Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I'm being laid siege to by a cat! *UPDATE - taken*

Chris, if the original owners let her wander, what did they expect? Hopefully she will be an indoor kitty once they get her back.

It's too dangerous for furry babies out there. I hope her owners put out notices soon!

(I'm going with the female gender...what the heck!)
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

It doesn't take them long to make their presence felt, does it?

Chris, I think you have done the best thing you could have for this kitty. At least it seems that s/he will live with people who care for animals and s/he will have some safe space.

A number of people now know where s/he is, so if s/he does belong somewhere else, it wouldn't be too hard for them to find out what happened to their cat.

I hope all works out for the best.
    Last edited by Killearn Kitties; 04-15-2010 at 02:22 PM.

I do understand how you're feeling right now about your little kitty visitor. Stupid? Absolutely no way!!!!! You saw a kitty in need and offered food, safety, and companionship. We'll never know what would have happened to her if not for you.
    All of us here love animals. I, for one, seem to fall in love with just about every kitty I see. There are always a few cans of cat food in my back pack that are given to strays and ferals when I see one.
    How great that you can visit and get updates. My wish is for this kitty to find that purrfect furever home where she'll be loved, cared for, and protected.
    Thank you for caring enough to help this little one! Groucho is sending you lots of purrs and kitty kisses for helping his fellow kitty in need
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Thanks guys.

Now I finally read through all this thread and I am especially moved by the notion that she was bold and confident first and became needy later- it may be one of these sad stories in which people move and leave the pet behind.
    A paper collar can easily go while you go through shrubs and woods- and if she has never worn one she may have sat down to give it a good tear

It sounds very good what you did for her. With Filou in the state he is now I could never consider another cat- but such a cute beauty breaks your heart doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post

I'm lost and sore of heart.
    What?

Being an animal lover and member of PT, we would not expect anything less from you...

I suspect most of us here have the same kind of sentiments.

Should I ever get to your neighborhood?

I may take up on your back porch!

Chris, you have done all the right things. Feeding her, contacting everybody you could think of - and finding some people who she can stay with and who already know cats, is great!

It might be that someone moved and left her behind, or she had some owners who didn't care much. Now, she will get a much better life because of you helping her. Thanks!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

You fed her, you did all you could to find her owners, and you found her a home where she'll be able to stay forever if her owners aren't located. That's what I'd call a successful rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Purrs View Post
    You fed her, you did all you could to find her owners, and you found her a home where she'll be able to stay forever if her owners aren't located. That's what I'd call a successful rescue.
    I totally agree. Chris I think you went above and beyond what most people would do. I know that PT'ers would've done the same thing as you though because we all love animals so much.

Thanks for the support everyone.

The people who he is with now took him to the vet this morning (yes, it's a boy) and he is healthy. I was told he is eating well and when looking through the window at the animals seemed unfazed. He will be introduced to the dogs and the other cats gradually over the next two weeks and once that two weeks is over he will be let outside. Hopefully, he will then decide to stick around as an indoor/outdoor cat.