Thread: Buddy Video...does your cat do this?

Buddy Video...does your cat do this?

At least a couple times a day Buddy gets up on my chair with me and rolls and rolls his head on the arm. I am wondering if anyone else has a cat that does this. I put a video on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jveJDzzI1_g

YES!!! We have several cats that do this!!! Buddy is a very handsome ORANGEMAN!!! Thanks for the video!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Quote Originally Posted by kb2yjx View Post
    YES!!! We have several cats that do this!!! Buddy is a very handsome ORANGEMAN!!! Thanks for the video!!
    Awwww...thanks. I was getting impatient waiting for someone to respond to my video. He is definitely the kitty love of my life. He is my soul mate now that Casey is gone.

Of course - he's "claiming" the chair! I don't think Pinot does quite that motion, but I'm sure it's just the rubbing to add scent. Buddy is a sweetie! Thanks for the video!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Mac "loves" the computer monitor like that, and he's an orangeman, also! I think Buddy is just claiming everything as "his".
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

But he keeps rolling his head, over and over. He has to rub on everything in his path too. None of the other cats rub as much as he does. It cracks me up. My brother cat-sat for me one time and couldn't believe it. Sometimes he rubs so much that the hair close to his ears is worn down. He is such a love though. Did I mention that.

He sure is a very handsome boy. Sky loves to rub and headbutt almost anything. My RB Sunny would also do this. Storm will also rub some things and both he and Ziggy will rub against my legs to mark me.

OH MY! What a handsome boy he is! He wants YOU to do that so RUB****RUB****RUB****him! It's lovey dovey time!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Aww thanks. He is such a lover. He does the rolling his head thing on the arm of the chair several times a day. If my daughter comes home and he is on the arm of the chair and she talks to him he will roll and roll his head like that.

Rubbing!

My beautiful Tosha, whom we had to let go recently, used to get up on the back of the couch and do it on my head. It was almost like an overstimulated kitty's behavior. He'd get so involved!

Hey...
    Just a thought.
    Have you checked his ears for mites?
    Christine
    Proud & Lucky Mom of Shelby, Morgan, Bentley, Pauley, Tohsa, & Kharma, who misses Scorpio, Sunny, Winchester, Lucy, Hank, Pauley, Laddy & General

"Where there is breath, there is hope."

Quote Originally Posted by aStarSeeker View Post
    My beautiful Tosha, whom we had to let go recently, used to get up on the back of the couch and do it on my head. It was almost like an overstimulated kitty's behavior. He'd get so involved!

Hey...
    Just a thought.
    Have you checked his ears for mites?
    Lol...no he doesn't have mites. He is one of those cats that just rubs on every surface. He cannot walk through the house without rubbing on every doorway chair or whatever is in his path. When he rolls and rolls his head I think it is his way of acknowledging you or telling you he loves you because whenever my daughter comes home he does it for her too. He is a very funny boy.

It's so sweet! Fister does it too, mostly on my hands and on my head. I love it! He also kneads into my upper arm and breast, he will even sit here and tell me to get the duvet out of the way. I'm sure they're telling us how much they love us and that they own us.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    But he keeps rolling his head, over and over. He has to rub on everything in his path too. None of the other cats rub as much as he does. It cracks me up. My brother cat-sat for me one time and couldn't believe it. Sometimes he rubs so much that the hair close to his ears is worn down. He is such a love though. Did I mention that.
    Buddy may think of himself as alpha cat and is constantly marking everything to let the other cats know he is king and everything is his, not theirs. Seriously, he's claiming his space and his items by marking everything with his scent. It's my understanding the pheromones carried on the chin & cheek areas are "happy" pheromones, so maybe he's not only claiming things but helping keep the other cats calm. I have no scientific proof of that but it's what the synthetic pheromone in Feliway is supposed to do...calm cats!
    ~~Pat: Mom to (L-R in siggy)Philly, Piper, Molly & Kit

Quote Originally Posted by Momto4FemaleFelines View Post
    Buddy may think of himself as alpha cat and is constantly marking everything to let the other cats know he is king and everything is his, not theirs. Seriously, he's claiming his space and his items by marking everything with his scent. It's my understanding the pheromones carried on the chin & cheek areas are "happy" pheromones, so maybe he's not only claiming things but helping keep the other cats calm. I have no scientific proof of that but it's what the synthetic pheromone in Feliway is supposed to do...calm cats!
    Yep...he definitely is alpha. And, he rubs on EVERYTHING. He cannot walk past a doorway without rubbing in and out a couple times. Sometimes the fur above his ears is worn down. I just love how he rolls his head on my armchair every night like that. Sometimes he will just be sitting there and my daughter will call over to him and he will do it. He is such a love.