Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I give up.

I give up.

Yesterday Ed got up from his nap and began the mewl.

He has this sound he makes before he throws up.

I ran over with a piece of newspaper to catch the puke.

As I was bent over, the station the TV was tuned to played this promotional clip that made me start to laugh.

I was laughing so hard, I started to black out. I managed to stand up and clear my head.......

Now, my real problem?

I lost my glasses....in all the commotion I set them down someplace and cannot find them.

That was yesterday about 5 p.m.

Pray for me.

Prayers are being sent.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Get nose to nose with Ed and see if he's wearing them! Also check any chairs or sofas before you sit down.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

LOL! Have you looked under the newspaper you put over the puke? I hope you find your glasses.

I had a strange experience last night... Fister puked very late in the night and I couldn't be bothered to clean it up at that hour, but I went to the bathroom and also brought some kitchen-roll paper (what's that called in English?) to soak any fluid. He does only puke right after eating, so it's kind of partly chewed dry food. When I got out of bed this morning and wanted to clean it up properly, there was nothing. I cleaned that part of carpet anyway.

You know what... people who doesn't have a cat or dog would think I was a complete loonie discussing something like this in a public forum! Who cares!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh me!

I have a newspaper basket by the TV. I gather the papers there, so if I need to reference a story I can find it. The basket gets emptied the day before trash day.

Ed goes to the hallway to throwup and the basket is within arm's reach.

I had grabbed the newspaper from that basket and managed to get a section to catch the vomit.

I just threw out the paper, maybe the glasses fell in there?

Nope.

I walked over to the fireplace where I threw the puked-on paper.

There, up against the little fireplace shovel tool, were my glasses.

In the commotion - and before I got to sit down and recover?

I bent over and because I was laughing so hard, they must have fallen off of my head!

Thanks for the prayers, they worked!

Oh my. I am so blind that if I laid my glasses down and forgot where I put them I would be in real trouble! Glad you found them. I hate cat puke.

Randi...I know what you mean...non-pet owners/lovers have no interest in talking about such things. What is wrong with them?!?

Mac is my pukemeister. I hate it when he pukes in the middle of the night and I step in cold, sticky, cat puke when I get up in the morning. Yep, Mac manages to puke somewhere between my bed and the bathroom everytime. I think he plans it.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

He has this sound he makes before he throws up.
    Does it go something like this?

URKA, URKA, URKA

I'm always too late with the newspaper or paper towel. That's when I get out the carpet stain remover.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Isn't that true... they have to puke ON A CARPET - and definately right in the middle of the path from the bedroom to where they KNOW YOU'RE HEADING! But don't we just LOVE them!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

yep, there's nothing like cold cat puke between your toes in the middle of the night!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    yep, there's nothing like cold cat puke between your toes in the middle of the night!!!
    Oh yea. And if it is there somewhere on the floor, my bare feet will always find it!

That happens to me all that time Richard as I mithings or lose keys, receipts and even a bag of Cat Food.
    I had to take two buses back, but thankfully it was there at the bus stop.
    And after all that My Found Cats wouldnt eat the stuff!!!

We are glad that you found your glasses!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Does it go something like this?

URKA, URKA, URKA

I'm always too late with the newspaper or paper towel. That's when I get out the carpet stain remover.
    Oh my goodness, this thread has me laughing SO HARD! That's exactly the pre-barf sound I know so well!

Cassie does not like to have barf land on a newspaper, a rag, or whatever else I can slip under her. Must... make... Mom... get... Resolve... urka urka urka
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post

I had a strange experience last night... Fister puked very late in the night and I couldn't be bothered to clean it up at that hour, but I went to the bathroom and also brought some kitchen-roll paper (what's that called in English?) to soak any fluid.
    We call them paper towels.

Feel free to continue with the original topic now...

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    Yep, I can think of ONE thing.
    WARM cat puke in between your toes.

Eewwwww.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018