to the right stiffness is the magic tip, to a successful pav.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Carole -- Go here for some cat recipes They seem pretty good!
    I've been BOO'd!

Thank you, I am off to take a look cheers.
    Furangels only lent.

Originally posted by AmberLee
    Wow, I've read a lot of books where people ate Palovas for dessert and I kind of imagined it was something like that. Thrilled to have the recipe now!
    Ooh, did I hear pavlova??? I love pav, especially covered in whipped cream and topped with strawberries or kiwi fruit. Thanks for the recipe, Carole
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Your are very welcome, now let's put the challenge out there for my American friend's to give the recipe a try, and see if they like it.
    Furangels only lent.

Tomkatzid, here's a sticky date pudding recipe I found. I have a couple of Jill Dupleix cookbooks and everything has worked out well, so I hope this does too!
    ------------------------------------------------

Sticky Date Pudding

The Jill Dupleix Recipe of the week July 11 1995 at 5.40pm on the Doug Aiton Program

The famous, the one and only, the incredible sticky toffee pudding is a rich moist cake studded with sticky dates served hot in a glorious butterscotch sauce.

Ingredients

1 cup of dates (180g) pitted and chopped.

1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda.

1 cup boiling water.

2 tablespoons butter.

1 cup (150g) soft brown sugar.

2 eggs.

1 1/2 cups (180g) self-raising flour, sifted.

Toffee Sauce

1 cup (150g) soft brown sugar.

3/4 cup light whipping cream.

1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence.

2 tablespoons butter.

Method

Mix dates and bicarbonate of soda in a heat-proof bowl. Pour boiling water on top and leave to stand. Cream butter and sugar until pale, then add eggs one ata time, heating well after each addition.

Gently fold in sifted flour, stir in the date mixture, and pour into a lightly buttered 18cm or 7" square or round cake tin. Bake in a preheated oven (180 C)for 30-40 minutes, until an inserted skewer comes clean.

Combine sugar, cream, vanilla essence and butter in a saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring, and simmer for five minutes. Set aside until ready to serve, then quickly reheat when needed.

Cut pudding into squares and place each square in the centre of a warm dinner plate. Pour hot toffee sauce over each square and serve with fresh cream.

Serves Six.

Note: Traditionally, the sauce was poured over the cake and returned to the oven for the last five minutes of baking to get really sticky. I prefer this method, where sticky sauce meets steamy pudding on the plate.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Here's a recipe of my favourite spanish cookies. Yummy!

Panellets de Pinyones

Ingredients:

2 1/4 pounds of raw almonds ( 1 Kg )
    2 1/4 pounds of sugar
    1 box of instant mashed potatoes (dry)
    1 egg
    pine nuts

Mash the almonds. Put in a big bowl the mashed almonds, make a hole in the center and add the sugar to the hole. Prepare the mashed potatoes with 2 glasses of almost boiling water and the contents of the box. Pour it (very hot to mix easily ) on top of the sugar and mix everything together until you get a compact paste. Let it rest until the paste is cold. Form the paste into little balls (about 1 inch diameter), soak them with beaten egg, roll them in the pine nuts until covered. Bake at 375 F, 8-10 minutes. You can change the flavors, adding to the paste shredded coconut, instant coffee, cocoa...

The picture didn't work, but you can see a picture here: http://www.pasioncondal.com/recipes/panellets.htm
    Last edited by Randi; 10-23-2003 at 09:33 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh, thank god! I was sitting here at the computer last night thinking about how good it would be to start a recipe thread. I love collecting recipes, I go to the food channel website and look for recipes and copy and paste and keep them in a folder, I got the one that Emeril had where he went to a school, and cooked the " kicked up mac and cheese" and I made it, and I love it, it was so good. Anyway I love this thread almost as much I love the animal threads, and I really love this thread, lets don't let it die, I would post the one I was talking about, but do you think I would get in trouble for it?
    To have this, since i was thinking about this last night, is my dream come true.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!