Thread: We have been visited by a neighborhood cat

We have been visited by a neighborhood cat

A cat has been coming into our yard. The first time I saw him, my cat, Cocoa Kitty, was on the porch, and the cat ran away when he saw me.

The cat tends to come around a certain time, so I have been trying to keep them apart for my cat's safety. My cat lives indoors, but gets time in the fenced yard. He can't jump high enough to get out. Once the neighbor cat came unexpectedly, and I heard some aggressive noises.

I have seen the cat a couple times since then, and he runs to be on the other side of the fence to feel safe, but seems interesed in me. I call my cat out when he is around, because I want to supervise their interactions, and think the more times they see each other in a peaceful way, it lessens the chance of aggression if I'm not there to referee.

My question is, my cat will go to the spot where the other cat slid under the fence, and make a soft call. I wonder if that means he likes the other cat, or is he saying stay out of my yard?
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.
    http://cocoakitty.net

It could be curiousity as Cocao Kitty if he is an only Cat will want to see what Other Cats look like.
    I would block off that fence though as curiousity could lead to Cocoa Kitty getting out of you yard where he coud become disoriented and lost.
    Thats not a lot of fun wondering whereYou Cat is
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

The visiting cat is young and skinny, so he was able to shimmy under the 2-3 inch gap. My cat is a senior who is on a diet, so he can't fit under. He is way too precious to loose!
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.
    http://cocoakitty.net

Oh , sorry about that Kit!
    I should know that you wouldnt leave Cocoa Kitty when he could get loose.
    We , even after the Loss of Dear Earl of Ebony have many Visitors to the Found Cat Motel Feeding Staions.
    Where the bowls are never empty , and the food placed with love
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS