Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Myndi-UPDATE-9/17-Friday-#119

Cute pictures. I'm so glad to hear that she's doing so well. I hope she'll continue to be happy and healthy for a long time.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Thank you all for the nice comments and continued well wishes. I can't begin to tell you how much they mean to us.

She did exceptionally well yesterday, and maybe even over-did it somewhat, since she isn't quite so spunky so far this a.m. I think that maybe this oppressive heat is playing a part in it - it was already over 80 outside at 6 a.m., and even tho we have central a.c., the unit is 20 years old and not working as efficiently as it once did, but it sure beats no a.c. at all. Even Sparky didn't eat his supper last night. She didn't want to be outside at all this a.m., and didn't eat all of her breakfast and hasn't had anything to "say" so far. She's been walking around some and acting like she wants something - just don't know what. Maybe she's ready to finish that breakfast now??????????

So I'll just keep a little closer watch on her today (without hovering too much ). She's under the desk at my feet, giving herself a little cat bath - washing her legs and feet. Miss Prettiness (another pet name) must keep up appearances, don't ya' know???

So please keep those PT prayers coming her way, since she still definitely needs them.

Thanks Friends.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Oh wow Pomtzu, i have just seen this, I am glad to hear that Myndi is doing so much better, I know when they fight the meds means they are feeling better, I hope you have gotten some well deserved rest and eaten a nice meal or two, I will keep Myndi and yourself in my thoughts, hugs from myself and the P.O.D.crew

~thank you Krista for my siggy~
    www.k9bsl.com

Still wishing, hoping and praying that all is well, Ellie. Get Well Myndi!!!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

She continues to do well, considering how close to death she seemed a week ago. Appetite remains fantastic, energy level is lots better, not much wobble, if any, to her walk, barking with regularity once more, interacting with people and wanting to be the center of attention, etc.

However, I did notice one thing that has me concerned somewhat. Her vet put her on one week only of the med for her tummy, and she took the last of it Friday. Yesterday I noticed her poop was darker again, tho not black. I need to see what it looks like today when she can produce for me again. I'm going to call the vet first thing in the a.m. tomorrow and see what she thinks - if she should still be taking more of it, or what. It doesn't seem to me that only a week's worth would allow any kind of bleed to heal, but then, I'm not the doctor either. Just talking from my own human experience on this one. She has a couple more days of the antibiotic, and stays on the Hi-Vite drops for who knows how long - quite a while I would imagine.

Myndi goes back this coming Friday for more bloodwork and a weigh-in, so that will give a better picture of where she stands. Those #'s have to come up. She feels like she has gained a little and I'm resisting the temptation to weigh her on my scales, since for accuracy, she should be weighed on the same scale as before. I still remain cautiously optimistic and fully realize that anything could happen at any time. I'm just thankful for every day that she remains with me.

So keep those prayers coming please - they're working wonders so far.

I'll update again when I know more.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Pomtzu - I will await the results from the vet visit for Myndi. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts.

www.k9bsl.com

Quick update - poop looks normal.

I'm thinking maybe it's just dark from the liver and iron overload. She's starting to lose her taste for the fresh liver that has always been a favorite - but too much of a good thing maybe? She's still getting a lot in the Hi-Vite drops. Now she wants fresh cooked chicken. I try to shred it and mix it with her canned food, but she would prefer chicken with a little dog food mixed in. Does she get it? Guess........
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

I bet she does!

I'm glad to hear things are improving. This is wonderful! She's eating, poop is looking good. Way to go!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

OF COURSE!!!!! What baby wants baby gets.

Keep on feeling better Myndi Girl!!! You're making us all happy!!! YAY!!! Hi Sparky!! More hugs for Mom.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

(steals lyric from "Damn Yankees")

Whatever Myndi wants, Myndi gets!

Yay, Myndi! Big hugs for you and Sparky!!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Of course Myndi gets what she wants - and THAT has nothing to do with her being under the weather, lol! That is just being a PT pet is all ha haaa.

Keep up the good work.

Do you have a set amount of the liver she has to eat? I would think even liver would get "old" after a while (it's a treat I buy out at a restaurant for myself a few times per year). If you can, cut back on it a bit? Maybe just mid day treat or something? So it is about 24 hours apart. Dunno what the doc had prescribed on that one.

Sparky, we love you too dear, and I know I think of you daily with all this happening around you. I am sending hugs and belly rubs to BOTH of you!

Oh I am happy to hear this, keep getting better Myndi and I think she got hr food as well. Hugs to you all

www.k9bsl.com

Today was Myndi's recheck at the vet to see if there was any progress. The news couldn't have been better - it was almost unbelievable! I'm doing the happy dance, and calling my little girl - "Miracle Myndi", and grinning like a Chessie Cat. Two weeks ago today, she was at death's door, and I really didn't believe that she would live long enough to keep today's appointment. When I told doc this, she said she kind of thought the same thing, considering her age and how sick she was. She credited me with catching the signs and symptoms, and getting her in, in the nick of time. I just had a gut feeling that it was a bleeding ulcer brought on by the aspirin, and appears that's exactly what it was.

The #'s that needed to come up, came up in a big way in only 2 weeks:
    Hematocrit was 13 (a very critical level), and today it was 37 (just within normal range).
    Her weight was 8.8 lbs, and today it was 10.10 which is perfect for her.

I can still hardly believe that she came roaring back so quickly. So she got a clean bill of health and can go back to her normal routine. Doc wants her to stay on the Hi-Vite supplement for another 6 weeks, and I can cut her food back to twice a day, since too much is not good for her heart (murmur) or her bad knees.

Thank you all for the prayers and support that saw her thru this ordeal. I have no doubt that they helped immensely, and she's sending out thank you doggie kisses to all. Of course, I'm sending out my sincerest heartfelt thanks too.

So with all that being said, and Myndi back to her almost normal self, I guess we can close the book on this chapter, at least. I'll update from time to time. BTW - I'm sure Sparky will be elated that his life too, can now return to a more normal routine!

She heard that there would be lots of fireworks everywhere this weekend in celebration of this accomplishment!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Yay! Such good news for your little girl!
    I've Been Frosted

Yay, Myndi!! So glad!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!