Thread: Why Do Bostons??

Why Do Bostons??

I don't see too many people talking about the Boston Terrier on this board, but you still maybe able to help me out with this question.
    Why do they cost soo much??
    I live in Canada and they range from $850.00 to $1500.00.

Does anyone know??

------------------
    ~Boston Terrier's Rule~

I come from a Boston Terrier family. In fact, my mom just got the newest Boston in December. His name is Mr. Darcy and he is a precious, energetic little dog. He is a compact little fellow, and has a good bit of brindle in his coat. He is very handsome and loves my dad to death.
    I don't think they cost nearly that much here, but I have forwarded your message to Mom for some input.
    I know that the English Bulldog runs in excess of $1,000 because of breeding problems. But I have no idea why a Boston would be so expensive. Maybe its because there are a lack of Breeders.
    Tell us more about your dog.

My friend has a Boston Terrier. Cody is so cute. He's a rather small Boston Terrier. Especially for a male, he's probably only 10 pounds. But he's so cute! And, he's the only one I know.

My cousin/neighbor has an old Boston Terrier named Chelsea. She's cute, although my uncle calls her Yoda, and I must admit she does rather look like him. She is a bit antisocial, and was only adopted by my cousin after her very sick master died. She had been allowed to pee everywhere and still has a training problem, but they love her. She's a good little companion dog, but she does make some strange snorting sounds!

I think they are so expensive because, like the english bulldog, has a rather large head for its size, so it is rather hard to breed. The actual mating process is not as complicated, but the birthing process can be rather difficult. That is probably why they are so expensive.

------------------
    *Get a Grip Get an Aussie*

Don't you hate it when know one talks about YOUR favorite breed! LOL I love Boston Terrier's and wish you lots of luck with your search. If anyone has good advice to pass along, it's Logan (or Logan' Mom!) Welcome to the "club," and keep us informed! Sandra