Thread: Teensy bit miffed

Teensy bit miffed

As some of you know I help out a local wildlife rescue group with their MySpace and Facebook pages but logged onto the FB one this morning to a message from the founder to say he has set up a new "official" page where people can donate and if I want to join he will add me as an administrator so I can post alongside him and his girlfriend.

Now, the idea is a good one if people can send donations but it wouldn't have hurt for him to run the idea by me before he did it would it? I put in a lot of work and hours getting them over 100 followers in a short space of time and now he has taken it over without so much as a "what do you think?" This is made worse by the fact that I am meant to be a committee member and we have a meeting this week - surely he could have waited a few days so he could speak to someone (i.e. me) who would have been more than happy to run the new page for them. Their pages were nothing when I started them and now its up and running he decides to take over

Seriously considering resigning from the committee - then he will have to take his own rotten minutes.........

Hey, maybe he thought he was doing a good thing, and of course you should put the Facebook link on his new page. Some people worry about Facebook and Myspace, particularly with all the changes Facebook has been making, especially with regards to privacy, so I understand his wanting to have a separate page. Yes, it would have been the right thing for him to contact you ahead of time, but he may not even realize you'd be bothered by it. I'd send a polite little note, once you are calm!
    I've Been Frosted

Ah, Karen - the voice of reason. I'm going to make sure to come to you next time I get all riled up about something and prepare to shoot my mouth off.

The best advice anyone could have given.

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Since the new changes to facebook privacy, I don't think you are allowed to solicit donations on FB and it can be cause for being banned from FB. I have not looked into this myself, but it may be something to look into before being involved, just in case.

I hope it works out!

Just remember to always picture him sitting at the meetings in his underwear!

I think Karen has the best idea.

Does he even realize what you are running WAS the official page??? That seems to be where the mis communication occurred, reading this.

Does he even realize what you are running WAS the official page???
    He asked me to do it in the first place. Just feel that now my work has paid off he is stepping in to take it over

Quote Originally Posted by Pawsitive Thinking View Post
    He asked me to do it in the first place. Just feel that now my work has paid off he is stepping in to take it over
    You do all the work, he takes all the credit......hmmm.
    Before doing a runner, I'd have it out with him.
    If yer not happy with his replies, then split.

"I'm Back !!"

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    You do all the work, he takes all the credit......hmmm.
    Before doing a runner, I'd have it out with him.
    If yer not happy with his replies, then split.
    Well, so far I haven't joined the new page and have wished him luck with it. He did the same on MySpace - went in and added his name so I took it straight back off again To me its an insult to all the others who go out and rescue the animals, help care for them, fund raise etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Pawsitive Thinking View Post
    Well, so far I haven't joined the new page and have wished him luck with it. He did the same on MySpace - went in and added his name so I took it straight back off again To me its an insult to all the others who go out and rescue the animals, help care for them, fund raise etc etc
    Well.....lets see how long he lasts by himself.
    He just might fall flat on his face without help from actual doers.

"I'm Back !!"

Update

Only 2 administrators on the new page and one of them is me as I "do such a great job in keeping it running".

Have taken a step back, stopped throwing my toys out of the pram and decided to carry on doing something I love. I can't do much with the fundraising or rescuing but this is my little contribution to an organisation I have always wanted to be a part of.

Thanks for allowing me to let off a bit of steam here

They can set up a cause on Facebook and accept donations if they are a non-profit.

Quote Originally Posted by TamanduaGirl View Post
    They can set up a cause on Facebook and accept donations if they are a non-profit.

"I'm Back !!"