Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Filou lost one of his lifes

Barbara, it was with baited breath I read your post. What an absolutely horrible week you had. But it brought a smile to my face when I read the last bit and I can imagine how happy you were, seeing him race around again. It certainly sounds like he isn’t ready to go. I know how much you love him and I hope he will stay with you for quite a while yet.

The food you give him, is that Royal Canin Renal? I talked with my vet about this diet and he thought it was a good idea to start giving Fister that, as a prevention. He has tasted it before and likes it. The liver paste you give him, what is that called? I’m sure Fister would love that, too.

If you get to a point where Filou won’t eat anything, try to give him "Royal Canin Sensitive", I bet he will like that - and “Calm”, too. Although “Calm” he should only have very little of, as it’s not good for older cats, I believe.

I hope Filou will keep eating and feel happy! Fister and I are crossíng our paws and fingers for him, and sending lots of positive thoughts.

Have a relaxed weekend!

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'll tell ya, I went through this w/my Puddy so many times that I lost count. She, too, was in CRF for approximately 6 years and I'd think it was her time, then she'd perk up. They're such fighters and troopers. We are the ones who lose another life while they keep going. LOL I'm glad that you still have your sweet Filou w/you for, hopefully, a good while yet. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I think I lost a life, too! Thank goodness filou found his energy again.

Mercy! Don't scare us like that!!! Please give sweet Filou a kissie from me and my gang, ok?
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Filou says thank you for all the good wishes. He just sat on top of the piano and played with his feather wand.
    I slowly begin to sleep better again. He scared us so much I justn't couldn't start a thread
    Now he is better than he was 4 weeks ago. He is for sure our miracle boy.

@Randi- yes it is Royal Canin Renal- he loved it consistently. Even Tigris loved it, he thought it was treats And the liver stuff is called Tubicat- but I think it is a German brand. It is new and in the shop where I buy it they say many people found out that it is purrfect if you have to give pills or entice kitties who don't eat.

Oh, Barbara, I'm SO happy Filou pulled through! I know how trying these times are and how your heart must have soared when he came over to give head bumpies!

Big, big hugs to you and Siegmar and gentle smoochies and head bumpies to Filou.

Thoughts and prayers are on their way for a full recovery and many many more years with Filou!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom View Post
    Oh, Barbara, I'm SO happy Filou pulled through! I know how trying these times are and how your heart must have soared when he came over to give head bumpies!

Big, big hugs to you and Siegmar and gentle smoochies and head bumpies to Filou.

Thoughts and prayers are on their way for a full recovery and many many more years with Filou!
    I couldn't have said it better. He's a total miracle! We're so lucky to share our lives with these amazing spirits!
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

WOW, so glad to hear he is better now!! Tough story to read, but the ending made it all better.

I am so glad to know that Filou is feeling much better.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I was away from Internet for more than a week and I couldn't wait to find out what are the news with Filou.

I am so glad that he's better. I hope to see him soon.

Happy Birthday, Barbara!