Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not The Best Annual Exams For My Twins:Bad Update Post #18

So glad to hear they're doing better!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Last night he was crying and up and down for several hours. It was like he couldn't get comfortable or just couldn't sleep. Hopefully things will go better tonight. Then Pearl was up extra early and howling in my bathroom so I didn't get a very good nights sleep. Sometimes it feels like have small children and not just cats.
    OMG ours have been a real PITA all week, Tim & I are going on NO sleep this past week, I don't know what got into them, but it was like they took turns keeping us up all week

whatever it was I sure hope they have gotten it out of their system!!

My (RB) Lucky had a weight issue, we had to watch his diet all the time....seems he would just look at food and gain!!

Yoshi is our little piggy, but it must of been all the 'junk' food he ate when he was a baby, ok..........so he got a taste of almost everything I ate back then, I know, I know....my bad
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

Well I spoke too soon. Tonight Sky had a major attack which lasted at least 1minute or more. I gave him his pill a little after 10pm and then Pearl startled him around 11:15-11:30pm or so and he started a big coughing/sneezing fit. He also sounds extra congested today. I e-mailed my vet earlier letting her know how good he's been doing. Now I just e-mailed her again letting her know about his major attack tonight. I don't want to have to put him on pred too but it looks like this may have to happen. Please keep Sky in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks.

Oh I'm sorry! I hope it was just a one time thing. Please keep us updated and try not to worry too much.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Prayers for little Sky that you will be over this and feeling better soon.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

For some reasons I thought I had already answered this thread which I haven't
    I am sending bets wishes to both of them and some extra special ones to Sky- to get better real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Oh I'm sorry! I hope it was just a one time thing. Please keep us updated and try not to worry too much.
    Well unfortunately it hasn't been. He had another small attack this morning. He also threw up all of his breakfast. I finally realized that he must be allergic to lamb because when he does throw up lately it's always after eating lamb so no more lamb for Sky.

I gave him a pepcid and it has seemed to help soothe his tummy. I fed him a little dry food around 11:15am and so far so good. I fed him some Nature's Variety Instinct duck which is supposed to be great for cats with sensitive stomachs or allergies. He loved it and wanted more but I don't want him to eat too much too soon. Now he's hiding under my bed so I still think he's not feeling very well. I still haven't received an e-mail response back from my vet yet. I hope he'll feel better by tomorrow. He's still so stuffy and congested though.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and concerns.

My prayers continue for both of your sweeties along with some gentle feel better soon lovies

Please keep us updated on their progress?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    My prayers continue for both of your sweeties along with some gentle feel better soon lovies

Please keep us updated on their progress?
    Thanks so much. My vet finally e-mailed me back and I'm to start giving Sky 5mg of pred for the next 14 days and then we'll taper off. He'll also still be on his asthma med too. I sure hope that this works well for him without terrible side effects.

I'm so sorry Sky had this little set back. I hope he's feeling better soon.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I sure hope Sky feels better very soon. I know it is scary to give pred. My son had to be on it in high school due to some allergies (scary hives, huge!) he got when he played baseball on the school's field. Be careful tapering him off, that can be tricky, as I'm sure you well know. Give all of you babies loves from me.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Thanks Cindy and katladyd. Sky ate well this morning without any more problems and he's back to his old self again. So far no more asthma attacks either.

Yay, Storm! Keep it up, sweet kitty boy! gentle *kiss*
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Yay, Storm! Keep it up, sweet kitty boy! gentle *kiss*
    LOL I think you mean Sky. Thanks Elyse.

Sorry I'm late into this Tracey - but I hope he feels better!
    **hugs**
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..