Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's have some baby updates!

Let's have some baby updates!

Its been a long time since we've had some baby threads. Let's get some updates about the adorable PT babies!

Here's my update.

Baby M just turned 3 months old. He is becoming more and more playful everyday, and is such a joy to spend time with. He loves watching the tiels and 'talking' to them. He smiles everytime he sees mommy, and makes me feel so loved because he just can't stop looking at me when others are holding him. He loves going out and enjoys looking at the sky and talking to it.

His sleep status: He was sleeping through the night from 7 weeks (about 7-8 hours), but suddenly started waking up once in the night again. This continued for about a month, everyday. I wondered if I was doing something wrong, because I knew my baby KNOWS how to sleep longer than that. Two days ago, we decided to leave his room and see how things go. (We were sleeping in HIS room in order to get him used to his room/crib, while being with him at the same time). Our room is next door to his, so we can still hear him very well when we sleep there. Guess what. He's sleeping through the night again! Last night, I put him to bed at 9:30pm. He woke up at 5am, and he woke up laughing. I guess us being there and perhaps making sounds in our sleep was distrubing him. I'm having so much fun being a mom. It is truly wonderful. He generally sleeps with me for his morning nap (7:30-9), so that's his mommy/baby cuddle time.

Three months have flown by so fast. He's no longer a newborn, but a darling, sweet, playful infant. I never imagined having a baby would be so much fun. It is truly a lot of work, but every bit of it is worth it!

So how are all of your babies doing?

Awww, good to hear he's such a good baby, and that he loves talking to the 'tiels, too! How do they react to him?
    I've Been Frosted

My baby is going to the Air Force Academy in June and she will be gone for 9 years! Thats my baby update!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Awww, baby M sounds so sweet! That is great he is sleeping so long, too! I also didn't realize how fun it would be to have a baby. I've always liked kids and thought I would enjoy it more as Lyra got older, but I find myself missing some of her little baby days!! It's truly amazing how quickly they change!

Lyra is doing well, she is 13 months now and just starting walking. She's still a bit wobbly and mainly crawls because she's very fast at that, but she looks really proud of herself when she does walk. She points at the cats and says "cat" about 25 times a day. She understands quite a bit and likes to point things out. We got to visit my mom a few weeks ago and she had quite a bit of fun, and was good on the plane both ways! Here's a picture of her in grandma's rocking chair:

Looking forward to hearing all the other updates!

Malcom is really growing, too. He is 11 months old now, and will celebrate his first birthday in April. He is pulling up on things now and crawling everywhere, and he's also into everything! (Current favorite activities include opening cabinets and pulling books from bookshelves.) He is still such a happy, smiling baby, too. (I'm attaching pics so I don't have to upload to Photobucket right now.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3462.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	45170   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3470.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	45171  

PCB- Baby M could very well have been going through a growth spurt, and wanted to be fed. You two might not be making too much noise afterall.

Baby J is 5.5 YEARS, LOL. Yesterday, Lillycat noticed he wasn't zipping around on his bike..and she went to investigate. She saw his bike- but not him. That was, until she looked up a tree. There he was, even with the windows on the second story.

Babydom is fun, but it seriously does get even better than that.

Loving the baby updates. It's hard to believe how fast they grow, how they change so much from day to day. Malcolm and Lyra are both so adorable, and getting so BIG!!

PCB, I'm so glad you are enjoying motherhood. It truly is the most wonderful thing in the world. Baby M sounds wonderful and you're lucky, he sleeps through the night already. Vince didn't sleep through the night until he was 8 or so months old except for just a handful of nights.

My oldest "baby" just turned 3. I can't believe how fast time flies. Vincent just celebrated his first birthday March 15th. We had his birthday party on Sunday the 14th and had a wonderful time. Below are a few updated photos of my little man and his big sister.

Vince is not walking yet, but has been pulling himself up to standing on everything. He speed-crawls. He says momma, dada, kitty and hi (and is starting to wave). He has tried and loved every single food I've offered him but he still prefers my milk, and insists on nursing 4-5 times a day. I'm in no hurry to wean him and will let him wean himself, but hope he's ready to wean by 2 because that's my cutoff. He's a bundle of giggles and so very easy going and mellow. I'm so in love with my perfect little family.

I made an amazing organic carrot pineapple cake and cupcakes with cream cheese icing. It was a wonderful way for Vince to celebrate 1 year of life I think! It didn't turn out real pretty but it was mighty yummy.

The loves of my life

And here are a few various of my kid(s) taken within the past few weeks
    Quinn and Vincent at Chuck E Cheese. This photo shows how tender and loving Q is with V. She's amazing.

This is just funny. Vince loves those bananas hehe

On our walk a couple days ago

That's it.

This one didn't work the first post, hopefully it works here.

Malcom and Vince are so cute! I think it is so great how well Quinn and Vince get along, too. They are such a sweet pair.

Any other updates?

Hi guys! My little man is 5.5 weeks old. He had his 1 month check up this past Thursday and weighed in at 9.7 lbs and 21.5 inches long. Overall he is doing good. He has a small granuloma in his belly button, the doctor put some silver nitrate in there to dry it up. On the downside he has reflux and it is not fun at all. Spitting up after almost every feeding is a mess and tiring for both him and us. I ordered a special wedge/sling to put him in to sleep so he can stay elevated. The first 2 pictures I took today. Excuse his semi-nakedness.

His 1 month picture.

Sleeping in his nap nanny.

Getting groomed by Maggie.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Awww, he looks so worried in that first picture! Despite the reflux, he looks like a healthy well-fed boy!
    I've Been Frosted

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I am glad you started this thread! It's nice to hear how everyone is doing! I can't believ it's been three months already, PCB! And everyone is super cute, of course! Pictures are the best!

Clara is wonderful. She is over seven months old and about 29 inches tall! She is very observant, and difficult to make giggle, but she is always smiling! She is starting to talk a lot, and says things that sound like dada, mama, and hi. I'm loving it!

She's eating two to three meals of solid foods a day, and I really love making her food for her. I did give her store bought pureed prunes a couple days ago, but everything else has been homemade. She eats a lot at each meal! Usually five or six ounces of two vegetables for dinner!

She's able to get around her crib and on the floor, although she's not crawling, yet. Soon enough. No teeth, yet, but again, I'm in no rush!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Well as it turns out Connor does not have reflux. We had to bring him to the ER tonight and he has pyloric stenosis. Surgery will be later today. It is a relief to have an answer for his excessive spitting which turned into projectile vomiting. He should be able to eat "normally" after his surgery and keep his formula down. He hasn't had a bottle since 7pm and it is now 2:20am, needless to say when he is awake he is mad as all get out.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Poor Connor! Prayers for the surgery today. Keep us posted.