Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Look what I found on my back porch today!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Oh she's beautiful (and so are her kittens)! A white footed tortie! Yes, you ARE a cat magnet!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

OMG!!!.. cat magnet is a short word to describe you hehe..

what a lovely momma!! and those precious awwwww.....seriously if I lived closer I´d take this "bunch" home.. super cute..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Wow, word gets around for these single mothers. They know where the safe house is.
    I totally understand that you cannot take anymore. Do you have any neighbors willing to help out with this one? I'm just concerned about that dog that got Lilac coming back around. Does she have only the three you can see in the pictures?
    Oh my goodness! I know there are several of us on here that wished we lived closer so we could help. All I can do is wish you luck in what ever you decide. I just would not be able to look outside anymore.......EVER!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

OMG!! She is beautiful! I know you can't take in anymore but what do you do when they come knockin' at the door?! Cats are very intelligent, they do know where the good people live! Like everyone else...if I lived closer I'd take her and the babes in. Sure wish I could help. I worry about that dog coming back, too.

OK, four or five more for the transport!

MOFF, what a beautiful girl she is. And her kittens look gorgeous.

For a minute I thought the present kittens were trying to nurse from Angel!

Maybe the SPCA would take them in?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

are some of those new little ones of the simese sort?? Its kinda hard to tell
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright

Yes MOFF, it looks like you've been chosen again. They're all gorgeous and hopefully they'll be able to be helped by someone. It looks like two meezers and on orangie to me as well as another gorgeous tortie mother. Maybe Friends Of Felines will be able to help you out with this young family too. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Yes MOFF, it looks like you've been chosen again. They're all gorgeous and hopefully they'll be able to be helped by someone. It looks like two meezers and on orangie to me as well as another gorgeous tortie mother. Maybe Friends Of Felines will be able to help you out with this young family too. Good luck.
    The kits looked like two meezers and an orangie to me too. She has moved them off my porch now. We have a thunderstorm fixing to move in. I'm wondering if they are under the porch. But I'm not going to go look. No! I am not!!! Really!!!

The mom looks a lot like Angel. I saw her walking across a yard the other day and thought Angel got outside until I say her tail. It is white on the end of it. Plus Angel's tail is crooked. The mom wouldn't come near me so she may be ferel. Probably tossed out by someone when she got pregnant.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Makes me wonder about interbreeding...Angel and that momcat could have had the same dad!

I wonder if you or Helene could contact Friends of Felines and see if they can help.

Let's just say they ARE under the deck...that way you don't have to look! (DON'T LOOK! )

MOFF, you know that this Tortie mother will just get pregnant again. If any of the kittens are female then they'll also get pregnant and the cycle will just continue. Are there any TNR programs any where in Kansas?

Here's a link about a TNR Program in Kansas:http://www.nmhpkc.org/index.php?PAGE_ID=1. I don't know how far away some of these places are to you though.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Here's a link about a TNR Program in Kansas:http://www.nmhpkc.org/index.php?PAGE_ID=1. I don't know how far away some of these places are to you though.
    That is in Kansas City, 90 miles away. We have no TNR program near hear that I know.

I know the poor momma cat will just get pregnant again but I can't do anything about it. I do wish I knew he tossed her out pregnant. I could give them a swift kick in the bum. I know I am assuming that someone did that but there is a high record of that happening in this town.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

More little ones? It's not to late to put out the no vacancy sign.
    Honestly, you can't run a "cat rescue" all by yourself.Sad but true. I just
    finished reading a story in the paper about a local shelter being full to the
    max with animals. They mentioned that it was "kitten season" again.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    More little ones? It's not to late to put out the no vacancy sign.
    Honestly, you can't run a "cat rescue" all by yourself.Sad but true. I just
    finished reading a story in the paper about a local shelter being full to the
    max with animals. They mentioned that it was "kitten season" again.
    I know. If I was younger and healthy and working and still driving, it would be different. Until people start taking responsibility for getting their pets spayed and neutered, this will continue to be a problem.

Around here, some people think of animals as throw away pets. Keep them until you don't want them then toss them out the door. I lived by two families like that before I moved here and at least one family since moving here aka Winnie's former owners.

The lady that used to help feed Winnie has moved so I'm pretty much the only one in the neighborhood who would even consider feeding strays. I really can't keep doing that either. I have enough cats of my own and can't incourage more strays to hang around. It's not safe for them and it's too heartbreaking for me.

I can't keep taking cats in when I can't take care of them.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I wonder if Helene has internet access only at work?

With her contacts at Friends for Felines (sp?) I am sure she can get help for this latest batch. Maybe FFF can designate your house as a "high traffic area" - hopefully you can have someone to contact as this keeps happening.

HUGS!

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I wonder if Helene has internet access only at work?

With her contacts at Friends for Felines (sp?) I am sure she can get help for this latest batch. Maybe FFF can designate your house as a "high traffic area" - hopefully you can have someone to contact as this keeps happening.

HUGS!
    High traffic area indeed!!! The kits were back on the porch this morning. There are 4 of them. The orangie, two meezer-like ones, and a little blackie.

The mom was there too. I got a good look at her when I took some trash out. I'm wondering if she my be one of the kits from Winnie's first litter. She has the same exact white front toes and stockings as Winnie and Angel.

The lady that used to live on the other side of Winnie's first house, told me that Winnie had had a litter before Angels litter. The kids were trying to give her the kittens. It's very possible someone in the neighborhood took one and booted it out when it got old enough to be a mom.

The mom won't come near me. The kits won't either for that matter. It took me years to get Lilac tame enough so I could pet her. I confess to putting out some water and a bit of dry food for the mom. I just can't let her go hungry when she has a tiny family to feed.

Meanwhile, the kits indoors were having a blast this morning, cleaning off shelves and my table in the kitchen. When I would bend over to pick something up, they would get on my back and walk around. They sure sounded like a demolition crew in there. They are finally napping. Good thing, I'm exhausted!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie