Thread: New Flea & Tick Control

Blog Entries

New Flea & Tick Control

Frontline was very expensive to use last summer on the dogs. We found something new called bio spot. It costs us $12.00 for three monthly treatments for a medium sized dog 31-60 pounds.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I hope it works better for you than it did for me.

I bought it a couple of years ago for my dogs - and they got fleas - BIG TIME!!!!

I got a refund from Dr Foster & Smith on it, but it cost me in the long run. Since my dogs are highly allergic to fleas, I had to take them to the vet for a pred shot, and then ended up buying the Advantix that I had them on originally. Then I had to buy a flea killer spray for the furniture and carpets. That whole fiasco cost me a lot more than the money I saved by buying the Bio Spot.

I now get their flea med from vetshoponline.com. They are very inexpensive and carry all the major brands. They ship from Australia and their shipping is only $4.95, no matter how much or how little you buy.

You should check them out!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Biospot is bad news....

There are several threads in dog health addressing this.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Blog Entries
    We are using it to repel woodticks. This bio spot comes from Farnam Companies, Inc. out of Arizona. Will check the health thread.

I heard it doesn't work... I actually think there was a news report at 11 today about Biospot and Sentry. I have some 'natural oil spray' from Sentry and will be throwing it out immediately.

This is used by my friend and she HIGHLY recommends it. I will be buying some shortly. It's not toxic like your topical flea meds can be... I don't want to use anything that says I have to wash it off myself immediately... hello! it's on my dog! She said this stuff works great though, and you can use it when you need it. It has a nice soft smell, and it's not overwhelming. You can also use it on yourself, cats, horses, and your house.

http://www.cedarcidestore.com/Remove_Ticks.html

It was in the news!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeQp7...eature=related
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Blog Entries
    I never used anything on my dogs until we had problems last summer with the dog food & the veterinary thought the dogs were allergic to something in their environment so he suggested frontline. It was expensive & kept the ticks off of them. I go over the dogs several times a day picking ticks off of them. If they are flapping their ears it tells me ticks are on & around their heads. The apple cidar vinegar is something friends were using to treat their horses in the summer to keep flys, mosquitoes, etc off of them. I have used apple cider vinegar to wash the dogs coats down. It brings on a nice shiney coat & isn't harsh on their coats. I wonder if it wouldn't work on ticks if given orally? Will check out natural repellents to.

I also give Delta ACV orally. I know you can spray a 50/50 mixture with water and it's supposed to repel fleas... dunno about ticks? I've also heard of using Neem oil. I haven't had Delta on any meds (and we have bbaaaddd fleas here) and I haven't seen one on her yet... a lot of people say a natural diet will allow that to happen., but I still am finding something to put on her. I'm going to buy that best yet stuff or whatever it's called.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Blog Entries
    The bio spot is working to keep the ticks off the dogs. It has been two weeks since I applied it to the dogs. We have been out in the brush, down to the beaver dam & no ticks to be found on them.