Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does your dog bring to your life?

What does your dog bring to your life?

Just thought I'd start a new thread... What do your dogs do for you? How have they changed your lives? Why do you have dogs? It can be your specific dogs you have now or just pups in general. I thought we should share why we have such love for our dogs

Well, for me, I think dogs have definitely taught me how to be selfless. They are so unbelievably willing to do anything for me, to please me. I love coming home to 3 little beings who have such love for me, no matter what I look like that day or how I feel.
    My dogs are the reason I get any exercise at all I think. lol I do enjoy going on hikes, but they make it so much better. Even when I just want to be lazy on the couch for the day, I know I've got to get up and take them for a walk.
    There are endless reasons why I love dogs, and mine specifically, but I know I will never be without one.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

My first dog Sheba, long a Rainbow Bridge resident now, taught me a lot, but the most specific lesson I recall is she taught me to look both ways before I crossed a street. I am sure my parents tried, and my elder siblings, but it was Sheba's lesson that stuck in my head!
    I've Been Frosted

My dogs have done everything for me. I've always loved animals... especially dogs. Always, but when I got my dogs, they changed my life. They changed everything I want to do with my life. I want to become an amazing dog trainer now because Delta has opened my eyes to how much dogs can do!!! They definitely get me out there getting exercise. They have also made me many good friends, not only on PT, but in everyday life too. My dogs, until I have children, and even after, will always be my life, and I don't mind that at all. And I'm just glad my husband understands and wants me to do the same.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

My dogs have taught me patience. They get me outside. In the sun, the rain, the snow, and gazing at the stars at night. They bring coziness to a home that would be too quiet without them. No human could be as happy to see me when I come home.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

My dogs bring so much joy to my life. I would be one sad person without a dog. I've always, since I can remember, had a dog around.
    Having a dog (since I don't have children) has given me a responsibility other than myself. They count on me to take care of them and I'd never want to let them down.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I lived without a dog for some 15 months after Sassy died. It was awful for me, I stayed in the house alot during the winter unless I was going to the mall or something with friends because I had no excuse to go out. I wouldn't go out for a walk by myself when friends didn't feel like it, I wouldn't do anything but go on the internet when I was bored. Now I have a dog to play with and he makes me laugh more times then I can count everyday. He makes me so happy, even when I'm pissed off at him I can't stay mad. He is always doing something silly and he's the biggest goof I've ever met. He has his flaws, he's not the most well-behaved dog I've owned but I love him and am grateful everyday for the joy he has brought back into my life. I couldn't live without my wuggle face.

He has showed me the simple joys of life like sun, snow, rain, birds, animals, walking around at night, star-gazing.
    Last edited by Alysser; 06-12-2010 at 08:59 AM.

What does your dog bring to your life?

The question is what don't they bring to my life

They are exciting & fun, loving & attentive plus so many other things!

I mean come on, how could I not live without a dog?! After a hard day
    at work they are always there to say "Hi Mom! We missed you!", or there by my side when I am feeling blue.

They bring happiness and joy to me even when things aren't going quite right.
    Like when Bon is constantly barking at the new next door neighbors dogs or when he wipes his drool all over my clean clothes or even when someone gets sick and I have to clean it up.

I can't imagine my life without my dogs. They make my life complete!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I'm a first time dog owner after being owned by cats all my life. My Mickey is an amazing girl. She makes me smile just to look at her. And when she smiles, it lights me up! Her devotion to me, unconditional love, silky ears to stroke have given me a wonderful companion. I love my cats (shout out to Missy and Baby) but it's very different with a dog and I love the differences! Here's to you, Miss Mick!

COMPANIONSHIP and SECURITY.

They've given me a schedule, a constant companion, and a whole lot of good times.

Niņo & Eliza

My dogs bring me joy and comfort. They never cease to make me smile every. single. day. They also bring me loyalty and pure unconditional love and most of all happiness.

The shelter dogs bring joy to my life as well. My cats bring me joy as well as comfort and happiness and never cease to make me smile. I just love my pets. I do not know what I'd do without them. They all bring something different to the table in personality, but I love them and am lucky to have them.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I owe my life to my girls,They bring everything to my life.Happiness,No matter how bad of a day i have had,they are the ones that are always there to greet me at the door.They love you no matter what your mood is.The love is unconditional.I dont know what i would do without them.I have had some hardships over the past few years,I swear they are what have kept me sane.

I love each one in different ways.
    Lacy is always up for a cuddle,If im upset she never leaves my side,The girl truly has character that i cannot describe,Everyone always gets a laugh from her,She is almost like a human child,When she hurts herself whether its biting down on a stick too hard,or tripping while running..Or just being a goofball she always stops what she is doing looks around to see where i am comes running to me crying and will jump up on me for comfort.

Maggy,very intelligent girl!No matter what your mood is its like she knows and will do something to get a laugh out of you,She has never been a snuggler but when she is in the mood she lets you know..She first plays the game as if she has to go out to the washroom as you get up she will jump up on your seat and waits for you to sit with her.Love the girl to death she is my rock.

Molly...Well Molly is Molly..Very bubbly girl,Feelings get hurt easily..If she has slobber and wipes it all over you,We have always said "Oh Molly" She puts her head down like she is pouting.She is always there no matter what she truly is a people dog,loves everyone and anything.Very soft personality.

I am greatful for them all and belive they are in our lives for a reason,I do not know what i would do without them.People often say once they find out i have 3 dogs like i'm crazy,and that they are alot of work.I say jokingly id rather have them then my kids...THEY DONT TALK BACK TO ME!!lol...

They add so much to our lives.more than they probably know..I love all my animals dearly and cherish every second i spend with them.

Blog Entries
    My dogs have taught me unconditional love does exist & trust. They help me relax when I comb & brush them. They are great companions & we cover a lot of interesting terrain on our walks & see a lot of wildlife too. They herd the cattle when asked. Dogs really are our best friends.

My dogs have taught me how to smile, how to laugh, they give me someone to talk to when I need a sympathetic ear, give me two gorgeous little things to look at every day, give me a reason to be happy as I can be, they comfort me all the time, they are the center of my life........I could go on and on. They do everything for me. Unconditional love non stop.

What would I do without them? I don't want to find out. Mama loves you, girls!!!
    Thanks for loving me so much.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I don't even HAVE a dog! But my PT friends' dogs have brought me smiles, laughter, joy, happiness, an opportunity to help others, taught me things I didn't know, and unfortunately, sadness too. And the courage to ask people with dogs at Petsmart about their dog, or just to say what a sweet/cute/beautiful dog, and sometimes they will tell me a little about the dog or I may even have a chance to pet the dog right there in the store.

p.s.: What has my cat brought to me? I'm with Daisy and Delilah on this one- how to smile and laugh, someone to talk to, a reason to be happy, and a centering point for each day.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678