Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what may help and what to expect with my little girl that has been diagnosed with idiopathic cysitis.

Some background: A week ago today I noticed Sedona, (a 3yr old Sphynx - Cornish Rex cross) frantically trying to pee in the litter box. I took her immediately to the vet as I know not to wait with these symptoms.
A urinaysis was done and did not show any sign of crystal formation. Red blood cells were noted.

She has been placed on a glucosamine derivative that I have read can be helpful to protect the bladder lining.
In my research, I have also noted this is often stress related....I can think of NOTHING that has changed recently in her environment. I do have some holistic medicine called Biocalm for one of my other cats and so have given her a dose of this at bedtime for the past two nights. It MAY be helping as she had a normal pee last night! (but straining agian this morning...)

I'm wondering if anyone knows how long the glucosamine could take to work and if anyone has any other advice??
I'm not too keen to give her steriods.
She appears to be in no distress and is happily running about playing as usual when not in the litter box.

Thanks for reading!

Sixcats