Thread: need help ASAP

need help ASAP

I have 18 day old kittens and they picked up fleas from the mother we put frontline plus on the mom last night I 'm still seeing the fleas for some reason I was thinking about treating her again would this be a good idea I washed all my bedding treated the carpet the only way I know how been combing the kittens out 2 times a day with a really hot cup of water and putting Vaseline on the comb the fleas stick the comb and then I put them in the water
    I 'm seriously thinking about giving them all baths I have some gentle cat and kitten shampoo I am wondering how safe it is and how safe it would be to give all them baths
    plmk what I can do

also wanted to add I was looking up natural remedies to sprinkle on the carpet to get rid of the fleas and came across several that said I could use salt so I put some salt in the blender and sprinkled it over the carpet has anyone ever tried this method before was thinking of buying some borax but really afraid it might hurt the kittens

Do NOT repeat any flea treatment on the momma cat!!! NONE for 30 days!!

I do not think you should bathe such young kittens. Use a flea comb. There is powder to put down....but, I don't know if it is safe with kittens around.

I hope some of our more experienced members will chime in here!!

I´m no cat expert but most if not all flea treatments for kitties are only safe until 8 weeks or older..

what I´ve heard for younger kitties was dial dish soap?.. or some kind of liquid soap.. i might be confusing names.. but a bath with them seem to have worked for some people
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Dawn dish soap.

I would call a reputable pet store and ask for advice, or your vet's. The vet won't charge for a phone call.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

We use Baygon on walls and crpet to get rid of the insects.My father gave us a powder to use on a kitten we had.I will ask him the name and tell you ASAP

Don't repeat dose the momma cat! Frontline works on the nervous system of insects and often they come to the surface of the fur and get very active right before the fleas die. Don't be alarmed, this actually means the product is working.

However if you have fleas that bad you will need to treat the momma cat every 30 days for 4-8 months depending on how bad the problem is. You can't use Frontline on kittens younger than 8 weeks. A gentle bath, with warm water and no shampoo will drown whatever fleas are on the kittens for the moment, until they are old enough to put Frontline on them too. Otherwise contact your vet for another product that's safe to use on them. As stated above, your vet doesn't charge for a phone call.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Call the vet and get professional advice. These babies are only 18 days only for God sake. They need professional advice not advice from some pimply faced, minimum wage clerk who couldn't tell the difference between a gerbil and a garden snake.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I did call the vet I 'm seeing less fleas and I 'm combing them out 3 times a day they are very active and playing with each other and nursing really well

When I fostered kittens who had heavy lice infestations, I was also working at a very reputable vet clinic. We used a tiny amount of frontline diluted with saline to help get the lice off of the 5 day old kittens.

This was an extreme case however; these kittens were being sucked dry by the HUGE quantity of lice on them. I would say keep doing what you're doing, it sounds like it's working.