Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P Scooby Doo Mojo

Scooby, you were a beautiful boy. It's not your fault your humans let you down. I hope you find peace at the bridge dear boy. You will be missed.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

thank you both so much, I know I appreciate it and I know Scooby thanks and truely appreciates it as well.

~thank you Krista for my siggy~
    www.k9bsl.com

Poor Scooby I feel so horrible. At least it seems that the child and mother do not blame the dog for this???? RIP poor Scooby. He was a gorgeous boy!
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Quote Originally Posted by MonicanHonda View Post
    Poor Scooby I feel so horrible. At least it seems that the child and mother do not blame the dog for this???? RIP poor Scooby. He was a gorgeous boy!
    No that is the big kicker, the boy knew that what he had done was wrong and the mother knew that Scooby shuld have been in a crate. But no they didn't blame Scooby. Thanks Monica.

www.k9bsl.com

I am so sorry...but I don't understand...if they didn't blame Scooby, then why did she have to be PTS?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I am so sorry...but I don't understand...if they didn't blame Scooby, then why did she have to be PTS?
    Because the woman had to take her son tot he hospital and report it as a dog btie, he would have had to have been quarantined and then euth'd anyway, it is state law. He is a liability and him being a pit bull made the matter worse, we do NOT need another news story. I hope this helps.

www.k9bsl.com

k I get it. This story is sad and sickening...

RIP dearest pup, play at the Bridge, showing off your wonderful grin.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    k I get it. This story is sad and sickening...

RIP dearest pup, play at the Bridge, showing off your wonderful grin.
    Yes Catty you are absolytely right and Scooby didn't deserve to die this way. Thank you, I do appreciate your words.

www.k9bsl.com

I feel so bad for you and Scooby, I just wish it didn't have to end like this. It's a sad story all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    I feel so bad for you and Scooby, I just wish it didn't have to end like this. It's a sad story all the way around.

Thank you Alysser, it will truely be a sad day for me forever, it was so unnecessary, thank you again, I do appreciate this.

www.k9bsl.com

I donīt get it.. I do understand the not wanting the bad pressand having him euth anyway.. but why couldnīt say he fall from a tree or something.. it doesnīt looks that bad.. and even if they reposted it as dog bit couldnīt they claim it was a stray they never saw again?..

Iīm sorry and i know nothing can be done now.. but IMO there were other options.. I mean itīs not like the cut couldnīt come from somewhere/something else.. Iīve done more damage myself in other ways (falling)
    Corinnaīs Christmas Card Swap ī06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da Houseī10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post
    I donīt get it.. I do understand the not wanting the bad pressand having him euth anyway.. but why couldnīt say he fall from a tree or something.. it doesnīt looks that bad.. and even if they reposted it as dog bit couldnīt they claim it was a stray they never saw again?..

Iīm sorry and i know nothing can be done now.. but IMO there were other options.. I mean itīs not like the cut couldnīt come from somewhere/something else.. Iīve done more damage myself in other ways (falling)
    If I had known what had happened in the beginning then yes I would have gone about this differently, regardless, Scooby had to be put down, but the lady and her son both know that what happened was thier fault. And that is what I told her but she had already told the police it was Scooby, sad ending to what was a beautiful dog. Thanks HM, I appreciate it

www.k9bsl.com

Quote Originally Posted by Husky_mom View Post

While there were alot of other options, I don't think this bite was just something to blow off. I don't think Scooby should've been put down either, although he would've anyway because it's a state law, and I do feel terrible for him and APBTmom. I don't think lying would've helped the situation, I mean what if it happened again to but it was someone else? Lying isn't really a way to handle the situation. The laws there are stupid though, around here a dog gets three chances, if it bites three separate times then it will be put to sleep but they at least give the owners sometime to work with the animal. Regardless, I think things could've gone differently. The key is to PREVENT this from happening and make sure it never does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    While there were alot of other options, I don't think this bite was just something to blow off. I don't think Scooby should've been put down either, although he would've anyway because it's a state law, and I do feel terrible for him and APBTmom. I don't think lying would've helped the situation, I mean what if it happened again to but it was someone else? Lying isn't really a way to handle the situation. The laws there are stupid though, around here a dog gets three chances, if it bites three separate times then it will be put to sleep but they at least give the owners sometime to work with the animal. Regardless, I think things could've gone differently. The key is to PREVENT this from happening and make sure it never does happen.

Alysser, you are absolutely right about there could have been other options but this statement in bold is why he had to be put down, they have a 3 year old that cif that had been him it could have likely done wzy more damage, the mom and the son both learned a very valuable lesson, I WISH, you all have NO idea how I wish this could have gone differently, and this is why I stressed to both the son and the mother that what they were doing was the right things as owners and that next time, IF they ever got a large breed (bully) type dog they would come to me for advice and training. And you are right that lying would not have helped the situation as she aske dme about a rescue and I told her no that as soon as she told them he had bitten someone they would have told her no thank you, especially due to his breed. So sad all the way around, makes my heart break again all over. RIP Scooby

www.k9bsl.com

This is the first time I've read this. Its so sad. If all that kid had was a little scratch where the bandaid is, that dog was controlling himself. That was not an aggressive bite. He never should have been put down. I hope you call all local shelters you can and have these people put on a no adopt list for life.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton