Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Myndi-UPDATE-9/17-Friday-#119

Great news for Myndi. Keep on keeping on little lady.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Excellent news, Ellie! My RB Charmin took aspirin w/Maalox mixed in, Ascriptin it was called, but she had a cast iron stomach that one. She lived to be 18 1/2 and it looks like your Myndi is going to be an old gal like my Charmy. Atta girl! I know how relieved you must be, El. You can breathe now.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

OH MY GOSH! Doing the happy dance here for all of you as well! WOO HOO!!!! He hee, what a relief I can't imagine how YOU feel!!!!

You said so back to the old routine, but I suspect the aspirin will be eliminated or cut back.

This is wonderful news. Thanks for keeping us updated about her.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

You said so back to the old routine, but I suspect the aspirin will be eliminated or cut back.
    Absolutely no more aspirin for this girl. If only one or two per day did such a number on her, then obviously she can't tolerate them. I'll get some of the buffered that are made for dogs, just to have around in case she needs any.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Re my earlier post - RB Louie says to tell you "I TOLD YOU SO"!
    Really glad to hear Myndi has bounced back and is doing so well. Keep it up Myndi, Louie hasn't figured out where everything is yet so isn't ready to show you round.

YAY YAY YAY!!!!! That's great news, Ellie!!! I'm also doing a happy dance!!!
    I've given Delilah baby aspirin before and it didn't do anything. The last time I gave her one she got sick. I know I already told you all this but I had to mention it again. Now we've both eliminated the aspirin for good!!
    Hugs to all of you. Great job Mom!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Yay, Myndi! *kiss* for Myndi and *kiss* for Sparky
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sorry I'm just seeing this now Ellie. Been busy all weekend with the family, they left this morning, hot yesterday and today - 98 and 99 , now I know how you feel when you're living through that.

Great news for the fuzzbutt, glad to see she's such a fighter. Hope she won't be giving you any more scares for a long time. Praying that she'll keep on the healthy path .
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Well - I just knew that things were going too smoothly, and now we've hit a bump in the road. Hopefully, new meds will do the trick.

Okay - back to the start. Tuesday night she barfed up her supper, but I didn't give it too much thought. I was thinking that the heat was bothering her, since Sparky is off his feed too. Then sometime during the night, the diarrhea hit her - big time - and all over my carpet in the bedroom. So at about 3 a.m. I was on my hands and knees, scrubbing carpet! Yuk. I took her outside and she didn't do any more, so we went back to bed. Woke up at about 5 or 6 a.m., to more of the same. This isn't fun!

So I was up for the day, and I fixed her breakfast, and she wouldn't eat, so now I'm getting somewhat more concerned. The mess continued, and she was having to go out constantly. She ate a little around noon, and then ate her regular supper, but the diarrhea continues, just in little spotty amounts, but messy none the less. She was back to eating, but not as much as usual.

Yesterday I called her vet, who of course isn't in on Thursday, but the tech said to bring her in first thing this morning. I managed to scrape up enough of the runny mess to take in for doc to check. No blood in it - that's good - but a lot of mucous. So now it looks like inflammatory bowel disease and we're going with treatment for that. Of course, can't rule out the big "C", but not looking like that right now. So she had an injection of Reglan and a B-complex vitamin shot, and is on Flagyl for 10 days. She is also back on the Sucralfate and for 30 days this time. Doc said I should see improvement by the end of the weekend, and I have to check back in with her on Tuesday.

I had to get a pill shooter, since doc said the Flagyl is very bitter to the taste, and she probably wouldn't eat her food if I put it in there. Hopefully I can pry those jaws open without too much of a battle like last time.

So hopefully all this will calm her insides down - I've gone thru a bottle of carpet shampoo, and will need to take the shampooer to my bedroom carpet once this is over with. Last night, I tried putting her in the kitchen, since it's a lot easier to clean up linoleum than carpet, and she barked non-stop. I couldn't have her keeping the rest of the family awake, so I had to let her out. The only small space I could put her, was in my bathroom, but that's carpeted too, thanks to my ex's brain storm. So I dug out some old sheets that I've been going to toss out, and covered the bathroom floor, and put her in there with the gate at the door. That seemed to satisfy her since she could still see me, and hear my t.v. which I leave on all night, and she quieted right down. This a.m., the sheets were quite a mess, but it saved the carpet, and the sheets got tossed in the washer in preparation for tonight! Hopefully she will be doing better soon. She's still active and alert - just messy!

So that's the latest. I was hoping I could post a good update, but Myn had other thoughts.

So if I could impose on you all again for some PT prayers and good vibes for my little girl, we would sure appreciate it. They worked wonders last time.....

Many, many, many, many thanks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that, Ellie. Let's try and look at it as a bump in the road and not let that "other" subject enter our minds. In the meantime, you know that mega prayers are headed Myndi's way (and yours) from Mary and the Fur Posse. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post

So if I could impose on you all again for some PT prayers and good vibes for my little girl, we would sure appreciate it. They worked wonders last time.....

Many, many, many, many thanks!
    Absolutely - prayers headed East for all of you. Hoping those meds work quickly for Myndi

I'm so sorry to hear the latest news. Myndi will remain in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Wow, that is a bump in the road Ellie. Let's just hope her tummy got irritated by something and she'll settle down by the weekend. So sorry to read that, almost feel guilty about the good news I got for my wee one yesterday.
    Keeping the prayers going and keeping fingers crossed for both of you. Today being Friday she should be showing signs of improvement by Sunday I hope. We won't even think of the big "C". Isn't Sunday the new moon--I'm sure good luck will come with it.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Myndi, sorry your tummy is all upset again. that is no fun, I am sure you are feeling a bit low from all this.

Momma is ON THE JOB and the white coats have supplied some help. Just take your meds, promise you WILL feel better sweet one.