Thread: Need advice from my PT dog friends.

Need advice from my PT dog friends.

I am just asking for all kinds of advice today. (See Cat General if you're interested)

So, whenever we go to my parents or brothers (they live next door to each other), or we go out of town the dogs go to my brothers house. When we stay at my moms the dogs would stay with us. Well, that all changed right after my mom got Little Bit. Taggart can't stay there now and if he is in the house he has to be on a leash because he will pee on my moms furniture. He even pees on stuff in the garage.

Now he is just fine at my brothers house and they got Abbie and Jake the same weekend my mom found Little Bit. I can't figure out why he is doing this.
    So when we go to stay the weekend Zoee stays with us and Taggart has to go to my brothers (which isn't a bad thing because he gets to sleep with my niece).

My mom (and me too) would like to know why he is doing this and what we can do to stop it. There are times that both of my dogs need to stay with my mom and if/when that happens they have to stay out in the kennels (or at least Taggart does).

Little Bit is female, btw. Does anyone have any ideas as to why he might be doing this? And are there any suggestions for what can be done to stop it?

Thanks!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Billy has a marking problem when we go to my parent's too. For Bill, I don't think its dog specific; he just likes to be the boss.

Is Little Bit spayed? Might be a male/female/dominance thing.

This is a bit different, but when we adopted Walter, he wasn't fixed. My parent's dog, Morty, HATED him. I can't even express to you how much he hated him. Walter couldn't even walk by Morty.

After Walter was fixed, it was so weird. It was like a switch was flipped for Morty. They sleep together and play together now.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

it´s weird.. but it all sums up to being a Little Bit issue.. Tag seems to have no problem with the other two.. maybe because they are younger ... not sure how old LB is.. could be a vibe he gets from her... perhaps he seems in need to "compete" with her but not the others..

is this recent or since LB got in the picture?..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Diana, thanks for the response and yes, Little Bit is spayed. And most of the dogs are female. The only males are Taggart and Jake. The other 5 dogs are female.

Isabel, thank you for the response as well. Little Bit is approx 3 years old. They get along just fine. There is never any problems between them. Taggart is such a goofy laid back dog he gets along with everyone!
    Taggart never marked in the house before Little Bit got there. When my mom first told me he peed on the side of the couch I said "No he didn't! He doesn't even lift his leg when he pees!" But my niece saw him do it too. Then once when I was there he peed on the side of the recliner. Most of the time he still squats to pee or barely lifts one foot a couple inches off the ground.
    Yesterday my mom and I were joking that maybe he thinks he is outside because the carpet is a light green (like grass) and the chair is brown (like a tree). LOL

I just wish there was a solution to this problem. *sigh*

Thanks again for your responses Ladies.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

hmm... could be an age thing.. I mean maybe he feels she´s older but still want to let her know he was there first and is tops.. even if they get along just fine.. just as a reminder.. I think..

the other pooches are younger so he might not need to let them know that.. and with Zoee he knows she´s top of him (so to speak)..

it does seems LB inclusion was the trigger as he´d never peed before her.. and he only pees at "her" house not on the other pooches house...I don´t know, maybe he just want to make sure she knows he was there first..

I really hope you can sort it out and no more peeing in the inside garden.. lol
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Inside garden....LOL!

I know it has to be Little Bit's arrival, but I want him to stop it!
    Pepsi is about 4 or 5 years old and Lucy is about 3 or 4 years old. So it might be the "I was here first" thing. I don't get it.

And the part about Zoee being on top of him (so to speak)....yeah, that can be a literal statement. She is always doing the dominance dance on him.

This is a new one!

Was Little Bit house trained when she arrived? Is it possible there is some pee scent from her early days, left in the carpet, and he smells that?

I don't have any other ideas, sorry. DARN don't you wish we could speak the same language!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    This is a new one!

Was Little Bit house trained when she arrived? Is it possible there is some pee scent from her early days, left in the carpet, and he smells that?

I don't have any other ideas, sorry. DARN don't you wish we could speak the same language!
    I don't think Little Bit had too many accidents (if any at all) in the house when she first got there. Now there were plenty of other spots left from Kodi the min pin. But those have always been there even before Taggart. I mean, she has shampooed the rug since then too, a couple of times.

Yes, I SO wish I could speak dog speak! My life would be so much easier. LOL

Thanks for the response Sandie.

What about trying the belly band/diaper???
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

I definitely know how you feel. Sam always squatted like a girl to pee after we neutered him, and when we got Springen he started marking the whole house. Even after we've gotten a new place and Springen no longer lives with us, he still marks!!
    It's pretty dang frustrating. Hope you figure something out with Taggart.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Quote Originally Posted by MonicanHonda View Post
    What about trying the belly band/diaper???
    That's a good option for times we HAVE to leave him at my parents house. Thanks!

dab_20, so what do you do about Sammy marking everything? Maybe you could try the belly band or diaper suggestion too. My situation is easier than yours. I just don't take Taggart to my moms.