Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipe Thread

I would like to read that asparagus recipe too!!!

This banana bread is on its way for being Germany's top banana bread recipe. I made it for a party last saturday and the host called me next day and wanted the recipe. Many of my co-workers asked for it too after I brought one to the office.
    Only Filou does not want the recipe-he just takes the bread.

Uncle Mac would be tickled pink! His banana braed recipe has gone global! And all his kitties, now being spoiled in heaven, I'm sure send Filou greetings as well!

Originally posted by gini
    Pauline, I think that Miss Meow is moving this week into her new home.

Just in case, so if you don't get her reply immediately.

You were missed at the BBQ. Please plan on next year.
    Thanks for remembering We are all moved, but not unpacked.

I think I saw a box with cookbooks and this will be a good incentive to open it ... And also an incentive to start the vege garden and plant some asparagus
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM asparagus...

Just remember to cook it till its soft. Hard ones are like eating mini trees, & the end result is not plesent.

frying asparagus left overs is great!!! & then u grate up a bit of real cheese & double yummmmmmm

I am a sweet tooth..........

Try this:

THE CARLTON HOTEL MALTESERS CHEESECAKE.

1 pkt plain or malt biscuits

70grams butter

3 egg yolks

25 grms castor sugar

250grms cream cheese

160mls milk

1 tablespoon gelatine powder

1 tablespoon cold water

330 ml cream

200 grm pack of Maltesers.

100 grms white chocolate.

METHOD:

Line a 20cm springform cake tin with grease-proof paper.

Melt butter and add crushed biscuits.

Press into bottom of tin and chill.

Place yolks into mixing bowl,with sugar and whisk until light and fluffy

In separate bowl , beat cream cheese,until smooth and add gradually to egg mixture,beating until smooth

Sprinkle gelatine over cold water, and stand in hot water until dissolved.

Heat milk until hot (not boiling point) add gelatine and pour into egg mixture.

Add melted chocolate, and fold in lightly whipped cream and 100 grms maltesers.

Pour into cake tin and place in refrigerator to set.

Decorate with remaining maltesers and chocolate curls.

ENJOY.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

something a little savoury

POTATO PANCAKES

1 cup grated carrot

1 cup grated white potato

1 cup grated sweet potato

2 tablespoons grated onion

quarter cup chopped parsley

pinch nutmeg

4 beaten eggs

third cup of flour

1 tsp salt

fresh black pepper

Juice of half a lemon

optional grushed garlic

Place grated white and sweet potato in colander or strainer over a bowl.

salt lightly and let stand for 15 mins.

Rinse and squeeze out well to get rid of all the extra water.
    (can be used for soup stock)

Combine all ingredients together and mix well.

Fry in butter in heavy skillet or pan until golden brown.

serve immediately,topped with yoghurt or sour cream and chopped chives (this is optional )

PREPARATION TIME-around 30 mins. 4-6 servings.

I have made these a lot , we really enjoy them.
    Cheers and happy cooking.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

one more for the chocoholics..........

NO FAIL CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE

125 grms butter

100 grms dark cooking chocolate

2 cups brown sugar

3 eggs

half a teaspoon vanilla essence

2 and half cups of flour

2 tsp baking soda

1 cup sour cream

half a cup boiling water

icing sugar to dust

a light and not too rich cake

METHOD

Place butter and chocolate in large bowl, melt by placing over hot water or in the microwave.

Add brown sugar, eggs , vanilla essence.

Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth and thick.

Sift flour and baking soda, Stir in the sifted mixture and sour cream with a holed spoon until combined.

Carefully stir in the boiling water and stir until just mixed in.

Pour into a well greased and floured 22cm ring tin.

Bake at 160c for 50-60 mins or until cooked and firm to touch.

Cool 5 minutes and turn onto a cake rack to cool.

Serve dusted with icing sugar or drizzle with chocolate icing.

I am sorry I do not know how to convert the grms etc or celsius temps for my American friends, but I am sure there is something on the net that can do that. Cheers.
    Furangels only lent.

one more for the kiddies.......and big kiddies

BOBBY'S PEANUT AND CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1 cup caster sugar (this is fine sugar)

1 egg

125 grms butter, softened.

1 cup self-raising flour

half a cup chopped peanuts

half a cup chocolate chips

1 cup rolled oats

1 cup kornflakes

Put the sugar and egg into a food processor, and process 2 mins until much lighter in colour.

Add the softened butter and process a further 2 mins until well combined.

Sprinke the flour evenly over the top of the creamed mixture.

on top of the flour put the peanuts and chocolate chips, rolled oats and cornflakes.

Pulse only until the ingredients are mixed.

Place tablespoons of the mixture onto a greased baking tray.

Bake at 180c for 15 minutes or until the biscuits have browned.

Cool on cake rack. Store in airtight container.

Makes 30

Note : if you do not have a processor, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add egg and beat well.

Hope someone enjoys these.
    Furangels only lent.

Carole, it is 10 PM here in Los Angeles, still Wednesday evening, but you are making me so hungry. I already had dinner.

The potatoes sound great, but the chocolate cake is really getting to me...........

Thanks, I will have to try them.

Also, I think Joy of Cooking has the conversion table in the front (or back) which should make it easy to convert.

Yes Gini i am making my own mouth water, its only 5pm here in nz, and I have not started Dinner yet, better get off here and get in that kitchen. Cheers.

Furangels only lent.

Gini did you try PAVLOVA here when you visited, I guess you can buy it in the states anyhow, kinda traditional kiwi dessert, especially used at xmas time.
    Furangels only lent.

Go to my site for Converting measurments

http://jess.iahu.ca/modules.php?op=m...rder=0&thold=0

I have tones or recipes on my site, lots I found in this thread.

I only have dog and rat recipes lmao
    I've been BOO'd!

Post those too!!
    just make sure u say their for rats or dogs