Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filou lost one of his lifes

Filou lost one of his lifes

We had a horrible week with Filou. He stopped eating last Sunday and just didn't want any food, he was lying on the radiator and just turned his little head away.
    As he had already lost a lot of weight he was so weak and could not even walk properly. When we took him to the vet for fluids in the last weeks he usually vomited on the way in the car- although we drove as slowly as we could. So the vet decided she would come over to give him his fluids. She came Monday evening and was very worried. He survives now 5 (!!!) years with kidney failure and she says his levels are the highest she has ever seen in a living cat. By Monday he started to have diarrhea and she was afarid that was just the last stage of kidney failure- we know it can be his time any time.
    But we hoped it could be an infection so she gave him an antibiotic shot as well. Tuesday I came home and his diarrhea had gotten worse and there were dark liquid spots in all of his 3 litterboxes. Trude the vet came back on wednesday and we all were sitting around the table crying as we talked about sending him to Rainbow Bridge before it all got really bad. He was to weak to even climb a knee. She thought it wouldn't make sense to give him another injection.
    While we were sitting there - really, really sad- guess who climbed off the radiator and gave some headbumpies to his dad? I said: He heard all this talk and he's not ready yet. So he got his second antibiotic shot and - lo and behold- he wanted some food. There is a special treat here- liver sausage in a tube especially for cats (without any spices or salt) and he ate some.
    Next day when I came home he had diminished his kidney dry food.
    He is eating little- still thin as a wire- and has taken on his Abyssinain habit of galloping through the living room, climbing us, sitting on our shoulders and just giving us signals that he loves his life.
    We are so happy.
    We had agreed that we call Trude today and I had to give her the happy news that for this time we will not have to talk about Rainbow Bridge again. She came and gave him the 3rd shot (it is a depot injection and 3 shots are the full cycle). Filou doesn't like to gte shots even at home but when she left he had already come out and said. "Is she gone by now"?
    We know it is only a question of time- but this was not the time.
    Please send him thoughts for more recovery

OMG I was like frantic.. Filou you get well soon ok.. You sure scared your meowmom & all of us.. Sending Lots Lots of Prayers & Whisker Huggss..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Oh, goodness, Barbara, glad he's perking up a bit, but scares like that are no fun.
    I've Been Frosted

You are a terrific writer. Even though from the title I knew he was still around, reading got my heart racing. What a worry! Chin rubs for Filou! And a Friday evening drink for you, lol.

Wow, that was a tough read. Had my heart racing and anticipating bad news. I am so very glad he's pulled thru this time and will have more time with you. Kisses for Filou, purrs from Cali and Diego.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Filou's name suits him perfectly

I am glad he seems better. He really enjoys all the time he has with you Kiss your precious boy for me

So glad he seems to be making a recovery.

Oh, Filou, I'm so glad you decided to perk up and start eating and enjoying yourself again!

Oh, Barbara, what a week! I'm so glad Filou has perked up, though, please give him kisses and headbumpies from here (and a hug for you!)!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Oh wow, what a roller coaster ride you had. I am so glad to know
    that Filou has perked back up. Good boy Filou.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I had to look up the name - trickster, swindler (did NOT like that one!), rascal...

Filou, I am glad you have 8 remaining lives! Hugs and kissies to you!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh, Filou! What a week to have gone through. So glad to learn that you somehow managed to come back from the very brink!

I just lit you a candle for you: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=10753304. May you continue to recoverl and live on happily in the light!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

What a tough week he's had. I'm happy to hear that he's doing much better now and that he's still enjoying life. I hope he'll be with you for quite a while yet. I'll continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I hope you have many more years to stay with your loving family. You were not ready to go yet, and they were not ready to let you go. Love is a strong power sometimes.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Barbara, reading this was scaring the hell out of me! What a horrible time you all had!! But how amazing that Filou actually interfered when his journey to the RB was discussed, letting you all know that he's NOT ready yet! What a miracle boy Filou is!!

Keeping you all in my thoughts,
    Kirsten