Thread: My time in Wales with the horses.

My time in Wales with the horses.

Hey everyone! So I spent six weeks this year at a riding school just outside of Cardiff, Wales this year. It was great but I unfortunately didn't take too many pictures or videos. I managed to find some kids to film me as well as a couple of other girls at some of the shows and meets they hosted. I made a little video out of the clips which I would like to share.
    Watch it on YouTube.

If anyone's interested in the rest of the pictures they are here, and the pictures from the Doctor Who exhibit in Cardiff are here. It was really cool since I'm a big fan of the show and I do a bit of cosplay with my friends.

I loved it there, only it was a bit hard since the caravan at the yard I was staying in had no toilet, shower, or fridge and it was a little cold since it was heated by a little electric heater. I would very much love to go back some time but the thing that's stopping me is the airfare! I used my dad's frequent flyer miles to get there and back as as I am still looking for a job I'll have to wait. (I am visiting this summer with the people I worked for last year in Wisconsin. )

Niño & Eliza

How wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a wonderful experience for you. One you will never forget. Good for you - I hope you go back!

Blog Entries
    It looks like you were having a great time. I particularly loved that larger horse with what I call feathers on its' fetlocks, black with white spots on its' body. I learned to ride english in my late 20's & trained two of my horses in dressage,stadium & cross country. There is nothing like the feel & magnificence of a horse.

Thanks. His name is Splash and he's a Shire cross. Everyone loves him because he's a big sweetheart but he's a bit difficult to ride and not really working out with the riding school so the owner's taking him back this summer. (He was on working livery)

Niño & Eliza

Blog Entries
    I work with handicapped horse back riding & we sure could use a horse like Splash. Some of the clients are big people & a large boned well muscled horse would be perfect. The horse breeds we use are quarter horse & arabs. I imagine it is hard to get Splash collected for each jump. He just looks like a sweet horse.

Oh yes he gets overexcited and a bit nervous every time. He was usually fine at the trot, but once you asked him to canter, sometimes he would just bolt off.
    I love quarter horses but there were none over there. They are considered sort of exotic there.

Niño & Eliza

WoW great video & pics.. Looks like you had a great time & some good riding experience..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Blog Entries
    He maybe is what we would call a ground pounder. Around here owning a thoroughbred is the way to go. In the past I had an Appaloosa -x he had a hammer head, pig eyes, & was real heavy in the shoulders with a wide chest. He was a ground pounder but did a great extended trot. Then there was Trusty Buck a buckskin we raised from a baby. He was a Quarterhorse -x & he loved going over the jumps. Both horses were half brothers out of different studs. Those were the days!