Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paris is very sick little girl

Paris is very sick little girl

Hello everyone....I know it seems I only come on here when I need a little pep talk but this weekend has been incrediably difficult for me but for the most part Paris...I love her so much that its making this whole "home recovery" very difficult.

On Wednesday I noticed that she hadn't been out at all to visit with use and then Thrusday night she didn't even come up for bed. Which she always does anyway long story short they did exploritory surgery on her yesterday afternoon and all they found was that her intestine was twisted really bad and they untwisted it. Yet her appetite hasn't gotten much better since. I took her in again today they put more subquetaneous fluids under her skin and sent us home with more pain meds. The kind that you dont have shove down her throat. She hates medicine of any sort. She was also given one dose of valium in the hopes of calming her down a bit. Now that has begun to wear off she is being a little more like Paris the pain meds they gave her made her act way off the wall....

I guess my question would be?? Shaking is a sign of pain correct? I should give her more pain meds then shouldn't I regardless of how tumbly they make her. I need some advice I just wish this entire nightmare would just go away!! And I could get my baby back to the way she was...

*I've been Boo'd*

Oh dear i am so very sorry to hear about your sweet lil girl Paris, how awful for her and you, i cannot offer you any advice ,but i do sincerely hope she is on the mend soon,if not just keep in contact with your vet regarding her condition and make sure she is comfortable, hoping she recovers soon and you are all happy and well again, take care.,and get well soon Paris.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I hope she gets better quickly.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Call the Vet - first thing in the morning. I'm surprised they didn't keep her at the Vet for the weekend.

I'm so sorry to hear about Paris. I've never heard of shaking being a sign of pain. My Sunny had cancer and when he was in pain he'd just look so sad and just sit quietly and he just wasn't himself. I'd also be calling your vet or an ER vet for more information. I hope she'll recover quickly and I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Call your vet right away. Shaking isn't a good sign no matter what it signifies. I do hope that she gets better very soon but perhaps she needs to stay at your vet's until she shows noticeable signs of improvement. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thanks Everyone

I really thought she should have stayed at the vets office as well... They don't open till 9 this morning my vet happend to be out this weekend so I had to take her to a different vet where they did the surgery. I hate that I can not get food down her. She just licks the gravy off of the food still won't eat solids. If anything she is going to need at least another round of fluids today. No eating though terrifies me...You know everyone says felines have 9 lives but all of my siamese dont ever get the chance to live one really good life...Well gang if she pulls through this I will thank the good lord above over and over and over... I and cherish every waking momment with her. I don't care if my boss is upset with me for not going into work....I pretty much don't care at this point. She is all I care about. I just can't believe how sensitive their little bodies are...She is withering away to nothing. Please keep her in your prayers...

*I've been Boo'd*

Saying a prayer for Paris. Shaking doesn't sound good I would consult the vet again.

I sure hope that your vet will be able to help her feel more comfortable and hopefully they'll be able to get her to eat some too. You may even have to end up force feeding her with a big syringe and some canned Hills A/D diluted with water until she's able to eat on her own. I had to do this with my RB Pepper many years ago. Vitamin B12 shots also help with appetite so please ask your vet about this. These really helped my Ziggy when she stopped eating on her own. I'll continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Prayers for little Paris. Hoping for a good update.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

sending a ton of positive thoughts and vibes for Paris to pick up and be well again, keep us posted, we all understand how upset you are right now and are there for you with love and support, come on lil Paris eat for you mama. Please.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Update on Paris

Oh thank you I haven't been able to get on here much for an update but this week has been terrible she had to go to the University of Minnesota where she spent two nights she was set up with a tube which they fed her through then on Wednesday they sent us home with the tube and feeding syringes where we had to feed her through her tube well needless to say she did well the first night then she took a turn for the worst vomiting started last night at 12:00 and continued until around 1:30 this afternoon. So we loaded her up drove her the hour and half the the University were they admitted her into the ICU once again where she is getting more fluids via IV and they will start up the tube feeding in the AM. They are going to keep her in the pet hospital until the feeding tube is removed and she is able to eat on her own. I am exhausted I have a angry employer I am sure...My money is gone and I can only hope that she will make a good recovery and come home soon! This has been quite the ordeal. All I care about is that she is home with me and that this doesn't become a chronic problem...Sometimes it chronic...I have to look into pet insurance because this is pretty hard to pay for. I have thousands into her at this point. I can only imagine they won't cover her at this point because she now probably has a Pre existing condition? If that works the same as humane insurance?? Please keep the prayers coming and more than words can say I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all of your thoughts and prayers... You are all wonderful and thoughtful...
    More than I can say about a lot of other people in my life...I get the usual stupid comments that people say...They don't understand what the bond can be between a person and their Siamese...They are so faithful...she was trying to make me stop sobbing all day today by trying to comfort me even though her little body was weak so selfless on her part, so loyal to their human I have never in my life owned such a wonderful creature...Paris is my rock without my rock I just don't know what I will do... She means more to me than I can put into words... I have 4 others I do understand but I must say there is something to that bond you have with your "heart" kitty its just different. Those of you who know what I am talking about will understand..

*I've been Boo'd*

Oh i am so so sorry to read what is happening with Paris, poor wee girl and i really feel for you as well, it is so tough when our furbabies are so ill, everyone hear understands how you are feeling and what she means to you, you have come to the right place for empathy and understanding, love and support.

I pray with all my heart she makes a turnaround for the better soon, and you both can be happy again, you are in my thoughts , take much care and fingers and all paws crossed that your precious Paris will be well again and soon, HUGS.
    Furangels only lent.

I am keeping sweet Paris in my thoughts and prayers. Get well soon, girl!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by heidiv View Post
    Oh thank you I haven't been able to get on here much for an update but this week has been terrible she had to go to the University of Minnesota where she spent two nights she was set up with a tube which they fed her through then on Wednesday they sent us home with the tube and feeding syringes where we had to feed her through her tube well needless to say she did well the first night then she took a turn for the worst vomiting started last night at 12:00 and continued until around 1:30 this afternoon. So we loaded her up drove her the hour and half the the University were they admitted her into the ICU once again where she is getting more fluids via IV and they will start up the tube feeding in the AM. They are going to keep her in the pet hospital until the feeding tube is removed and she is able to eat on her own. I am exhausted I have a angry employer I am sure...My money is gone and I can only hope that she will make a good recovery and come home soon! This has been quite the ordeal. All I care about is that she is home with me and that this doesn't become a chronic problem...Sometimes it chronic...I have to look into pet insurance because this is pretty hard to pay for. I have thousands into her at this point. I can only imagine they won't cover her at this point because she now probably has a Pre existing condition? If that works the same as humane insurance?? Please keep the prayers coming and more than words can say I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all of your thoughts and prayers... You are all wonderful and thoughtful...
    More than I can say about a lot of other people in my life...I get the usual stupid comments that people say...They don't understand what the bond can be between a person and their Siamese...They are so faithful...she was trying to make me stop sobbing all day today by trying to comfort me even though her little body was weak so selfless on her part, so loyal to their human I have never in my life owned such a wonderful creature...Paris is my rock without my rock I just don't know what I will do... She means more to me than I can put into words... I have 4 others I do understand but I must say there is something to that bond you have with your "heart" kitty its just different. Those of you who know what I am talking about will understand..
    We can all relate to what you say. We're praying for a good outcome for Paris and for your peace of mind. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11