Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foster Fawns

Foster Fawns

My brother stopped by the other day because he found two fawns by the side of the road and the mother had been hit by a car and killed. I gave him a nipple and some colostrum formula laft over from the last fawn I had (which died due to internal injuries/ dog attack) anyways, he decided that he didn't want to burden of being a foster mother so they were brought to me as usual. Right now they are in a temperary bed in the house. tommarrow i'm going to set up a place for them to stay in the building untill I can find a wildlife rehab place for them to stay. I contacted the local DNR last time and they told me there is nowhere in this area that can take them so they were really no help at all. I know of one place that used to take them in when I was little so I'm going to give them a call. These babies are only a few days old. The dogs, by way, are completely amazed by them. Harley hovers over them like a first time mother and is completely obsessed. He follows them every where, lays with them, baths them, and wants to play with them.. but I'm so mean (I won't let him) they are so tiny and fragile. Earlier I was looking at youtube videos of fawns and one the video there was a fawn crying. Harley heard it and immediately jumped up and ran to the tub they are sleeping in to check on them lol. Every hour or so he goes over there to stick his head in and make sure everyone is where they are supposed to be. He is such a good little helper. Remmy is still a little too excited to be unsupervised around them. I'm afraid he will try to jump on them. I think it is funny how they chase the deer in the wild are so nuturing towards these babies. They are so excited to have them here, lol. Remmy is like a kid in a candy store when they are around. Ok, I'm going to shut up and show you some pics now! lol!

Harley welcoming the babies

more....

Somebody got tired

that's all!

one more, lol

"you taste like deer"

Wow, how fun! They are beautiful, does one have one blue eye?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Wow, how fun! They are beautiful, does one have one blue eye?
    they both have blue eyes. I think like most babies, they were born that way but they will probably turn brown as they grow and their spots fade. They absolutely adore Harley, lol. He just got them up for a potty break and dinner time. I think he would hold the bottle for them if he could. the whole time they were eating he was cleaning their faces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcG2qqLXBjE
    a video from today... I already know my yard looks great... be jealous, lol (i've been too buisy to cut it)

They are *soooooo* cute!!!! Awww loved the video they look so tiny compared to your finger! Good for you for taking them in, hope you can find a home for them.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Oh my gosh! Adorable!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

hey.. I noticed too the blue eyes!.... how incredibly cute... but I didn´t realize the blue last longer.. well.. then again they are a few days old only.. awww.. sorry about momma deer.. these cuties sure made it now... please keep us posted on them.... awww again..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Awesome!!!! Thanks so much for helping these babies!!!!

Some pics I took today while they were outside for a potty break. I went to my feed store today and got goats milk replacement. I also had to get another nipple because 1 nipple between two hungry fawn just wasnt working out, lol. They are both doing great.

AAwweee I am melting now.. They are both so precious.. thanks for taking care of them.. great pics thanks

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Oh my goodness, how darling!! Thank you (and Harley!!) for taking such good care of these little orphans.

just was able to watch the vid now... awwwWWWWWW!!!!!.. so cute!!!
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

They are just too cute for words, you are doing a great deed indeed.
    Please give them a kiss for me.