Thread: Louie Has Gone

Hybrid View

Louie Has Gone

Hello everyone
    You don’t know me very well because my Mummy didn’t post very often but she wanted me to tell you something about me now.
    I was a German Wirehaired Pointer, bred to be a hunting dog but I wasn’t very good at it because I was afraid of loud noises so whoever had me left me on the side of the road when I was a year old. I’m not sure how I broke my leg but when I was rescued by Ursula at Haven of the Heart I had mended it myself although it was still a bit wonky.
    Haven of the Heart was very full and Ursula asked my Mummy and Daddy if they would foster me for a few weeks so I could tell them if I was an indoor or an outside dog and if I was a nice dog and liked people and stuff.
    What I didn’t know was that Mummy and Daddy didn’t want another dog yet because they had just lost my Uncle Rocky and were still very sad. So even though I tried very hard to be a good boy, after three weeks they took me back to Ursula to tell her that I was very adoptable.
    A few months later Mummy and Daddy saw my picture in a newsletter and realized I was still waiting for a new Mummy and Daddy and came and picked me up. I was one happy dog. That was twelve whole years ago.
    I took me a long while to realize that my Daddy was a friend because I had bad memories of men but he was very patient with me and loved me very much.
    Twice a day either Mummy or Daddy would take me to a big park where I could chase squirrels, meet my dog pals, go adventuring and see how much trouble I could get into. I even fell through the ice once and had to be rescued. The next day I tried to go back there to figure out how it happened but Mummy wouldn’t let me.
    I had a really good life but my wonky leg got sore, something called arthritis and it got worse and worse so even my other legs got sore too so I couldn’t go to the park anymore. Sometimes I couldn't even stand up by myself. Getting old is no fun. I got lost in my own house and couldn’t remember why I went outside. Mum says it happens to her too but I was very embarrassed.
    Yesterday, Mummy and Daddy took me to the vets and asked me to go and see Uncle Rocky because he was waiting for me and to tell him I was a good boy. I was happy to go because I was very tired and so I did.

I'm very sorry about Louie. It sounds like he was a very happy boy, living with you. Play hard at the Bridge Louie. Your legs will be ok now...
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Louie was much loved and will be sorely missed, I can tell. Be gentle on yourself.

He had a good life with your family.....

and was so loved.....know those things, .i am just so sorry......

Thanks to PCB!

A major case of L.E.S.

A beautiful Tribute to a Wonderful Friend.
    Safe Trip to the Bridge, Louie.

What a good life Louie had with you after his shaky start. I so sorry to hear he has gone.
    I hope he is playing happily with Uncle Rocky now.

It is through tears that I am typing this.
    I am so sorry.

Play hard at the bridge Louie!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    (hugs)
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

What a sweet but sad at the same time thread. Like others have said, Louie was given such a wonderful, happy life with you and your family. I'm so sorry he is no longer with us. Play hard at the bridge, Louie, you can run free again!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I'm so sorry for your loss, but what an adorable story. Thanks for giving Louie a lovely home for many happy years. He sounded very loved and loving. Rest in peace, Louie.

Yesterday and today I packed up 12 years of Louie's life. Dog beds and leashes and kongs and toys and dog food and they are going to a local shelter. His treats are going to his best friend Pogo. I think he would have liked that. I kept his collar for me.
    Thank you all so very much for your kind words and messages of sympathy, they have really supported me through out this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie and me View Post
    Yesterday and today I packed up 12 years of Louie's life. Dog beds and leashes and kongs and toys and dog food and they are going to a local shelter. His treats are going to his best friend Pogo. I think he would have liked that. I kept his collar for me..
    So kind of you to think of others during this time - bless your heart

I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad Louie had a good and long life with you - in spite of his tough start. I can tell you will miss him a lot. Try to think of him being with uncle Rocky on the RB, playing happily and free of pain.

Rest in peace, Louie!

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh, Louie, what a sad, sweet story. I wish we had met sooner I'm so sorry you had to leave, but I know you're wonky leg isn't troubling you any more and that you and Uncle Rocky are playing together as you wait at the Rainbow Bridge. Rest in peace, Louie

XXXXXXXXXXXAll our children have paws!
    XXXXXXXXNewman, Lexie, Molly, Emma, Billy,
    XXXXXXXXJess, Jinx, Midge, Sofie, and Tiger

RIP at the Rainbow Bridge:
    Our kitties, Simmy, Duke, Blackie, Mama Cat, Riley, April, and Chloe.
    Our dogs, Shilo, Misty, Nikki, and Shadow.
    We miss you. Play gently until we meet again.