Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Luna: vomiting and weakness in her hind legs; very worried!

Hi, my nephew just recently had his young cat to the Vet and something similar happened with her leg after the shots. She wasn't feeling well and had difficulty climbing the stairs. Kitty is fine now, so I hope this is all it is with Luna. Hope she feels better soon.

Prayers for Luna!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thanks everyone!

TommyCat, it's interesting that something similar happened to your nephew's cat!

Luna is doing better today. No more vomiting since yesterday morning, and her hind legs don't look so wobbly today. But it seems to me that her left leg is somewhat twisted, I wonder if she hurt herself when she fought against the shot during the first vet visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Thanks, Pat!! Well, I hope my vet is right about that!

Just saw that you're going through something similar with your Sydney. Best wishes to him!!! (((HUGS)))
    Thank you, Kirsten, from Sydney and me. He continues to do better! Yes, I understand completely just how scary and heartbreaking it is when your older but previously healthy and active kitty suddenly seems to have had a possible stroke or other disabling, non-curable ailment. (More {{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~~PURRS~~~~~ to you and Luna, and Lily too, from us .)

And we are so glad to read that Luna is doing better! We continue to hope and pray that this is just a reaction to the shot and she'll be over that shortly. Also that her leg is not injured, just sore from the injection.

If her leg still appears twisted tomorrow, why don't you call the vet and tell her about it, see what she thinks.

A candle for Luna: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=10857778.
    Last edited by phesina; 05-23-2010 at 10:22 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

That's great Luna is feeling better and no more vomiting. I bet they can hurt themselves with fighting the shot. My nephew's cat was extremely stressed and frightened with the Vet. I hope the other leg heals.

Thanks a lot for Luna's candle, Pat, it's very appreciated!

Whatever it was that was bugging her, it seems to be better now.

TommyCat, how's your nephew's cat now?

Hi Kirsten,
    Thank you; my nephew said his cat's leg is back to normal. It was sore for a few days but kept improving each day. I hope it will be the same for Luna. They sure can give us a scare when they're not feeling well.

Indeed! She gave me the scare of my life yesterday! My RB Katz had wobbly hind legs the day she died, and all these memories came back yesterday when I saw Luna like that.

Glad to hear your nephew's kitty is doing better!

Kirsten, I'm so glad to hear that Luna is doing much better and I hope she'll continue to improve. I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks!

Well, she seems to be okay now. I really think she hurt her leg in some way when she was fighting at the first vet visit. Hope she'll be alright!

Hi Kirsten,
    That's great news about Luna's leg. It does seem like she hurt it when she was trying to get away from the Vet doing the shot. I hope she continues to do well.

Thanks! She seems to be back to normal now, what a relief!!
    She really scared me on Saturday!

Kirsten

How is Luna doing? I hope she is back to normal now. That must have been so scary I couldn't image. My prays are with you and Luna.

Melissa

It's been scary indeed!!

But she's more or less back to normal now. A couple of days ago, I got the impression that there was some weakness again in her legs, but that was during a period of humidity, so maybe she was "just" a bit dizzy. She was also sleeping more than usual when it was that hot. It has cooled off now, and Luna shows her normal behavior.

Thanks for asking!

Kirsten

Same Thing Happened to my cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    This is the second time today that I took Luna to the vet. She vomited a couple of times tonight (first her food, then liquid with grass), and when she vomited again this morning (clear liquid with a lot of grass), I took her to the vet. I was a bit worried because yesterday, I caught her eating a tiny bit of a ficus leaf (usually the ficus is completely ignored by the cats), and I thought she may be vomiting because of that.

My vet thought it was a stomach bug (her belly was soft, no constipation), and gave her an antibiotic and an anti-inflammant, and she also gave me Hill's i/d food. Back at home, Luna started begging for food, and during the morning hours, I gave her two small portions which she kept down. So far, so good.

Then I noticed something horrible: When I saw her walking, it looked strange, her hind legs look kinda wobbly, as if there was a weakness in her legs, especially the left one. Believe me, I felt like my entire world was falling apart that moment!! I watched her for a while and noticed that she was still able to jump onto the table and the cabinet without any problems, she was playing, and she's still begging for food. But her walking is definitely NOT normal, so I took her back to the vet.

The vet saw when I meant, she said it's still a mild form of weakness, and she doesn't think it's a stroke, or thrombosis. The reflexes in her legs were strong, so it's obviously no stroke, or herniated disc, the reflexes of her eyes were also okay, her heart sounded healthy, and her gums were pink. My vet thought the weakness may either be a poor blood circulation as a result of the stomach infection, or in fact a mild toxic reaction. She got a shot to boost her metabolism, it's a herbal med that's given to support the body fighting down infects, or poisoning. I hope it helps.

We're back home now, and right now, Luna is crying in front of the kitchen door because she wants me to open it, she wants to eat. Time for her next portion of Hill's i/d, I guess. I seriously doubt that this is really a stomach bug when she's THAT hungry! But whatever it is, it is strange, and I'm really worried!

Please keep my Luna in your thoughts,
    Kirsten
    Sadly this also happened to my cat a week ago, only my cat won't eat or drink much. My cat Kitty was vomiting a yellow foamy bile consistently. In one day alone she vommeted twenty times, it scared me. I took her to the soon after that. My cat ended up going to the vet twice and was given IV fluids, a few different injections, a large amount of lab work, x-rays (that were also sent to a radiologist), and she had to stay at the vet on the first day I brought her in and the second day I brought her in. The first day she was brought home I was told she would get better, but sadly she got worse. I brought her back the next day and the vet did all the same things. Her two x-ray from day one and two were night and day from each other. The x-ray showed a few problems the first was she was fully backed up, the second her stomach was expanded and misshapen with nothing in it, and the last thing was her small intestines were balling up on themselves. I was sent home with some medication. It seemed like it worked, but after a few days she got so much worse. I'm scared for her. I hope Luna gets better.