Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Canadians, and any cell phone users

Question for Canadians, and any cell phone users

Are your cell phone plans with "free" long distance?

We have "free" long distance for the US and Canada on our cell phone plan.
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you for that information. I am thinking that is pretty common these days. This lovely woman, Canadian, for whom I am fostering some dogs for told me she couldn't call me as she wanted to avoid LD charges on her cell phone. Doesn't matter to me if she calls or not, we can communicate quite well through email. I was just caught off guard with the LD charges.

We Canadians pay thru the nose for cell phone service. There are no free long distance plans here.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    We Canadians pay thru the nose for cell phone service. There are no free long distance plans here.
    OOOHHHHHH......hmmm....once again, chalk it up to an American taking something for granted. Thanks for that information! I think that many of our land line services also provide "free" LD these days.

I pay an extra $20 per month for my land line to have UNLIMITED long distance. This way I can talk to my mom every night and it doesn't cost as much as it could.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

My husband and I THOUGHT we had service including Canada. Turns out, we don't. We travelled to Canada a couple of months ago and found if we are IN Canada and calling out, it's a steep charge.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I have a cell phone plan that allows me to call 5 specific numbers unlimited in North America, but no long distance plan for regular calls.

I once had a long distance plan added to my cell phone plan that allowed me to call long distance for $0.05/minute, I think it was like $10/month, but that was a long time ago. Right now I do not have any long distance plan on my cell phone.

*Thanks Ashley*

No free LD for me on my cell (or on my landline either!).

I have pretty generous texting on my plan...is that like email? I wonder if I would pay for texting to the USA?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

what about Skype? I've heard its good for international calls.

These are not the droids you were looking for

My American cell contract had no charge for roaming or long distance at all.

My cell phone here in Germany is a whole other can of worms. There is no additional fee for roaming while in Germany but there are extra fees for calling out of Germany, for calling landlines, for calling mobiles depending on what network they are on They nickel and dime you to death over here! I am hoping that we don't have to use or phone when we are in Holland this weekend because it would probably cost us at least an extra Euro 0.50 a minute to make any calls at all.
    I guess I should add that over here we pay nothing for incoming calls so that is pretty cool
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Quote Originally Posted by Nomilynn View Post
    I have a cell phone plan that allows me to call 5 specific numbers unlimited in North America, but no long distance plan for regular calls.
    I'm on the same plan... Its great for me as I only call 3 people & 2 of them are LD. Everyone else I chat with online.

Oh Skype is free

Quote Originally Posted by king2005 View Post
    I'm on the same plan... Its great for me as I only call 3 people & 2 of them are LD. Everyone else I chat with online.

Oh Skype is free
    You haven't rang me yet.
    Here's my number...........(012)345 6789

"I'm Back !!"

Quote Originally Posted by wombat2u2004 View Post
    You haven't rang me yet.
    Here's my number...........(012)345 6789
    nice fake number.. its not even close to an international number lol

i'll call you on the online skype... kingrattus ... let me know when you added me so i can turn it on... i want to say hi to karen n the doggies too.. no video, only voice

anyone can add me if they want.. just let me know who you are so i can accept, as i don't like the sex-bots that try to add me lol