Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paris is very sick little girl

Well I thought I better post this entire week has had high highs and low lows..She has Pancreatitis.....She is back home now...I can't put her through the car ride and nights away from home anymore. I am going to do my best to keep her comfortable with the local vet..She is back to the not eating stage again....So tomorrow I am going to take her to my vet and have sub q fluids and an anti nausia medication and also an acid reducer for her stomach. And hopefully they can bring her around again...I am just affraid i am prolonging her agony at this point for selffish reasons...I love her more than anything on the planet... They can't just fix her...I just want them to give me my sweet silly talker kitty back. She is the most wonderful animal and I was blessed each and every day with her presents on this planet she doesn't deserve even a minute of any pain and she has been through 2 weeks of none stop agony I just promised her that I won't do that again...Make her ride 2 hours in a car. Not knowing where we are taking her. Sorry to be such a downer but this whole ordeal has taken a lot out of me and much more out of her. She doesn't like me sad and I really do try to stay positive but its getting really hard. We have lost in our life time to many siamese kitties...

*I've been Boo'd*

I'm so sorry to hear this. My Ziggy had a mild form of pancreatitis and luckily she only had to be in the hospital for 24 hours.They gave her fluids, pain meds, antibiotics and later they force fed her and she was able to keep it down so then I brought her home and she was ready to eat on her own. They gave me Hills A/D and you can mix it with water and then put it in a large syringe to force feed Paris if you need to. Ziggy also got vitamin B-12 shots to help to stimulate her appetite and they really worked. They gave her one and then I gave them to her weekly for about 6 weeks or so. I sure hope that she'll start eating again and will be able to gain some weight back. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers. I will call and see if my vet will give me some vitamin B12 shots that might work? She eats but its LOTS of small meals that consist of mainly chicken baby food with a little canned food mixed together when she keeps in down it works good but I am hoping that she eats better...I stopped by the vet today and she gave me injectable form of a antacid that I can give her under the skin so I am not trying to force it down her throat. Cause now that she is no longer on a feeding tube and some what back to normal she fights me like you would not believe on the medication. I have resorted to injectable even though I don't like doing that... but because she is such a little pistol when it comes to medication I am giving her the shots myself(Cut out all the vet visits which stesses her out.) IF this dosen't stop the nausiea then she wants to give her some prednisone to see if that will help with the inflammation at all.... Thanks again to all I hope she can pulls through this cause honestly I NEED her in my life. She melts all my stress away every night from work. Just one glimps from those baby blue eyes make all the stress and strain go away after a long day at work...

*I've been Boo'd*

I've been told that B12 shots are painful, they sting, but you can inject it directly into the port on the bag of fluids if you're still giving her subQ's.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by heidiv View Post
    ........ Thanks again to all I hope she can pulls through this cause honestly I NEED her in my life. She melts all my stress away every night from work. Just one glimps from those baby blue eyes make all the stress and strain go away after a long day at work...
    She sounds like what Nakita was to me. I haven't been around the site much myself, but wanted to send my vibes your way for Paris. Hang in there!

Any update?
    Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

I feel so sorry for Paris. I had pancreatitis, it was extremly painful and put me in hospital for over a week. I was not alowed to eat anything.
    So Paris hang in there, Moms doing every thing she can.
    GILL & Crew;

Better news!!

Well this week I stopped giving her the injections for the antacid and she seems to be doing a little better hasn't thrown up yet?? Its been soooooo good and I have been soooo happy I just pray it isn't short lived...She means so much to me that even a note on here can put it into words...There is just a really special connection to your "heart" kitty...Life would be so terrible without her.

Russian Blue I felt your pain through all of that with Nakita I cried my eyes out!! Her features remind me soooo much of Paris...The eyes, the face, of course Paris is 1/2 Siamese but her momma was russian blue...They are are such wonderful animals... I have 4 others but there is just something about this girl that would make me do ANYTHING for her...Even if I am poor now...Doesn't matter...I have her in my life and nothing else really matters to me... I just wish the same could have been for Nakita I loved her stories on here and I was crushed to hear that she went to the bridge...

Gill- I can't even imagine the pain you must have experienced Paris was in tremendous pain...She was on pain meds for over 2 weeks and spent countless hours at the animal ICU. Being a human and having to deal with that I hope its not reoccuring and you are now well...I pray the same for Paris as well....We know the signs now so we can be on top of it.... Thanks so much for putting us in your thoughts and prayers you are a great group of people and I gain strength in your support thank you, thank you, thank you!!

*I've been Boo'd*

I'm happy to hear that Paris is feeling better this week.
    Please give her an extra hug and kiss from me.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

I'm glad to hear that Paris is doing better and I hope she'll continue to do well. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Sending love and prayers to dear Paris.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Here are some photos of Paris after her first hospital visit...Thought I would let you see how much weight my poor baby lost.

First photo is of ther after her surgery
    Second one to show how thin she was getting.
    Third is of her tummy shaved from exploratory surgery
    Fourth is on her with her feeding tube.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paris after surgery.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	45342   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paris soooo thin.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	45343   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tummy all shaved from exploratory surgery.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	45344   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paris with feeding tube.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	45345  

*I've been Boo'd*

What a sweet baby, and what great love you and she share. I just lit a candle for Paris to send her some light and warmth: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=10753311

Bless you both.

Love from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    What a sweet baby, and what great love you and she share. I just lit a candle for Paris to send her some light and warmth: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=10753311

Bless you both.

Love from Pat and cats
    Thank You soooooo very much its all of your loving prayers and thoughts that have made me a stronger meowmie.... I can't thank you enough it means the world to me.... And I am just soooo happy to see my baby doing so much better... I will get more time with her now...Shes my life...My Love..My "Heart" kitty!!

*I've been Boo'd*

She sure has been through so much. It reminds me of my RB Starr when he was so sick before I changed vets. I sure hope she'll continue to do well and gain some weight back. I'll continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Ziggy has gained her weight back and then some. She's now about 15-16lbs but she is a very large female.

I am so happy that Paris is making progress, it is indeed wonderful news, please know that you and Paris are not far from our thoughts, and we hope that she continues to become well again, take care and Giant Hugs to you both.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️