Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you look old?

Do you look old?

I was looking around the interent and saw some pictures of classmates. Oh God, do I look that old? Some looked really good, they stayed in shape and took care of themselves. Others gained a lot of weight. Some have double chins, no hair, and looks of defeat about them and sadness. That made me sad, as I of course remember them at 17 and 18 being full of life and adventure.
    Some that were pretty in high school are not so and a few really grew into their looks with the right hair and makeup and maybe some surgery, don't know. It was a shock to see them all, now so middle aged and some so old, I simply can't look like that can I?
    Have you ever ran into an old school mate and thought that to yourself, seen their wrinkles, their extra weight and chins and thought how young you looked compared to them. And then later as you looked in the mirror you were not as young as you thought?
    Oh God when did I start to look like aunt Irma She was so nice but so old and bumpy.

I know what you mean. Sometimes I look in the mirror and think "Who put that picture of my mother there?"
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

When you are 70 it is hard to look anyway but old. If you look in the dictionary under old you can see my picture.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

Yep I do. At least I look older then my older brother.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I hear what you are saying, yes i see some old class mates, that look way older, then some who have aged better than myself,i also know some that are younger and look older than me, we all age differently, and i guess it depends on whether you have money to afford all the things in life that can make you look younger, plastic surgery is completely out of the question for me, and i think if i had money i might be tempted, but i hate pain , so not so sure.

when i was a young i always looked too young, if only that were the case now, when i was 20 looked about 16 so everyone told me, bring it back please, i think i look my age now ,sadly. lol
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Ask me in 20 years. I haven't had my 10 year reunion.. yet. Not til' 2013.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Yes, I think I look old and sometimes I even feel very old and I'm not quite 50 yet. I was looking at some older pictures of myself when I was in my 20's-30's and I sure look much younger back then and I was in much better shape than I am now.

I never run into any of my high school classmates because I went to high school in S.C. and I now live in CA. I've seen some of them on Facebook and most of the men sure look old. I've never bothered to go to any reunions either.

LOL, a woman told me that I looked 60.

There were cameras in the liquor store....so I could not throttle her.

When my mom was 80+ she said the only problem she had was that inside she still felt like 18. With me it's similar, only thing is I feel like 12 most of the time
    If there were no mirrors and cameras I would still believe I look 12 too

Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened.
    Cora Harvey Armstrong

Yes I do look old ... but that is because I am old. And when I consider the alternative very glad to be so too.

Well, I think I look old, since I stopped coloring my hair and it's now silver. But everyone I talk to says I carry it well and don't look my age.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened.
    Cora Harvey Armstrong

Yes I do look old ... but that is because I am old. And when I consider the alternative very glad to be so too.
    You hit the nail on the head!!!

All of my adult life, people thought I was much younger than I actually was. But boy oh boy - that has come to a screeching halt. The last 4 years, I look like I have aged about 10, and people no longer think I'm younger than I am. Ill health takes it's toll in more than one way, and it finally caught up with me!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I think I probably look about my age. My husband is 16 years older than me and is almost 62 years old, but he LOOKS about 52 and people are stunned when they find out how old he is.

The women in my family didn't get very wrinkly so I might have a good chance of carrying on that tradition. I'm plump now so if I lose weight I might wrinkle. Good excuse, hunh?

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherinedana View Post

The women in my family didn't get very wrinkly so I might have a good chance of carrying on that tradition. I'm plump now so if I lose weight I might wrinkle. Good excuse, hunh?
    Not a good excuse - just a good point!
    No body fat = wrinkles!
    The women on my mother's side of the family were definitely wrinkly, even tho they carried extra weight.
    So that, coupled with no body fat on me, makes me doubly wrinkly! Hey, but at my age, I'm not looking for a man, so who the heck cares???? It's what's inside that counts - (so I'm told)!
    What you see, is what you get!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I never really grasped the whole "old" thing. I don't think I give it much thought. I don't color my hair, I have gray hair, I don't wear much makeup, I don't get all dolled up to go out, and wear what works for me.

I don't say, "oh, age is just a number", or try to be younger/older/different than what I am. I haven't really ever thought, "oh, my, she looks old" about any friends I might be fortuante enough to run into. It just isn't a factor or important to me.

I am glad of my age, my experiences, my functioning body, and that I can keep up with my near 6 year old. I just presume others are thinking along those lines, too.