Thread: Update on Austin my Foster

Update on Austin my Foster

Austin is a Bearded Dragon with some health issues which now all point to neglect.

At first no one was sure what was wrong with him & most guessed he was just deformed from birth. Some said he might have MBD, but he looked oddly deformed, even for it to be MBD.

Well it turns out it IS MBD, & its getting better!!!

Remember those weird hills he had on his back (not spine)?
    They were really hard to the touch & didn't bend or anything. Well those hills are several ribs that were fused together from the MBD. They are now all loose & wiggle about like his ribs should. With luck they'll go back to where they should be (not so high up).

His tail seemed to be a lot more flexible too. He was wagging it like a dog as he was trying to get comfy on the towel in front of the window.

I HOPE his 1 hand will get better, as his wrist is bent oddly & makes walking on it either uncomfy or painful (I don't know which & it might even be both ), so he doesn't move as much as he should, but he is moving more & more the longer he is with me.

That's awesome that he's doing better! C= I didn't know reptiles could face such problems, poor little guy.

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

This is great that he is improving! Good job!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas_Hamster View Post
    That's awesome that he's doing better! C= I didn't know reptiles could face such problems, poor little guy.
    Reptiles are very hardy creatures if you give them the basic they need in life to survive; Water, food, & proper lighting. There is no way his old owners gave him proper lighting as improper lighting is the cause of MBD...

I'm so very happy the little guy is getting so much better. He's far too sweet of a critter to stay in Foster.