Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Paizly Problem is over, sorta! #66 pix too!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonandBean View Post
    And then, there was Bean's hissy fit when we got Sunny! You have to read this; it will make you laugh; and of course, I got great advice!!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=144136
    LOL, that's a great story!! The part about YOU being the one that should be drugged at night had me laughing! As a matter of fact, I have found an alcoholic beverage that I have taken a liking to. I've had it two nights this weekend. It just might do the trick. Oh, btw, I do not drink!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Slowly, slowly, and slowly. Slow this all the way down. Tell Bruce he runs the risk of ruining this introduction forever, if he can't slow it down. Your allegiance needs to be with your house kitty, not the kitten. The kitten will adapt.

Also- cats read us like books. Please calm yourself down, you are distressing your Paizly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Slowly, slowly, and slowly. Slow this all the way down. Tell Bruce he runs the risk of ruining this introduction forever, if he can't slow it down. Your allegiance needs to be with your house kitty, not the kitten. The kitten will adapt.

Also- cats read us like books. Please calm yourself down, you are distressing your Paizly.

Actually Bruce is the one telling me it will all be okay. I just want to make sure he knows not to reprimand Paizly or intervene when she is hissing. I told him today on the phone and he understood.
    I know I need to remain calm. It is becoming easier. At first I was just so upset for upsetting her. But I know she will come around. And I am making double sure that we spend our quality time with her. Thanks Cataholic.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

This reminds me of when I first became a multi-cat household. Way back then, I only had one cat called Lucy Jane. She looked lots like Grandma does today.

Then baby Leroy showed up outside my kitchen window. He decided he wanted to live with us. I said no. So, he would run around and around the outside of the house, all night long, yelling as loud as he could. After a few days of that, I gave in and brought him inside.

Lucy Jane, was not impressed at all!!! She didn't hiss at him, she hissed at ME!!! It was like: You did this! It's all your fault. Make him go away!!!

She was in a snit for weeks but finally got used to him. (and stopped hissing at me. until I brought Leonardo in of course)
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    This reminds me of when I first became a multi-cat household. Way back then, I only had one cat called Lucy Jane. She looked lots like Grandma does today.

Then baby Leroy showed up outside my kitchen window. He decided he wanted to live with us. I said no. So, he would run around and around the outside of the house, all night long, yelling as loud as he could. After a few days of that, I gave in and brought him inside.

Lucy Jane, was not impressed at all!!! She didn't hiss at him, she hissed at ME!!! It was like: You did this! It's all your fault. Make him go away!!!

She was in a snit for weeks but finally got used to him. (and stopped hissing at me. until I brought Leonardo in of course)
    How old was Lucy Jane and Leroy when you brought Leroy in?
    Thanks for the story.

I made Mr Jax an appointment for the vets tomorrow night. He needs one of his shots and just the introductory visit at my vet.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    How old was Lucy Jane and Leroy when you brought Leroy in?
    Thanks for the story.

I made Mr Jax an appointment for the vets tomorrow night. He needs one of his shots and just the introductory visit at my vet.
    Lucy was 7 or 8 and Leroy was just a baby sprout, maybe 3 or 4 months old.

Good luck at the vets tomorrow with Mr Jax.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

can u put under Paizly´s food dish a mat that has been used by Jax (slept on, etc).. so she associates good things= food.. to Jax´s smell?...

just a thought..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    can u put under Paizly´s food dish a mat that has been used by Jax (slept on, etc).. so she associates good things= food.. to Jax´s smell?...

just a thought..
    That's another good idea. Thanks Isabel.

Another question: How often should I reapply Feliway to Paizly's collar?

My fave new saying....

This too shall pass Jax will adjust and Ms Paz will too. You should know it takes girls a bit longer. It's all about Ms P until she gets the heck over it and moves on with her life. LOL. Hang tough!
    Calvin & Claudia

Just a suggestion

We actually had to use 2 baby gates on our bedroom door with the Nikki introduction.... We would open the door for about 30minutes sitting with them to encourage them to investigate each other and reward with positive behavior when they would get really worked up that was it for the night...It took around 15days. Just to be safe we would also remove Nikki from the room yet leave her food, bedding and litter box (she was checked by the vet first) for the others to investigate for about an hour a day for about 15 days just so they didn't have a threat of actually seeing her. It seemed to go ok? Nikki and Squeek still don't get a long we just hope that eventually the two of them will work their differences out or get tired from old age and just let it go...The vet said they might never get along... We just moderate the fighting... But you will see one day it will all just work itself out. They are funny little creatures... But I totally understand the position you are in right now...You wonder if you made the right decition... You did!! Just give them a bit to work it all out... They will be good before you know it. Good Luck!

*I've been Boo'd*

LOL, Claudia that is good!!

Heidi, we do have two baby gates. He hasn't mastered clearing both of them...yet. Paizly did early on when she was a kitten. Right now I only have one up but the dogs are in the hallway so he's not attempting to climb it. He's laying by the gate watching the dogs.

Yes, I guess if I can't get cuddling kitties I would just ask that they tolerate each other. That's good enough for me.

I know I keep saying the same thing, but this is breaking my heart. I want to cuddle and love on Paizly but she smells Jax on me and then hisses and runs away from me. I try to approach her for a pet and either she gets up and leaves or lets me get a few strokes then leaves.
    I know it takes time and trust me, I'm not giving up. It's just so sad.

I didn't even get to do the towel scent transfer tonight because she hardly let me near her. I will have to try again another day.

Another question: How often should I reapply Feliway to Paizly's collar?
    I've never done this before but I think that Catty1 was doing it 2 times a day. You may want to pm her about it.

I know I keep saying the same thing, but this is breaking my heart. I want to cuddle and love on Paizly but she smells Jax on me and then hisses and runs away from me. I try to approach her for a pet and either she gets up and leaves or lets me get a few strokes then leaves.
    I know it takes time and trust me, I'm not giving up. It's just so sad.

I didn't even get to do the towel scent transfer tonight because she hardly let me near her. I will have to try again another day.
    Just try to relax and give it more time. She's mad at you for bringing in this new addition but I know in time she'll forgive you and curiosity will get the best of her. She'll then start playing with Jax and you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

try bribing her with her fave treats.. or tuna.. so she stays longer.. the longer she stays the more treats she gets... that way you can pet her and to the scent thing...
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365