Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you look old?

Nothing could ever make me want Botox, I've watched the hell my sis-in-law went through because of something that didn't agree with her system when she had the injections. Myself I don't care what I look like, wrinkles or no wrinkles. Age is a state of mind for me and yes, just a number. As for more energy, I could go for that but it's either there or it isn't. I think it's a matter of what kind of lifestyle someone leads.
    I'm here to enjoy another day and that's the main thing for me. If someone wants to wave a magic wand to give be a boost in energy I won't refuse it but heck, I don't even wear makeup except for a light dab of lipstick. It's how I feel about myself on the inside that counts for me.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2 View Post
    The quote seems a bit high but not outrageously so. I am assuming this is just the Dr’s cost and not the cost for the hospital or anesthesia which is quite a bit more.
    It is an out patient surgery, very routine.
    Medicare pays for this surgery called ptotis, almost all elderly people have it done as their eyelids droop and it interferes with their vision.
    Some people have it done in their 40’s most in their 60’s and 70’s when they notice their vision is obstructed by the drooping lids.
    People come into the office and have a visual field done. One test is done with the eyes open as they normally are, the field is then redone with the lids taped up as they would appear after surgery. The test shows how much better the patient can see after the surgery, this info is sent to the insurance company and they decide weather they will pay for the surgery or not. Medicare pays automatically but then audits.
    The results are dramatic people are so happy to be able to see again. A good surgeon makes it look like nothing has been done; you don’t have a Kenny Rodgers look, your eyes are just open more.
    It makes life so much more enjoyable and safe when people can see to drive, walk, cook, dance, watch TV and just go about their normal business.
    Your friend should see if the insurance will cover her surgery, can't hurt to try. The chemical peel is not covered that is just cosmetic.
    The quote included ALL costs, they own their own surgery center...

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post

We have a team of consultants in our office helping to develop the program for which I and the other trainees have been hired. They wear heels, hose and mostly black suits or dresses. And a LOT of make-up, jewelry, and always nicely manicured nails. I don't have nice clothes and shoes like that. When they're around I always feel ... plain.

This makes me sad. I only "know" you from PT, but think of you as
    a kind,thoughtful and caring person. Don't worry to much about the
    "outside" things.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    I am up there in age but I can't remember how far.
    I really can't see what I look like anymore without my glasses & if I am lucky enough to find them so I can see.
    I need a magnifying glass to pluck my eye brows or pull out a sliver
    I can only chew on one side of my mouth because the top teeth hurt on the other side.
    I find myself eating softer foods & actually apple sauce isn't to bad with a little cinnamon sprinkled on it.
    I also find when I get up my knees creak
    Large print isn't large enough for me to read anymore it needs to be LARGER THEN LARGE.
    I have to be careful when I sneeze because I could pee my old lady bloomers up.
    Everyday it is good to eat an apple or orange to stay regular
    I really appreciate every sunrise knowing I made to another day. Life is good

Bonny with your sense of humor you will NEVER be old.

I just came back from getting my hair cut, it looks so darn cute. I feel younger already.

If it makes her happy I say go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    The quote included ALL costs, they own their own surgery center...

I do. But I think as long as I don't FEEL old, I'm okay

Thanks ~Jessie~

My personal manifesto

I would never trade friends, my life, my family for less grey hair or a flatter belly. As I've aged, I've become more kind to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend.

I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying something I enjoy. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.

I have seen too many leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with ageing.

Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon?

I will dance with myself to the music I enjoy, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love .. I will.

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set.They, too, will get old.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a beloved pet dies? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning grey, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself any more. I've even earned the right to be wrong.

I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day. (If I feel like it)

Beautiful......

ChrisH, I love your post above......think we all should have a copy of it hanging on the wall, just as a reminder of what is important.....sometimes i think we forget.....Thanks!

Thanks to PCB!

We have a team of consultants in our office helping to develop the program for which I and the other trainees have been hired. They wear heels, hose and mostly black suits or dresses. And a LOT of make-up, jewelry, and always nicely manicured nails. I don't have nice clothes and shoes like that. When they're around I always feel ... plain.
    Elyse, you should never ever feel plain. You are one of the sweetest ladies I have ever known. Anybody can dress up but not many people can achieve what you do every day in compassion, sensitivity, thoughtfulness, and caring for everyone. You always find the positive in everything. We love you and find you to be very very special!!!!
    {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    Elyse, you should never ever feel plain. You are one of the sweetest ladies I have ever known. Anybody can dress up but not many people can achieve what you do every day in compassion, sensitivity, thoughtfulness, and caring for everyone. You always find the positive in everything. We love you and find you to be very very special!!!!
    {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
    I agree. You're a wonderful lady and I'm very happy to have you as my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillycat View Post
    ChrisH, I love your post above......think we all should have a copy of it hanging on the wall, just as a reminder of what is important.....sometimes i think we forget.....Thanks!

I agree. I've made a copy to put up in my kitchen, where I can see
    it every day.

Thank you Chris
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

plain is good.. that´s how I like my hamburgers.. plain

but there isn´t anything plain about being plain.. I´ve always been kind of a plain person.. but I´d like to call it honest, sincere, true, or just ME..

yeah there are people all "plumped" up and we sometimes wish we´d look like that... but we should also feel good with what we are and what makes US happy.. I do try sometimes to "plump"up to make the hubs happy.. but I´m happy with just how I am jeans, t shirt, etc... barely use makeup, creams, perfume...all natural.. although time is catching by so I must start doing something or age will catch up and surpass me.. haha.. not that I care much but then the hubs would look younger than me.. lol.. and that ain´t gonna happen..lol

I´ve always been told to look younger.. but the range of the younger years I apparent is getting shorter.. or is it I am getting older.. haha.. who cares.. it all sums up as how you feel inside and are happy with it..

there are somethings I´d like to modify/enhance for sure.. hehe.. but that´s another topic

I love white hair.. in fact I want to dye my hair white.. just haven´t been able to.. tried some toner on my hair but it didn´t do much to it.. I´d need to bleach it but my hair is so fragile it would fall apart.. so I guess I´ll have to hair till I get it by natural means.. lol.. meanwhile I might get it red again..lol
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

They wear heels, hose and mostly black suits or dresses. And a LOT of make-up, jewelry, and always nicely manicured nails. I don't have nice clothes and shoes like that. When they're around I always feel ... plain.
    Don't feel plain, dear. Feel "real." They're probably jealous that you look as good as you do without a 2-hour morning make-up and hair routine!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Lillycat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I agree. I've made a copy to put up in my kitchen, where I can see
    it every day.

Thank you Chris
    You are very welcome ladies.

Liz, that's where I keep my copy, on a kitchen cabinet to be exact.