Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Jack is Gone.

Our Jack is Gone.

Our Jackie boy died this afternoon. We "rescued" him in 2003 when he was 5 years old. We had 7 great years with our gentle boy. We will miss him very much! I will write more later - I'm just too tired tonight.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Bet those were the BEST years or him as well.

RIP Jack, you were much loved and will be missed. Romp and play at the Bridge, good boy!

Hugs to you and your family. I am very sorry for your loss.

Oh no, I am so sorry.

RIP Jack
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am so very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rest in peace, gentleman Jack. I am sure the love and affection you experienced with your family outweighed any previous unhappiness. You have left big pawprints on many, many hearts.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm very sorry. Play hard at the Bridge Jack. My thoughts will be with your family.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Rest in Peace Jack I hope you're having a big celebration right now at the bridge. Play hard.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I'm so sorry to hear this. RIP sweet Jack. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Unhappy You'll be *missed*, Jack

Big {{{Hugs}}}, Mom.

He sure knew he was Loved by one and all.

Play Hard at the Rainbow Bridge, Jack.
    And save us all a spot - we'll be along to join you in due time.

I'm so sorry - Please accept my sympathy.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I am so sorry. RIP Jack .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Dear Diana,Carl and Family,
    I am So Sorry to read this....I remember the day that you Rescued Sweet Jack....As He gave You 7 Years of Love...He received the same many times over...As was referred to earlier...Jack left some Huge Paw Prints on your Heart!!
    Jack will always be Loved,and will be Terribly Missed....
    Hobo is waiting for him at The Rainbow Bridge...He will show him around,let him know where all the Tennis Balls and Treats are located...
    You and your Family are in our thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.
    "Good Boy,Jack"

Godspeed Sweet Jack
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Jack was such a special dog. Who knows what he went through those first 5 or 6 years of his life, but we know it was tough...then he got rescued by the best parents ever. (And I know cause they are mine!) Then he got to live the life he deserved...after all, being An Airedale he was "King of th Terriers"

When he was rescued, his teeth were worn to nubs and when he started having health problems 2 years ago, it was discovered he had buckshot in his leg.

What a happy boy was. Loved to play tennis ball, but he favortie thing was just to be petted. He loved to have his ears rubbed and would insist that you did.

Two years ago, his health started failing. X-rays showed his kidneys were full of masses. Maybe cancer, maybe not. He had a hard time with the anastesia, so we knew any long surgery was extra risky and it was decided we would rather have him with a good quality of life for whatver time was left. And boy did he show us, surprising the vets living over 2 more years! Sure, he wasn't always the most coordinatined...some days getting up and down was a challenge. He didn't always remeber which side of the doors he was on (in or out) before he pottied. But as long as he still got an ear rub and raw hide to chew on, he sure has heck wasn't going to give up the royal life he found!

We may have only had 7 years with Jack, but he showed us all why animals are the best. So innocent and loving, despite everything he went through early on. Sleep well, boy. You've earned it.
    Last edited by Cincy'sMom; 06-12-2010 at 10:24 AM.

So sorry for your loss...

Oh no!!! Out of all the dogs at the dog park gatherings, Jack was my all time favorite. We had airedales when I was a kid, so Jack held a special place in my heart.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Donna and fur crew

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!