Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pregnant?

I've been following this thread and I also think they should help you in some way. Regardless of your male cat being fixed. That is totally NOT the point here.

But, have you figured out if she is in fact expecting?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

You should show her to a vet. Perhaps she has something else, worms, etc... Just go, it probably will answer your question.

I would tell you, softly and without judgment, that it WAS your biggest issue about 2 months ago.
    Screw the softness. Don't sugar coat it Johanna.

It's not your biggest issue right now??? That's it, close your eyes and the "issue" will go away. There is a line in my signature that I swear by "I'm tired of stupid, irreponsible pet owners".

It's people like you who leave us animal rescuers scrambling, trapping, spaying/neutering and vaccinating YOUR disposable pets out of our own pockets.

Disgusting.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Screw the softness. Don't sugar coat it Johanna.

It's not your biggest issue right now??? That's it, close your eyes and the "issue" will go away. There is a line in my signature that I swear by "I'm tired of stupid, irreponsible pet owners".

It's people like you who leave us animal rescuers scrambling, trapping, spaying/neutering and vaccinating YOUR disposable pets out of our own pockets.

Disgusting.
    thatīs a bit too harsh.. IMO... if the boy cat was her only boy and the girl cat was supposedly spayed.. she as many of us would assume theyīd be no problem if they were together... yes, he might have been neutered before but in her case that was not a problem (inside cat, not spraying, maybe in the future she was planning to...healthwise.. who knows)

but still THAT is not her biggest issue right now.. right now HER biggest issue is the possible mom cat and possible babies OR possible disease.. and I donīt think itīs nice to be rude with now...

IF both were unaltered and left together.. well thatīs another story... anyone knows what can happen then.. but she was TOLD by the SPCA the cat was ALREADY spayed...
    Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    thatīs a bit too harsh.. IMO... if the boy cat was her only boy and the girl cat was supposedly spayed.. she as many of us would assume theyīd be no problem if they were together... yes, he might have been neutered before but in her case that was not a problem (inside cat, not spraying, maybe in the future she was planning to...healthwise.. who knows)

but still THAT is not her biggest issue right now.. right now HER biggest issue is the possible mom cat and possible babies OR possible disease.. and I donīt think itīs nice to be rude with now...

IF both were unaltered and left together.. well thatīs another story... anyone knows what can happen then.. but she was TOLD by the SPCA the cat was ALREADY spayed...
    Very well said. I totally agree although I do believe in spaying and neutering all of my animals for health reasons and so they won't reproduce. Hopefully both cats will be fixed so this won't ever happen again.

I'm not being an irresponsible pet owner...He was the only cat I had for about 2 years. When we got trixie i thought she was going into heat, but i wasn't sure. I've never owned a female cat before, so I was a little confused...thought she was just acting like that for some strange reason. I've had her almost a year now, and she just now got pregnant? landon doesn't even like her. And considering i thought she was fixed...fixing landon didn't seem like an issue...he wont even get within 5 feet of her.

moosmom, I understand where your coming from...i used to work in a shelter and I know how things are. But in my current situation...I have no control over whats happened. I can only make the best of it. I plan on keeping a kitten, and I have a bunch of amazing people who are willing to take some once they're born.

And there's no way she's not pregnant...she's doubled her weight and she's constantly looking for a place to have them. She waddles all over the place, and is being extremely affectionate...even more so than normal. I'm just waiting for her to pop now.

They, and the kittens will be getting fixed.
    Owned by Titus, Bob, Alice, Trixie, Honey, Chesterfield, Al, Oreo, Dave, Ed, and Tyr!
    In two short months I will have my dream horse, Cesar!

So is it confirmed that she's pregnant? Did you take her to a vet? If she really is pregnant, I'm glad to hear that she'll be getting spayed after the babies are weaned and that you'll be able to keep at least one of her kittens and have other homes lined up for some of the others. I hope that everything will go well.

I do have one question though. Will you also be neutering your male cat? If not why? Even if he didn't like your female cat her going into heat made him want to mate with her since he's not neutered. He could also easily get outside and do the same thing to another female cat in heat or even get into a cat fight with another male cat. For his health and safety please neuter him.

could it be a psycologial (sp?) pregnancy?... it shows all the symptoms too.. except for babies in an x ray or ultrasound...
    Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I think waiting a week or so will prove if she is pregnant or not...especially if kittens arrive!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Being a semi-burned out rescuer, here's my take on it. You understand where I'm coming.

Try getting up every 3-4 hours to bottle feed one of these unwanted "non-issues" and finding it a home, then come talk to me.

I believe ALL animals should be spayed/neutered. Everyone has their opinion. I'm entitled to mine. Didn't mean to piss anyone off here. A little edgy after a week's sleep deprivation.

Please get all your cats fixed. PLEASE??

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Don't worry, ALL of them will be getting fixed.

Moosmom, I understand the constant waking up to bottle feed. I've had Landon since he was a week old. However, I kinda liked when he would wake me up for food. I took him EVERYWHERE with me just so I knew he had his food and medicine. I was supposed to find him a home after he was old enough, but I couldn't let him go ;]
    Owned by Titus, Bob, Alice, Trixie, Honey, Chesterfield, Al, Oreo, Dave, Ed, and Tyr!

Addie,

I take Phoenix Destiny with me on pet sitting jobs, after getting permission from my clients. So far I've had no complaints because she's so mobile. All she does is eat, pee and sleep (we're working on the pooing part).

Isn't kitten motherhood wonderful??? I'm not sure if she's going anywhere either. Especially after all the hard work I've put into her to save her life. She responds to my voice, and her eyes are just starting to peek open. By 3 weeks she'll be driving Bad @$$ Buddy out of his mind.

I didn't mean to go postal on ya. It just seems that so much of this crap is happening lately, I'm burning out. I'm sorry.

I love it :] My mom makes fun of Landon because he was stuck in a pile of wood during a rain storm, and his mom couldn't get to him before the rain started. She says he was defective and thats why he was left there, but I look at it as a blessing :] He was the most loving, precious thing i think i've ever owned. I didn't even mind having to stimulate him to pee and poop I'm excited for these kittens though. They're going to be so cute lol