Quote Originally Posted by dab_20 View Post
What do you guys know about Royal Canin? My brother feeds that to Springen, it has a kind that is especially for Boxers. Good or no?
Royal Canin and Science Diet are both VERY BAD foods... they consist primarily of lower-than-cattle-feed-grade fillers, and the little "meats" they use are rejected scraps. Nutro Ultra is just a step above that, as it's still packed with grains and has very low meat content at all.

Corn Meal
Chicken By-product Meal
Animal Fat
Soybean Mill Run

Those are the first 4 ingredients in SD, and it gets worse from there. Chemicals, common allergens, etc. Nutro contains 3 types of rice in the first 4 ingredients, making the food primarily rice!!! That's a nutty price to pay for a rice-based dog food. This just doesn't seem like food that a carnivore should be eating, does it? A canine can only digest at MOST 25% of grains/plants. The rest of it is going to be converted into excessive, yucky poops. When you feed grain free, poops will be small, firm, and much less frequent. My dogs poop once or twice a day, never more, and they're very small.

I love Orijen & Acana... it costs $12 for a 5.5 lb bag of it, so it's about $2/lb. Same as Nutro Ultra! And you will be feeding much, much less of it. The ingredients speak for themselves.

Fresh deboned chicken, chicken meal, turkey meal, russet potato, fresh deboned pacific salmon (a natural source of DHA and EPA), herring meal, sweet potato, peas, fresh deboned lake whitefish, fresh deboned northern walleye

If you can't get Orijen or Acana, Wellness CORE is a low cost, quality grain free option.